PDA

View Full Version : What the hell? How is Tulane getting all these portal guys?

CaptainObvious
01-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Up is down, black is white, north is south. Heck, the next thing you know Vandy will be signing 5 stars.😳😳😳

starkvegasdawg
01-19-2024, 04:05 PM
https://randazzokingcake.com/media/126/c/voodoo-optimized.jpg

PMDawg
01-19-2024, 04:24 PM
Up is down, black is white, north is south. Heck, the next thing you know Vandy will be signing 5 stars.������

With no link, or other relevant information provided, I couldn't begin to venture a guess. I have no idea what you're talking about.

DownwardDawg
01-19-2024, 05:11 PM

Lol. Well done

Saltydog
01-19-2024, 07:07 PM
Haven't you heard, we passed on them. That's the story on one of the Bama transfers to Tulane or so it's rumored.

Offshore Dawg
01-19-2024, 07:10 PM
" Frankly my dear I don't give a damn".

parabrave
01-19-2024, 07:31 PM

Can't argue with this. Instant rep

CaptainObvious
01-19-2024, 07:49 PM

It All Makes since to me now! I forgot whiner were dealing with.

TrapGame
01-19-2024, 08:02 PM
I heard this guy is in charge of the Portal.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7f1ec9ad7aa2bb2d9acd8eabbf84bc55/tumblr_oawa1hx5kR1t30xsso9_r1_500.gif

Lord McBuckethead
01-19-2024, 08:07 PM
I know from 1st hand account that they are good at recruiting on a personal level. Plus they are winning above their weight class.

RockyDog
01-19-2024, 08:08 PM
Sumrall was a home run but he wasn?t good enough for many MSU fans. And we wonder why we are constantly sucking the hind tit in the SEC

preachermatt83
01-19-2024, 08:27 PM
Sumrall was a home run but he wasn?t good enough for many MSU fans. And we wonder why we are constantly sucking the hind tit in the SEC

Sumrall will not win as much as Willie Fritz did there

Churchill
01-19-2024, 09:06 PM
Our endowment is roughly 700 mil theirs's is roughly 1.6 bil . They are an "old money" school with a lot of very wealthy alumni.

DEDawg
01-19-2024, 09:29 PM

Let it go dude. Sumrall is an ok coach who was better than where he was and landed up a job. He isnt SEC that is like 4 steps above where he was coaching

KOdawg1
01-19-2024, 09:40 PM

Sumrall would've been about as boring as you can get.

Plus the second the Kentucky job opened up, he'd ditch us. We can't hire a guy that'll leave us for freaking Kentucky.

Cooterpoot
01-19-2024, 09:46 PM
He got guys that can't help us. Damn people, stop being stupid!

preachermatt83
01-19-2024, 09:52 PM
Let it go dude. Sumrall is an ok coach who was better than where he was and landed up a job. He isnt SEC that is like 4 steps above where he was coaching

Facts!

99jc
01-19-2024, 09:58 PM
Because Tulane lives near Fanville!

Cooterpoot
01-19-2024, 09:58 PM

😂😂😂

dawgday166
01-19-2024, 10:29 PM
He got guys that can't help us. Damn people, stop being stupid!

Agree on the stupidity. The stupid ones should all know by now that if a kid is going somewhere besides MSU, other than GA or Bama, then we didn't want him and he ain't no good ****

CaptainObvious
01-19-2024, 10:52 PM
It isn't that big a deal. A bunch came with Sumrall. I was thinking more about WR Shazz Preston and the stud UCF receiver. It is true these couldn't help us. They are not at position of need for State.

And the 4 or 5 that came from Troy were a lateral move to Tulane.

Todd4State
01-20-2024, 02:16 AM
Up is down, black is white, north is south. Heck, the next thing you know Vandy will be signing 5 stars.😳😳😳

If I'm a football player and I know I'm not going to make it in the NFL, spending my last year of college in New Orleans and getting a pretty reputable degree/master's is not a bad way to go.

Todd4State
01-20-2024, 02:19 AM

LOL. Yeah- we're sucking hind tit because we didn't hire guys that ended up a freaking Tulane.

We're sucking hind tit because we hire people like Zach 17ing Arnett and the boosters friends to run the show and we have fans like you that promote hiring them.

MoreCowbell
01-20-2024, 07:06 AM
They have the 57th ranked transfer class, what am I missing?

Saltydog
01-20-2024, 09:23 AM
Meanwhile Bama keeps losing more players, namely to FSU and our friends up North raked in two more solid transfers yesterday. Meanwhile in Starkvile......

PMDawg
01-20-2024, 10:14 AM
Meanwhile Bama keeps losing more players, namely to FSU and our friends up North raked in two more solid transfers yesterday. Meanwhile in Starkvile......

We're not killing it, but we're not doing too shabby either. If we pulled one more impact transfer at all 3 levels of the D, I'd call it an A+. As it stands now, I give us a solid B, maybe a B+

Homedawg
01-20-2024, 10:16 AM

I'll give you Amos. But who else? Turnage?? He's walking on. He's never played in college. If we got him people we be saying how bad he was. Which, in this case, would be correct.

msstate7
01-20-2024, 10:26 AM
OM's defense is gonna be a great case study on transfers. They've basically got a whole new defense in the portal. It'll be interesting if OM's coaches can mold these guys into a great D.

Cooterpoot
01-20-2024, 10:39 AM
They have the 57th ranked transfer class, what am I missing?

Not a damn thing

Cooterpoot
01-20-2024, 10:42 AM
We're not killing it, but we're not doing too shabby either. If we pulled one more impact transfer at all 3 levels of the D, I'd call it an A+. As it stands now, I give us a solid B, maybe a B+

Nah, we're not doing great on defense at all in the portal. But the HS class will be strong. Were really going hard after the HS kids. I imagine you'll see more defensive portal work next year.

PMDawg
01-20-2024, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Cooterpoot;1580695]Nah, we're not doing great on defense at all in the portal. But the HS class will be strong. Were really going hard after the HS kids. I imagine you'll see more defensive portal work next year.[

That's why we need a good DL, LB, and DB from the portal. Starters. I still think we did ok. Not great.

Coursesuper
01-20-2024, 11:21 AM
Nah, we're not doing great on defense at all in the portal. But the HS class will be strong. Were really going hard after the HS kids. I imagine you'll see more defensive portal work next year.

Correct, we have to address the offensive side of the field first which is exactly what we have seen so far. We will see much more defensive side of the ball next year. We have to be smart about how we spend nil funds, I believe that’s what is happening. We are on for a long haul fix.

Todd4State
01-20-2024, 11:47 AM
Correct, we have to address the offensive side of the field first which is exactly what we have seen so far. We will see much more defensive side of the ball next year. We have to be smart about how we spend nil funds, I believe that’s what is happening. We are on for a long haul fix.

We'll be young in spots on defense but that's OK with me. We can evaluate what we've got better that way.

With only one scholarship spot left there are decisions that would have to be made and there is a risk of letting go of someone that could potentially be helpful for us.

Coursesuper
01-20-2024, 12:07 PM
We'll be young in spots on defense but that's OK with me. We can evaluate what we've got better that way.

With only one scholarship spot left there are decisions that would have to be made and there is a risk of letting go of someone that could potentially be helpful for us.

Like I said, we have to be smart about what we’re doing, this is not a quick fix situation.

FISHDAWG
01-20-2024, 12:14 PM

Agree .... not everything can get fixed in one year... this is going to take a few years even with the portal ... I just hope the fan base can remain patient enough for this to happen

Todd4State
01-20-2024, 02:05 PM
Like I said, we have to be smart about what we’re doing, this is not a quick fix situation.

And at the same time I have a feeling we won't be as bad as a lot of fans fear on defense. I really like Deonte Anderson, DonTerry Russell, John Lewis, Issac Smith, Khaumari Rogers, and Corey Ellington. And with a coach now focusing on S&C and developing speed we could be solid.

Saltydog
01-20-2024, 02:38 PM
And at the same time I have a feeling we won't be as bad as a lot of fans fear on defense. I really like Deonte Anderson, DonTerry Russell, John Lewis, Issac Smith, Khaumari Rogers, and Corey Ellington. And with a coach now focusing on S&C and developing speed we could be solid.

We're going to be one of the worst defensive teams in the league. We just are. We don't have not one game changer on that side of the ball. We've got some guys with potential but like David Turner said, "potential is just a fancy word meaning you haven't done it". The DL is weak for SEC standards.