PDA

View Full Version : that number 35 for AU takes out at least one defender on every play, I would love...

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 07:48 PM
to see Mullen bring that position back. And when they take #35 + 2 pulling guards, it's almost unstoppable.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2013, 09:20 PM
We need a Jay Prosch. Our running game and offense in general worked best when we had a guy like HanraMan coming around the edge and picking up edge blocks. Now that we have a guy like Dak playing QB, I think this becomes even more vital to our offense.

We will have the stable of RBs and the big WRs to do exactly what Auburn does. Run run run and pass it when we feel we have an advantage we can exploit and to keep the defense honest. I personally prefer to pass it more than Auburn does, but hey, whatever gets us a win. We need to power run and I think adding that big HB or FB to our 1st and 2nd down package will increase the effectiveness of our offense.

Op4isabitch
12-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Whatever happened to Shumpert, the Fullback not Ashton.

Tbonewannabe
12-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Whatever happened to Shumpert, the Fullback not Ashton.
Someone said a career ending injury. I think it was a neck injury.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 09:47 PM
We definitely need the FB back in our offense

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2013, 09:53 PM
We definitely need the FB back in our offense

It doesn't necessarily have to be a FB....you can do the same thing with a TE. I kinda like what Artimas Samuel did for us. He owned Nkemidiche on our OT td run in the egg bowl.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 09:59 PM
It doesn't necessarily have to be a FB....you can do the same thing with a TE. I kinda like what Artimas Samuel did for us. He owned Nkemidiche on our OT td run in the egg bowl.

true- but it needs to be a guy like Samuel. MoJo isnt that guy. I want a guy that can punish some LB's

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 09:59 PM

I believe that was Malcolm Johnson. We put him in the backfield and he kicked out the end. Dak cut right underneath him. We have got to get our TB back in the offense.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
true- but it needs to be a guy like Samuel. MoJo isnt that guy. I want a guy that can punish some LB's

I would convert Nick Griffin and Shumpert to that role though Shumpert probably wouldn't like it. And then Samuel for sure.

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2013, 10:05 PM
I believe that was Malcolm Johnson. We put him in the backfield and he kicked out the end. Dak cut right underneath him. We have got to get our TB back in the offense.

Go back and watch it again...it was Artimas Samuel. Drove him five yards backwards into the endzone.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 10:07 PM
I would convert Nick Griffin and Shumpert to that role though Shumpert probably wouldn't like it. And then Samuel for sure.

Shumpert is a big back- but he is not an actual FB type player. Shump is a big back that needs the rock and can wear tacklers down. JRob also but in a different way because he is shorter and compact. Griffin is not a real FB either but could give us some use in that role due to his size.

A good FB is a guy that is too small to play on the OL- but can run and catch a little. And LOVES contact.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Go back and watch it again...it was Artimas Samuel. Drove him five yards backwards into the endzone.

MoJo couldnt drive my 4 year old 5 yards back. He worked hard blocking and has put some effort into it- but physical he is not.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Shumpert is a big back- but he is not an actual FB type player. Shump is a big back that needs the rock and can wear tacklers down. JRob also but in a different way because he is shorter and compact. Griffin is not a real FB either but could give us some use in that role due to his size.

A good FB is a guy that is too small to play on the OL- but can run and catch a little. And LOVES contact.

For some reason, we haven't recruited that guy. Samuel is about the only one on the roster that fits that description. Shumpert sprung Dak twice this year on nice blocks and frankly, I don't think he has the burst to be effective at RB at this level. Hope I'm wrong on that.

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2013, 10:11 PM
MoJo couldnt drive my 4 year old 5 yards back. He worked hard blocking and has put some effort into it- but physical he is not.

That's probably one of the biggest areas we have to improve....our wideouts don't block well at all. Johnson was split out a lot and missed a lot of blocks. Morrow is a terrible blocker too.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2013, 10:16 PM
We need a Jay Prosch. Our running game and offense in general worked best when we had a guy like HanraMan coming around the edge and picking up edge blocks. Now that we have a guy like Dak playing QB, I think this becomes even more vital to our offense.

We will have the stable of RBs and the big WRs to do exactly what Auburn does. Run run run and pass it when we feel we have an advantage we can exploit and to keep the defense honest. I personally prefer to pass it more than Auburn does, but hey, whatever gets us a win. We need to power run and I think adding that big HB or FB to our 1st and 2nd down package will increase the effectiveness of our offense.

Nick Griffin would be the perfect guy for us to convert to FB. He's big and athletic, but last a 1-1.5 steps after 2 ACL injuries. Still VERY athletic for a FB. Good hands out of the backfield as a receiver. And probably the best blocker we have among our RB group. If anyone has earned a new role to get him onto the field more, it's 7. He's all heart and would run through a wall for us.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 10:21 PM
That's probably one of the biggest areas we have to improve....our wideouts don't block well at all. Johnson was split out a lot and missed a lot of blocks. Morrow is a terrible blocker too.

alot of that has to do with youth and inexperience- it got better thru the year. Even MoJo got better and he was working his ass off late in the year- he's just not a physical player. I think RoJo and Wilson will be physical guys next year and block well- in addition to being solid WR's. Samuel is physical and should be better now that he has experience.

We offered a big physical juco TE the other day. He weighs 260-270 and would help tremendously next year. Signed with Auburn out of HS. We could really use this guy.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2013, 10:27 PM
alot of that has to do with youth and inexperience- it got better thru the year. Even MoJo got better and he was working his ass off late in the year- he's just not a physical player. I think RoJo and Wilson will be physical guys next year and block well- in addition to being solid WR's. Samuel is physical and should be better now that he has experience.

We offered a big physical juco TE the other day. He weighs 260-270 and would help tremendously next year. Signed with Auburn out of HS. We could really use this guy.

I thought RoJo was a pretty good blocker this year. As far as Bear, I was super impressed with him. Frankly, he was our best, most physical WR. I saw him lay a TON of huge blocks. Can't overemphasize how excited I am about him going forward. He may be that elite WR we've so desperately missed.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Jay Prosch is 6'0" 258

Can Milton play FB?

Milton - 6'0" 210 - Could he get to 230?

Coach34
12-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Jay Prosch is 6'0" 258

Can Milton play FB?

No- Milton is a true TB- he just cant stop fumbling. The best thing Milton could do is transfer to NW State in La. They could really use him. Once Aeris gets here in June- Milton may not get another carry behind JRob, Shump, and the pride of West Point.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Jay Prosch is 6'0" 258

Can Milton play FB?

Samuel is 6'1 260 and can catch. He really is the perfect lead blocker. We just have to incorporate him more. I think Nick Griffin can handle it too. Dude has heart and is strong.