PDA

View Full Version : Aikman interview with Stephen A. - State of the Cowboys

dawgday166
01-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Good interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_arqsAzASGc&ab_channel=StephenA.Smith

parabrave
01-18-2024, 03:28 PM
Screw both of them/ Troy had one of the best talented teams ever surrounding him/ See ehat happened to him when he didn't. SAS is famous for being a loudmouth and his knowledge of big words.

dawgday166
01-18-2024, 04:03 PM
Screw both of them/ Troy had one of the best talented teams ever surrounding him/ See ehat happened to him when he didn't. SAS is famous for being a loudmouth and his knowledge of big words.

Not a fan of Stephen A.

I don't keep up with it all that great but I had been hearing that Dallas was a team built to go to the SB all year. Aikman said that in interview too. I dunno whether they are or not since I don't keep close tabs on it.

Aikman did have a great supporting cast but I didn't have takeaway of him bashing Dak in interview. If anything he was pointing out reality of Cowboys situation as well as expectations from fans and media.

I like Aikman. That's the only reason I watched to begin with. I think he tries to call it square myself.

State82
01-18-2024, 04:51 PM
On a related note, I see that Jerry has decided to bring McCarthy back. Oh well.

SailingDawg
01-18-2024, 06:32 PM
Jerry is the problem.

parabrave
01-18-2024, 06:53 PM
Not a fan of Stephen A.

I don't keep up with it all that great but I had been hearing that Dallas was a team built to go to the SB all year. Aikman said that in interview too. I dunno whether they are or not since I don't keep close tabs on it.

Aikman did have a great supporting cast but I didn't have takeaway of him bashing Dak in interview. If anything he was pointing out reality of Cowboys situation as well as expectations from fans and media.

I like Aikman. That's the only reason I watched to begin with. I think he tries to call it square myself.

And thats the problem is that they thought they were built tp go to the SB, with no running game and a defense built to stop the pass but not the run. And a coach running his 20 year old offense.

Coach34
01-18-2024, 07:06 PM
They suffered some tough injuries this year- especially defensively.

No excuse for losing to GB tho.

gtowndawg
01-19-2024, 10:36 AM
Speaking of Stephen A...has anyone been following this war between he and Jason Whitlock? Jason Whitlock seems to have discovered Stephen A lied about his time (supposedly) playing college basketball at an HBCU. In past interviews Stephen A said he never played in a game but Jason Whitlock shows stat sheets from the same time where someone named Stephen Smith played in 10 games. He also barely played in high school (claimed he didn't play because he failed a project - not a class, a project) but after high school this HBCU coach saw him in a pickup game and offered him a scholy on the spot? The only proof is Stephen A's headshot in a basketball jersey but that's all there is.

Lot's more to it than that but I'm leaning towards Stephen A made it all up.

BeardoMSU
01-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Speaking of Stephen A...has anyone been following this war between he and Jason Whitlock? Jason Whitlock seems to have discovered Stephen A lied about his time (supposedly) playing college basketball at an HBCU. In past interviews Stephen A said he never played in a game but Jason Whitlock shows stat sheets from the same time where someone named Stephen Smith played in 10 games. He also barely played in high school (claimed he didn't play because he failed a project - not a class, a project) but after high school this HBCU coach saw him in a pickup game and offered him a scholy on the spot? The only proof is Stephen A's headshot in a basketball jersey but that's all there is.

Lot's more to it than that but I'm leaning towards Stephen A made it all up.

Whitlock is a kook, so neither side is really worth a shit.

Edit:
Oh, he took down the Tweet....I wonder why?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GELX3UDXMAA5Ssk?format=jpg&name=large

Pancho
01-19-2024, 11:10 AM
whitlock is by far the most level headed and sane of the 2

BeardoMSU
01-19-2024, 11:23 AM
whitlock is by far the most level headed and sane of the 2

Meh...

SAS is a loud-mouth clown. Whitlock is a loud-mouth clown with worms in his brain.

gtowndawg
01-19-2024, 11:27 AM
Meh...

SAS is a loud-mouth clown. Whitlock is a loud-mouth clown with worms in his brain.

The football discussions Whitlock has with Warren Sapp are great. Far better than anything on ESPN for sure.

Saltydog
01-19-2024, 11:29 AM

Aikman played behind the best OL EVER in the history of the game. Emmitt Smith, albeit a good running back, couldn't have carried Barry Sanders jock strap. Sanders played on some absolutely pathetic teams. Had he played behind that Dallas OL he'd be the all-time leading rusher, not Smith. Dallas needs upgrades on the OL. They had essentially no running game this year to help out Dak.

parabrave
01-19-2024, 12:02 PM
Aikman played behind the best OL EVER in the history of the game. Emmitt Smith, albeit a good running back, couldn't have carried Barry Sanders jock strap. Sanders played on some absolutely pathetic teams. Had he played behind that Dallas OL he'd be the all-time leading rusher, not Smith. Dallas needs upgrades on the OL. They had essentially no running game this year to help out Dak.

And I wish he had Whitten. Ferguson turned out to be a reliable TE but no Whitten or Kelce. Oh yeah a left Tackle would be nice

Commercecomet24
01-19-2024, 12:22 PM

No running game and a defense that couldn't stop the run. They had the record they did BECAUSE of Dak. There's only a handful of qbs in the game that could've won 12 games with this team and Dak was one of them. I didn't trust the cowboys defense all year after that arizona debacle. And Bland and Gilmore for all their hype got burned a ton by the better wrs.

Todd4State
01-19-2024, 03:31 PM

Barry certainly could have kept playing if he had wished to. It sounds like he just got burned out.

dawgday166
01-19-2024, 03:48 PM
Meh...

LOL ... That's funny. I've never listened to and don't know much about either guy in your post above so won't jump to conclusions. There are folks I've discounted in the past on deep and/or sensitive topics and ... I was wrong.
Dave Chappelle had a really good SNL Monologue awhile back that's interesting.
Follow the $$$$.

Pancho
01-19-2024, 04:00 PM
chapelle is hilarious

dawgday166
01-19-2024, 04:11 PM
chapelle is hilarious

Yea he is. And that monologue was too.

Pancho
01-19-2024, 05:25 PM
katt williams has opened up recently as well........

Cowbell
01-19-2024, 10:46 PM
No running game and a defense that couldn't stop the run. They had the record they did BECAUSE of Dak. There's only a handful of qbs in the game that could've won 12 games with this team and Dak was one of them. I didn't trust the cowboys defense all year after that arizona debacle. And Bland and Gilmore for all their hype got burned a ton by the better wrs.

This is it. And cowboy fans along with a majority of America don't see it. They don't realize that Dak is the one that gets them there. They are nothing without him. They think that he is the weak link. A qb shouldn't have to be perfect to be successful but unfortunately that's the case in Dallas. So many football "experts" had them picked to make a deep playoff run even though they had no run game or run defense. Everyone should have saw this coming. I can honestly say I did. That defense is fools gold just like that oline....

I hope dak gets traded myself. Dallas had a chance to add linebackers, o-lineman, and a stud running back and decided to pocket the extra cap space.