PDA

View Full Version : Braves Fans - No more Bally pains

Pinto
01-17-2024, 08:07 PM
Looks like we will be able to watch the Braves on Amazon Prime:

https://sports.yahoo.com/amazon-takes-minority-stake-in-bally-sports-networks-will-stream-games-on-amazon-prime-161333935.html

RockyDog
01-17-2024, 08:09 PM
Nope. Nothing changed. Bally nor Amazon own the Braves streaming rights. You still gotta have cable, satellite or FUBO to get the Bally channels.

This only allows Amazon to stream the Rays, Brewers, Marlins, Tigers, and Royals.

KOdawg1
01-17-2024, 11:33 PM
MLB.TV + a VPN is the way to go

parabrave
01-18-2024, 02:00 AM
Aw hell I' just saying F it.

msstate7
01-18-2024, 07:00 AM
This only allows Amazon to stream the Rays, Brewers, Marlins, Tigers, and Royals.

Do you have to be in those teams' market to watch their games or can anyone?

viverlibre
01-18-2024, 09:19 AM
MLB.TV + a VPN is the way to go

Recs on a VPN service?

KOdawg1
01-18-2024, 09:32 AM
Recs on a VPN service?

I use NordVPN and it works great

RockyDog
01-18-2024, 11:35 AM
Do you have to be in those teams' market to watch their games or can anyone?

Not sure how that works. I’d assume probably just in-market. When Diamond dropped the Padres last season MLb took over production of their broadcasts and I think just lifted their blackout restriction on MLB tv.

It sounds like Manfred is trying to swing a deal for MLB with Amazon but I would imagine that doesn’t happen til at least 25

Political Hack
01-18-2024, 12:30 PM
Shouldn't take solving a jigsaw puzzle to watch a baseball game. I've seen more games live the last 3 years than I've watched on TV.

RockyDog
01-18-2024, 01:56 PM
Shouldn't take solving a jigsaw puzzle to watch a baseball game. I've seen more games live the last 3 years than I've watched on TV.
It is stupid. And if they really cared about the fans like they say they do, they would have lifted the blackouts already. But like everything else they don’t really care. It’s all about corporate money and keeping the big money folks happy.

The example they always use is that people in certain parts of Iowa are blacked out of something like 7 MLB markets. Manfred and MLB don’t give a rip about Bubba and Susie watching the Cubs or Braves on their little picture box

Political Hack
01-18-2024, 03:38 PM
Money money money... muhhhh ney.

The ballpark is awesome. I love going. Not a bad seat in the house and you can pay for Gen Admission ticket and still go find a premium spot to watch the game from one of the open bar areas. And if you want to splurge, the Delta Club is my favorite spot.

It's absurd to me they put so much attention on the fan experience for people at the games, but won't make sure it's easily accessible for the hard core fans to watch the games everyday. Kids here don't watch much baseball anymore as it is. It's too slow. And now it's hard to get the games. In 10-15 years, what's baseball going to look like if an entire generation loses interest?

parabrave
01-19-2024, 07:38 PM
Start going to AA games. More fun cheaper and you can actually talk to the players,

Todd4State
01-20-2024, 02:21 AM
Money money money... muhhhh ney.

The ballpark is awesome. I love going. Not a bad seat in the house and you can pay for Gen Admission ticket and still go find a premium spot to watch the game from one of the open bar areas. And if you want to splurge, the Delta Club is my favorite spot.

It's absurd to me they put so much attention on the fan experience for people at the games, but won't make sure it's easily accessible for the hard core fans to watch the games everyday. Kids here don't watch much baseball anymore as it is. It's too slow. And now it's hard to get the games. In 10-15 years, what's baseball going to look like if an entire generation loses interest?

Yeah. It's a MLB problem. The games themselves are great to go to in person like you said. But MLB needs to get the TV stuff straightened out to continue to grow the game.

shoeless joe
01-22-2024, 12:04 PM
Nope. Nothing changed. Bally nor Amazon own the Braves streaming rights. You still gotta have cable, satellite or FUBO to get the Bally channels.

will the games still be available on the bally sports app like they have been?

RockyDog
01-22-2024, 12:40 PM
will the games still be available on the bally sports app like they have been?

I would think so. Nothing changes for the Braves.

Although that app is trash. I had an xfinity login for 3 years and was lucky to get one game a week. It kept telling me that the channels weren’t a part of my package which wasn’t true. As a matter of fact I don’t think I was able to see a game last season thru the app. I always had to login thru the web.

I emailed their customer service several times and got no help.