PDA

View Full Version : Alabama hiring Kane Wommack

Todd4State
01-16-2024, 01:50 AM
As DC?

That's what the rumor mill is saying.

If you're South Alabama do you look at Pete Golding for the HC spot?

Leeshouldveflanked
01-16-2024, 05:12 AM
As DC?

That's what the rumor mill is saying.

If you're South Alabama do you look at Pete Golding for the HC spot?
Isnt Ole Miss paying Golding more than USA would?

Dawgface
01-16-2024, 08:13 AM
Isnt Ole Miss paying Golding more than USA would?

I would imagine so.

msstate7
01-16-2024, 08:22 AM
First off, great hire. What is he doing though? Unless he really thinks his team is gonna fall off this season, he was gonna get a better HC gig after this season

RiverCityDawg
01-16-2024, 08:48 AM
First off, great hire. What is he doing though? Unless he really thinks his team is gonna fall off this season, he was gonna get a better HC gig after this season

Their roster has been plundered and there's very little hope for G5 programs of that level. I'm sure he'll also make more money as the bama DC.

sack07
01-16-2024, 09:16 AM

This is an interesting trend we are going to see more of. These coaches feel they can advance faster as a P5 coordinator v G5 HC.

StarkVegasSteve
01-16-2024, 11:29 AM
If DeBoer pulled that off that is a hell of a hire and a huge blow to South AL.

Maverick91
01-16-2024, 11:49 AM
If DeBoer pulled that off that is a hell of a hire and a huge blow to South AL.

As a USA alum it sucks. There is still a part of me that wishes we would have stayed at the FCS level for much longer Joey Jones would have had a statue by now if so.

BuckyIsAB****
01-16-2024, 12:17 PM
G5 may as well form their own league. I think I would rather watch jt

PGHBulldogBG
01-16-2024, 06:39 PM
As bad as the new CFB landscape is hurting Miss State, it is really going to impact programs in the G5 much worse. Also I think the recruiting for big 12 teams will start to slip too making it harder for those teams to compete in the playoff. It is all about being in the SEC or Big 10. There will be one more round of expansion for the conferences maybe up to 20 or 24 teams but basically everyone else not included in that will be left behind

Cowbell
01-16-2024, 06:42 PM

Alabama is just a maniacal stepping stone for coordinators though. Or was. We will find out if that continues.

msstate7
01-16-2024, 06:48 PM
Alabama is just a maniacal stepping stone for coordinators though. Or was. We will find out if that continues.

Was is the key word. Might still be, but I think the chances of bama having a lesser coach than Saban are very, very high

StarkVegasSteve
01-16-2024, 06:53 PM
Was is the key word. Might still be, but I think the chances of bama having a lesser coach than Saban are very, very high

Saban was the outlier of all outlier. He had more 14 win seasons than he had 5+ loss seasons. Let that sink in

msstate7
01-16-2024, 07:01 PM
Saban was the outlier of all outlier. He had more 14 win seasons than he had 5+ loss seasons. Let that sink in

Yeah, we was amazing

Commercecomet24
01-16-2024, 07:39 PM
G5 may as well form their own league. I think I would rather watch jt

Yeah I'm starting to think that way myself. It's why I enjoy watching fcs football. Kids that aren't super talented just playing the game they love and playing hard and disciplined.

Commercecomet24
01-16-2024, 07:40 PM

Yeah the chance of finding the next Saban are not high. Remember bama had some rough patches between stallings and Saban. They've missed on coaches just like other schools have.

Heck JWS beat em 3 straight years.

msstate7
01-16-2024, 07:48 PM
Bama hired buffalo's HC as their co-DC. Wow, I'm a little worried they'll hire Lebby as their co-OC. Damn

dawgday166
01-16-2024, 08:05 PM
Bama hired buffalo's HC as their co-DC. Wow, I'm a little worried they'll hire Lebby as their co-OC. Damn

With coaching jobs opening up. that thought has crossed my mind a little too.

Apoplectic
01-17-2024, 03:45 PM
yes his teams of far superior talent were awesome.