PDA

View Full Version : National announcers bragging on DOGS

lastmajordog
01-15-2024, 11:05 PM
National annoncers bragging on Slay and Fletcher Cox ....why don?t they mention MSU?? Finally one mention of Mississippi State; MSU Needs to start a media school to promote the DOGS.....JMHO

TheLostDawg
01-15-2024, 11:32 PM
National annoncers bragging on Slay and Fletcher Cox ....why don?t they mention MSU?? Finally one mention of Mississippi State; MSU Needs to start a media school to promote the DOGS.....JMHO

I wish that they would. There is a reason there is only one school in the state that owns the media and gets the hype

Leeshouldveflanked
01-16-2024, 05:16 AM
We suck at everything, except cheese.

Dawgface
01-16-2024, 08:11 AM

I hardly ever hear an NFL announcer mention a players college during a game. Although I did hear one mention MSU in a game recently. I believe it was the KC game.

maroonmania
01-16-2024, 08:22 AM
That's why I get a little ticked at MSU fans that get mad when other MSU fans get irritated when our players don't even want to say they are from Mississippi State in their introductions. If our own players don't even want to say where they are from then why should we expect the game announcers to do so? I'm not even sure all the announcers know where all the players are from, but the players themselves do. MSU needs all the mentions it can get to help the brand and help recruiting. Much moreso than the Bamas and Ohio States of the world.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-16-2024, 01:39 PM
Cohen wasnt the best ambassador to former players. Maybe that is changing with Selmon.

maroonmania
01-16-2024, 03:48 PM
Cohen wasnt the best ambassador to former players. Maybe that is changing with Selmon.

You really need a people person with some political skills as AD, not someone who walks around like they are pissed off half the time (ex. Templeton and Cohen).

Kingbarkus
01-17-2024, 01:45 AM
Last year Aikman was doing a Philly game as I had it on in the background. Fletcher made a play, there was a bit of silence and Aikman said (paraphrasing)"Man, Mississippi State has put a ton of defensive linemen in the NFL."

I had an idea of a commercial with all the former MSU dline linemen in their NFL uniforms standing in a line. Autry, Jones, Cox, Sweat, Preston Smith, Gay, etc. At the end of the commercial Dak steps from behind the line of players and makes some corny comment about being chased by these guys in the NFL. Don't know if we could afford to make it though.

memsu06
01-17-2024, 02:01 PM
It's even more perplexing how many we put in the NFL when we had a new DC nearly every year under Mullen.

It could be they actually absorbed all the information from having so many coordinators and it benefited them.

Either way those type of guys are the ones we need to focus our recruiting efforts on.