PDA

View Full Version : Tre Mason

It_Could_Happen
12-07-2013, 07:34 PM
This kid is my heisman front runner next year. Thoughts?

TheRef
12-07-2013, 07:36 PM
41 carries...
6.7 YPC

MetEdDawg
12-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Why he's wasn't in the conversation before now is a little puzzling. He's got 1,590 rushing yards this year. He's rushed for over 100 yards in last 5 games, and in 7 of his last 9. In the SEC. That's crazy. His lowest YPC was against us when he had 3.4 ypc. 8 games with above 5.0 ypc. That's insane.

FlabLoser
12-07-2013, 07:45 PM
He is a good system RB cruising through gaping holes with lead blocks downfield.

Jacksondevildog
12-07-2013, 07:50 PM
He picked Auburn over Ole Miss. I'm glad.

TheRef
12-07-2013, 07:54 PM
STOP THE MADNESS! STOP THE MADNESS!!!

smootness
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
He is a good system RB cruising through gaping holes with lead blocks downfield.

I agree with this to some degree. Especially tonight, if you had a RB with decent speed and vision, something close to that was going to happen. Missouri had no clue how to defend that.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 09:41 PM

I agree, I don't think he is a special talent, but rather fits what Auburn wants to do and does very well in an offense that fits him perfectly.

If he was at OM, you probably wouldn't know much about him.

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2013, 09:57 PM
I agree, I don't think he is a special talent, but rather fits what Auburn wants to do and does very well in an offense that fits him perfectly.

If he was at OM, you probably wouldn't know much about him.

The system helps, but don't fool yourselves into believing he's nothing special. He's a helluva football player.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 10:06 PM
The system helps, but don't fool yourselves into believing he's nothing special. He's a helluva football player.

When I say special, I mean a 1st or early 2nd round type running back. Damn right he is a hell of a player, and could make a solid NFL back, but I just don't see him a irreplaceable type guy. He is above average, but no elite.

engie
12-07-2013, 11:02 PM
When I say special, I mean a 1st or early 2nd round type running back. Damn right he is a hell of a player, and could make a solid NFL back, but I just don't see him a irreplaceable type guy. He is above average, but no elite.

There aren't many running backs that go in the first or second round anymore.

It depends on what an NFL team wants to do. Gio Bernard was the highest drafted RB last year -- and he was stylistically very similar to Mason.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 12:54 AM
There aren't many running backs that go in the first or second round anymore.

It depends on what an NFL team wants to do. Gio Bernard was the highest drafted RB last year -- and he was stylistically very similar to Mason.

Your right, but you know what I mean. Good running back, but not elite.

engie
12-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Your right, but you know what I mean. Good running back, but not elite.

I would argue that he's as elite as Bernard was at UNC...

Mason ran all over some pretty damn salty run defenses this year...

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 01:15 AM
I would argue that he's as elite as Bernard was at UNC...

Mason ran all over some pretty damn salty run defenses this year...

No doubt, but if I were an NFL GM, I would take Gurley, Storm Johnson, maybe Jeremy Hill, Collins from Arkansas, a healthy Yeldon, and possibly Miles Jack ahead of him from a talent standpoint.

Mason is a really college back that plays in a awesome running offense that displays all of his abilities. Not taking anything away from him. Just saying, that from a talent perspective, I don't think he is elite.

engie
12-08-2013, 01:20 AM
You are basically talking about 5 classes worth of players though. Not just a single draft class.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 01:28 AM
You are basically talking about 5 classes worth of players though. Not just a single draft class.

Not trying to make a draft class, just simply trying to give you a scale of where I think his talent level is. I would take him after the guys I listed and before, Robinson, Neil from TN, anyone OM has, South Carolina's Davis, Malena from aTm, and Josey from Mizzou (Although I really like the way Josey runs)

Mason is above average, but not elite IMO.

FlabLoser
12-08-2013, 01:32 AM
I just don't see Mason doing a lot on his own. I see him running through massive holes and defenses that are wondering who the hell has the football. I'd call him a system RB. On any other team he is an average to above average RB and not some dark horse Heisman guy.

TheRef
12-08-2013, 01:34 AM
I just don't see Mason doing a lot on his own. I see him running through massive holes and defenses that are wondering who the hell has the football. I'd call him a system RB. On any other team he is an average to above average RB and not some dark horse Heisman guy.

*cough* Tebow *cough*

Sidewalkdawg
12-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Except tebow was a quarterback doing things in college that don't work in he nfl. Mason will be a great pro.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Mason will be a great pro.

please expound on why you think Mason will make a great pro?

RiverCityDawg
12-08-2013, 12:30 PM
There is talk among the Auburn folks that he might leave after next year. His stock will be pretty high after the season and next year's RB draft class is loaded (Yeldon, Hill, Gurley, etc.).

Sidewalkdawg
12-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Great Frame, runs down hill, doesn't turn the ball over. Similar to Trent Richardson.

engie
12-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Not trying to make a draft class, just simply trying to give you a scale of where I think his talent level is. I would take him after the guys I listed and before, Robinson, Neil from TN, anyone OM has, South Carolina's Davis, Malena from aTm, and Josey from Mizzou (Although I really like the way Josey runs)

Mason is above average, but not elite IMO.

And you wouldn't have put Gio Bernard on that pedestal with those guys either... Can go in these circles all day long.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 01:01 PM
And you wouldn't have put Gio Bernard on that pedestal with those guys either... Can go in these circles all day long.

I don't much about Gio Bernard, so can't argue with you. I'm just evaluating the guys talent level. I could care less about his stats. Just looking at speed, size, power, strength, quickness, and instincts.

This is very subjective, so no one will win this argument.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Great Frame, runs down hill, doesn't turn the ball over. Similar to Trent Richardson.

And Trent Richardson is such an awesome NFL running back**

Mason is a good player, just not elite speed,quickness, or power. When you break down his tool set, instead of just watching him run through mac truck holes, you'll see that he is slightly above average, but not elite.

He is kinda of the AJ McCarron of running backs.

smootness
12-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Well, you just lost yourself the argument.

smootness
12-08-2013, 01:23 PM
By the way, my Heisman front runner for next year is Jameis Winston.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 01:26 PM
By the way, my Heisman front runner for next year is Jameis Winston.

THIS is a very solid point

Sidewalkdawg
12-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Ha. Yep. I obviously have not been following the career of Richardson since he was traded. Probably should have done a quick google before I jumped off that bridge.

bulldawg28
12-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Tre Mason is Josh Robinson in an Auburn uniform.