PDA

View Full Version : Milroe entering portal......Respect his decision......Here's Will's chance........

Saltydog
01-13-2024, 03:56 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/alabama-qb-jalen-milroe-enters-transfer-portal/ar-AA1mVaQx?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=daf7000c6418487387a783356fc546c2&ei=23

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 03:59 PM
Somebody is gonna get a really good dual threat QB. Damn

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Wow, we should throw everything we have at him

ETA... think this is incorrect

Mjoelner34
01-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Fake.

Saltydog
01-13-2024, 04:04 PM
Looks like MSN has taken it down so who knows......

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 04:09 PM
Fake.

Bucky did it ****

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 04:24 PM
He cant throw

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 04:28 PM
He cant throw

For someone who can't throw, he did pretty decent this year.

2 years ago Jaden Daniels "couldn't throw" either.

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 04:29 PM
For someone who can't throw, he did pretty decent this year.

2 years ago Jaden Daniels "couldn't throw" either.

Sure he did great at throw it to this guy if he is wide open, if not haul ass. If thats what you want then he is solid

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 04:31 PM
And I would love to have him if we still had Mullen. I dont think Lebby will want him. I would be happy to see if he could run our offense

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 04:31 PM
Sure he did great at throw it to this guy if he is wide open, if not haul ass. If thats what you want then he is solid

That also describes Will except ... Will doesn't have the haul ass option.

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 04:32 PM

No, it doesnt. Im not fighting this battle. Literally all on field evidence goes against your argument. It?s not worth my time.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 04:37 PM
No, it doesnt. Im not fighting this battle. Literally all on field evidence goes against your argument. It?s not worth my time.

Bullshit. That's why he dumped it off all the time. Even last year against USCe when he played real well, his downfield yardage came off play action passes and his receivers were wide-ass open.

ETA: And that was against he 101st ranked passing D in the country.

parabrave
01-13-2024, 04:38 PM

Will also can't throw to a receiver at the very back inch of the endzone 50 yards away when you need to.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:39 PM

They're gonna be wide open when you can run like nick fitz. Teams have to zone you

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 04:42 PM
Will also can't throw to a receiver at the very back inch of the endzone 50 yards away when you need to.

How often does any QB need to do that?

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 04:43 PM
They're gonna be wide open when you can run like nick fitz. Teams have to zone you

Same as Relf. He couldn't throw the ball into the ocean if he was standing on the beach. But his receivers were wide ass open because of his run threat.

Todd4State

It's easier to get wide open against zone.

Find the the soft spot in the defense.

And stand there and wait for the ball.

DownwardDawg

His point was Milroe dropped a dime when he needed to.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 04:45 PM
Same as Relf. He couldn't throw the ball into the ocean if he was standing on the beach. But his receivers were wide ass open because of his run threat.

He can throw better than Relf. He hit deep passes in stride many times this year. And he had to be real accurate to throw the pass to beat AU. There was only one spot that ball could be at.

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 04:45 PM

But since neither he nor Nick were very accurate it was worth the risk/reward to sell out and stop the run.

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 04:47 PM
His point was Milroe dropped a dime when he needed to.

If you're taking about the Iron Bowl that's a Hail Mary situation that I bet he pulls off maybe once every ten times he tries it.

Credit where credit is due for him pulling it off but I don't think it's something he can just normally do.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:48 PM
But since neither he nor Nick were very accurate it was worth the risk/reward to sell out and stop the run.

65% comp as a soph

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:49 PM
If you're taking about the Iron Bowl that's a Hail Mary situation that I bet he pulls off maybe once every ten times he tries it.

Credit where credit is due for him pulling it off but I don't think it's something he can just normally do.

The play wasn't just throwing a dime... it was also moving around extending the play. Will makes that play 0/100

parabrave
01-13-2024, 04:50 PM

One time and for a win that puts you in a game that counts that's enough. Just ask Staubach

parabrave
01-13-2024, 04:51 PM
The play wasn't just throwing a dime... it was also moving around extending the play. Will makes that play 0/100

Well they only did rush 3. But his running around did extend the play.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:51 PM
This will vs Milroe is moot anyway... there is no way Bama goes after a qb to replace Milroe. Coaches just aren't that big of risk takers

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 04:52 PM
65% comp as a soph

Yea .. I they weren't 5 yd dump off passes or 7 yd mesh routes either.

bulldawg28
He cant throw

He throws better than Will

Todd4State
65% comp as a soph

Both had a completion percentage in the 50's for their career.

Relf was at 58% for his career and Nick was at 55%. Neither hit the 65% mark as a sophomore so I don't know what you're taking about.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
He can throw better than Relf. He hit deep passes in stride many times this year. And he had to be real accurate to throw the pass to beat AU. There was only one spot that ball could be at.

I was replying to a post about Nick Fitzgerald. Not Milroe. Milroe can throw it pretty good.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Well they only did rush 3. But his running around did extend the play.

I'm replaying the play in my head in a way that didn't happen at all. He didn't even move. Auburn really only rushed 2. I'm dumb

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:54 PM
Both had a completion percentage in the 50's for their career.

Relf was at 58% for his career and Nick was at 55%. Neither hit the 65% mark as a sophomore so I don't know what you're taking about.

Oh ok, I thought you meant Milroe. Yeah, I love fitz and relf, but they were pass challenged

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 04:55 PM
I was replying to a post about Nick Fitzgerald. Not Milroe. Milroe can throw it pretty good.

My bad.

parabrave
01-13-2024, 04:55 PM
And for Relf just go to the 41 sec spot

https://youtu.be/ciaK9LT0laQ

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 04:56 PM

It was a great play but still not a high percentage play that he would normally make. These guys are Superman to y'all because of one moment that is out of the norm.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 04:57 PM
Oh ok, I thought you meant Milroe. Yeah, I love fitz and relf, but they were pass challenged

Relf is one of my all time favorite QB's at State. Love that guy.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 04:58 PM
It was a great play but still not a high percentage play that he would normally make. These guys are Superman to y'all because of one moment that is out of the norm.

I gave milroe too much credit. After I rewatched it, I realized yeah, will might coulda make that play too. For some reason, I was thinking he scrambled around before the throw... he just stood there

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 05:00 PM

Not superman. The main point is he is pretty accurate overall and he can make that throw. And that's as a soph. He has the tools with further development to be really good.

ETA: Bucky acting like Milroe can't hit the broad side of a barn. And yet he got sacked more than anyone in SEC, even with his mobility, and completed 65% of his passes and was 2nd behind Daniels in QBR. And his stats are better than Daniels' as a Junior. Why would any coach even consider giving up on developing him further? Especially if the coach is a good QB developer.

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 05:08 PM
He throws better than Will

I cannot help you. Ive said it before, a few of our fans are absolutely batshit. You guys were the same ones wanting Damian Williams because Fitz was gay.

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 05:09 PM
Not superman. The main point is he is pretty accurate overall and he can make that throw. And that's as a soph. He has the tools with further development to be really good.

Being at Bama has a lot of advantages. They have five star skill players all over the field. They have an o-line that is also loaded with 4-5 star guys and it seems like they are allowed to hold their blocks longer than normal sometimes.

Remember Alabama talent makes guys like John Parker Wilson, McElroy, and AJ McCarron look like future legit NFL starters too.

So the question then becomes how much is Milroe and how much is the talent around him? And what would Will potentially look like with those advantages? As accurate as Will was here there is no question in my mind that he would be even more accurate and look better with Alabama advantages built in compared to what he had at MSU.

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 05:10 PM

ETA: Bucky acting like Milroe can't hit the broad side of a barn. And yet he got sacked more than anyone in SEC, even with his mobility, and completed 65% of his passes and was 2nd behind Daniels in QBR. And his stats are better than Daniels' as a Junior. Why would any coach even consider giving up on developing him further? Especially if the coach is a good QB developer.

Yeah with vastly better talent at WR. Way less passes and every defense daring him to throw the football because you know? he cant. He is not a passer. And there is nothing wrong with that. I hope he comes here if we want him. But comparing him to Will rogers as a passer is absolutely ignorant

msstate7
01-13-2024, 05:12 PM
Yeah with vastly better talent at WR. Way less passes and every defense daring him to throw the football because you know? he cant. He is not a passer. And there is nothing wrong with that. I hope he comes here if we want him. But comparing him to Will rogers as a passer is absolutely ignorant

The comparison is as a qb. QBs in n today's game aren't just passers.

ETA... btw, this is fake news. Milroe isn't in the portal, and I think it's basically a zero chance he does. Milroe is a leader on that team, and him leaving would create an avalanche of transfers imo. No way he's encouraged to leave

parabrave
01-13-2024, 05:12 PM
And in memory to Nick

https://youtu.be/iz_rrT3lyE4

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 05:14 PM
Being at Bama has a lot of advantages. They have five star skill players all over the field. They have an o-line that is also loaded with 4-5 star guys and it seems like they are allowed to hold their blocks longer than normal sometimes.

Remember Alabama talent makes guys like John Parker Wilson, McElroy, and AJ McCarron look like future legit NFL starters too.

So the question then becomes how much is Milroe and how much is the talent around him? And what would Will potentially look like with those advantages? As accurate as Will was here there is no question in my mind that he would be even more accurate and look better with Alabama advantages built in compared to what he had at MSU.

I won't argue most of those points except I don't think Will will complete a higher percentage of passes than he did in '21, especially if he's having to pass downfield more. And in big, brutally hard hitting games, he for sure won't and won't win it with the long 50 yd throw or with his legs either.

Y'all acting like Will could be Jayden Daniels like. No way in hell that is so, but Milroe has a chance.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 05:15 PM
I cannot help you. Ive said it before, a few of our fans are absolutely batshit. You guys were the same ones wanting Damian Williams because Fitz was gay.

Hahaha!!! I remember that crap!!! Fans........

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 05:18 PM
And in memory to Nick

https://youtu.be/iz_rrT3lyE4

I was there. I called it. Told my wife "we need a pick six right here or this game might be over". Lol
We never celebrated a play so hard!!!!

Commercecomet24
01-13-2024, 05:20 PM

This is an accurate assessment.

ETA Milroe isn't leaving anyways so it really doesn't matter.

Churchill
01-13-2024, 05:21 PM
Has anyone even mentioned that Bama signed the No.1 high school QB in the country ? Julian Sayin.

MoreCowbell
01-13-2024, 05:34 PM
Milroe is not leaving, you got trolled

Turfdawg67
01-13-2024, 05:35 PM

Is this missing the sarcastrics?? Lolz

I'd rather someone attempt to throw to wide ass open receivers and/or haul ass instead of standing there like a statue or running backwards.

parabrave
01-13-2024, 05:36 PM
I was there. I called it. Told my wife "we need a pick six right here or this game might be over". Lol
We never celebrated a play so hard!!!!

I was standing at the very last seat against the SE corner row 40 and everybody knew that was a pick six as soon as it left his hand. I was surrounded by Bama fans and each one of them said hiring Saban was a mistake.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 05:38 PM
I was standing at the very last seat against the SE corner row 40 and everybody knew that was a pick six as soon as it left his hand. I was surrounded by Bama fans and each one of them said hiring Saban was a mistake.

Haha!!

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 05:41 PM
This is an accurate assessment.

ETA Milroe isn't leaving anyways so it really doesn't matter.

I would be surprised if he did. More than likely the QB development at Bama just got upgraded from what he had this past year. Just look at Penix's development.

Bucky acting like it's a foregone conclusion Will gonna start for Bama.

parabrave
01-13-2024, 05:41 PM
Haha!!

And that was the loudest Scott field has ever beem.

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 06:14 PM
The comparison is as a qb. QBs in n today's game aren't just passers.

ETA... btw, this is fake news. Milroe isn't in the portal, and I think it's basically a zero chance he does. Milroe is a leader on that team, and him leaving would create an avalanche of transfers imo. No way he's encouraged to leave

If you are asking me to compare them as runners I would say that is about as smart as comparing them as passers

coachnorm
01-13-2024, 07:10 PM
I would be surprised if Greg Byrne did not tell the candidate that exposing Will Rogers to Alabama is a no go. Alabama caliber players and recruits are smart enough to get an accurate profile on Rogers and would not respect anyone that exposes them to a lower tiered quarterback that can not throw, pass, or run. That loss of respect could cause an exodus of talent. Also getting a look at the Ole Miss choke that nearly cost us the Egg Bowl exposes more shade on Rogers also?

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 07:30 PM
And that was the loudest Scott field has ever beem.

That and the Jonathan Banks pick six of Tebow. Never heard the stadium louder than those two moments. I think the Johnson pick against Saban was the loudest though.

Homedawg
01-13-2024, 07:45 PM
I would be surprised if Greg Byrne did not tell the candidate that exposing Will Rogers to Alabama is a no go. Alabama caliber players and recruits are smart enough to get an accurate profile on Rogers and would not respect anyone that exposes them to a lower tiered quarterback that can not throw, pass, or run. That loss of respect could cause an exodus of talent. Also getting a look at the Ole Miss choke that nearly cost us the Egg Bowl exposes more shade on Rogers also?

Greg Byrne didn't tell any coach what to do or not do. No chance. And if he did, he shouldn't have a job.

parabrave
01-13-2024, 07:53 PM
That and the Jonathan Banks pick six of Tebow. Never heard the stadium louder than those two moments. I think the Johnson pick against Saban was the loudest though.

After the bama game dam near the entire crowd waited for the Bama busses to leave and we lined the streets ringing them off campus.

lastmajordog
01-13-2024, 10:21 PM

Nick?s last game in ox was a thing of beauty.....truly. Last game I attended there and if that is my last memory that will be just fine. Cold, lots of eye candy, and Fitz running wild........as good as it gets short of a Bama win.

Commercecomet24
01-13-2024, 10:43 PM
Nick?s last game in ox was a thing of beauty.....truly. Last game I attended there and if that is my last memory that will be just fine. Cold, lots of eye candy, and Fitz running wild........as good as it gets short of a Bama win.

Him and aeris shoved it that game!

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 10:45 PM

That was an outstanding performance!!

Todd4State
01-14-2024, 12:41 AM
I won't argue most of those points except I don't think Will will complete a higher percentage of passes than he did in '21, especially if he's having to pass downfield more. And in big, brutally hard hitting games, he for sure won't and won't win it with the long 50 yd throw or with his legs either.

Y'all acting like Will could be Jayden Daniels like. No way in hell that is so, but Milroe has a chance.

Will actually had a really good completion percentage on deep passes. It's not a coincidence his best year statistically came with Makai Polk on the team.

The issue that Will has is actually pulling the trigger to throw them. It seems like he overthink everything and can't pull the trigger. Having a better offensive line that is allowed to hold could buy him that time.

Don't think anyone here is going to compare him to Jayden Daniels.

dawgday166
01-14-2024, 01:03 AM
Will actually had a really good completion percentage on deep passes. It's not a coincidence his best year statistically came with Makai Polk on the team.

The issue that Will has is actually pulling the trigger to throw them. It seems like he overthink everything and can't pull the trigger. Having a better offensive line that is allowed to hold could buy him that time.

Don't think anyone here is going to compare him to Jayden Daniels.

That's what I'm talking about. He needs a lot of time, a clean pocket, and a wide open receiver. And Bama would give him those things in most games but when in a game that's a war like Michigan, he won't stand in the pocket and take the licks while still delivering a good ball IMO. And his escape ability isn't there. Too often it's like he has 2 left feet when he's under just moderate pressure. He better get a lot better in this regard to play at Bama.

We'll see what happens. I'm betting Bama doesn't offer him even if Grubb goes there. They may say "if you wanna come here, come on over" but they ain't gonna spend hardly anything in NIL on him.

lastmajordog
01-14-2024, 05:05 PM
del