PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Bowl just got easier for us

BulldogDX55
12-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Rice's OC just accepted the same position at Kansas

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kansas-hires-rice-39-john-221645276--ncaaf.html

BogeyGolfer
12-07-2013, 06:58 PM
I would like to play a quality opponent in the bowl game... We will beat The shit out of Rice.... I would rather play a GT or UNC type team. Who really around nation wants to watch us play Rice??

hailmari
12-07-2013, 06:59 PM
This is how I've felt the whole time. I want a matchup that will actually look intriguing and good on a tshirt.

BulldogDX55
12-07-2013, 07:00 PM
This is our third tiny fan base opponent in a row. I guess we just got spoiled with Michigan.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Who cares? We just need to play whomever and take care of business.

Mississippi played a terrible Pitt team in the Bourbon Bowl last year and got a bunch of momentum. Rice is no worse than Pitt.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Who cares? We just need to play whomever and take care of business.

Mississippi played a terrible Pitt team in the Bourbon Bowl last year and got a bunch of momentum. Rice is no worse than Pitt.

Yes, but Pitt sounds better than freaking Rice. Rice may be a better team than Rutgers, but I would rather play Rutgers.

I do agree with you that we just need to treat this month and this game as preparation for the 2014 season. I would love to see Mullen incorporate some of this AU offense the next few weeks.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Pitt, Rice, Rutgers...all the same to me

angusyoung
12-07-2013, 07:32 PM
6-6 and people are bitching about matchup. I swear some of you ****ers are complete morons.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Losing their OC may not be a big deal either- it's not like he is taking their plays with him and leaving them with nothing. But playcalling is a talent and an art- some guys are definitely better than others- hopefully it hurts them

Coach34
12-07-2013, 07:40 PM
6-6 and people are bitching about matchup. I swear some of you ****ers are complete morons.

There are always going to be people who bitch about something- hell, there will be some Auburn fans bitching tonight about them not passing enough during the game today.

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 07:42 PM

Amen.

Like I said below, if they want a better bowl match-up, they should advocate a manageable schedule. As it is, they got to see us play Oklahoma State during the regular season- and now they are going to have to watch us play Rice instead of Georgia Tech.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Rice will be the 5th 10 win team we have played this season- if LSU wins their bowl game- it will be 6

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Pitt, Rice, Rutgers...all the same to me

Exactly. And Rice has won 10 games this year.

The most important thing is that we are going to a bowl for the fourth year in a row- with a legit chance at going 3-1 in that time including two NYD bowls. That's going to help us to keep the momentum going into the recruiting season for this year and 2015.

preachermatt83
12-07-2013, 07:49 PM
I would like to play a quality opponent in the bowl game... We will beat The shit out of Rice.... I would rather play a GT or UNC type team. Who really around nation wants to watch us play Rice??

This is not a good matchup for us. If we win then great we are supposed to, but if we lose we look stupid... having said that I am just glad we are bowl eligible and really don't care who we play. Had much rather have played in compass against an AAC school but I am happy either way. At 6-6 though I don't see how in the world we could look down on anybody and just expect to "show up and win". Rice will give us their best shot.

AlSwearengen
12-07-2013, 07:51 PM

ahh, the faction of the MSU fan base that wants to be entertained, even if it means a loss and a losing season. I don't find a losing season very entertaining. ****.

BogeyGolfer
12-07-2013, 07:53 PM

I'm not bitching, dipshit. I just wish we were playing a quality opponent which will make for a more entertaining game. If this is too difficult for your dumbass to understand that's to 17ing bad.

angusyoung
12-07-2013, 07:55 PM
I'm not bitching, dipshit. I just wish we were playing a quality opponent which will make for a more entertaining game. If this is too difficult for your dumbass to understand that's to 17ing bad.

Too. Dumbass.

preachermatt83
12-07-2013, 07:55 PM

I'd rather be 7-6 than be entertained. As a matter of fact winning a bowl game will be pretty entertaining to me. lots more entertaining than losing one.

BogeyGolfer
12-07-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't think you want to go there with me, anusyoung. I know the proper use of adverbs. By the way, it should be too, dumbass. You need to use a comma instead of a period. Now, 17 off...See how that works?

hailmari
12-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Tough guy alert.

angusyoung
12-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't think you want to go there with me, anusyoung. I know the proper use of adverbs. By the way, it should be too, dumbass. You need to use a comma instead of a period. Now, 17 off...See how that works?

That's hilarious. You obviously are too stupid to catch what I was referring to.

DownwardDawg
12-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Amen.

Like I said below, if they want a better bowl match-up, they should advocate a manageable schedule. As it is, they got to see us play Oklahoma State during the regular season- and now they are going to have to watch us play Rice instead of Georgia Tech.

This all day long. This is another great benefit from the scheduling of Oklahoma State. Yay

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 09:44 PM
This is not a good matchup for us. If we win then great we are supposed to, but if we lose we look stupid... having said that I am just glad we are bowl eligible and really don't care who we play. Had much rather have played in compass against an AAC school but I am happy either way. At 6-6 though I don't see how in the world we could look down on anybody and just expect to "show up and win". Rice will give us their best shot.

Don't listen to the Ole Miss fans in your congregation Matt. Trust your faith and cast out the demons.

The match-up isn't the most important thing for us. The most important thing is that we are in the POSTSEASON again- for the fourth year in a row. And on top of that we have an opportunity to keep our momentum going. Recruits are going to watch the Liberty Bowl and see a stadium packed out with maroon and hopefully a win. We're going to make it rowdy and I expect Dan to take care of business as he almost always has against teams that we should beat.

Next year when we win 7-9 again and go to a bowl with an ACC or Big 10 tie in- then you can enjoy watching us play North Carolina, Michigan State- or whomever else you find to be a "good match-up".

I'm sure we will get Rice's best shot- but they're going to get our best shot with a healthy Dak and in front of a sea of maroon. Chris Jones is bigger than BOTH of their guards. And they're a one dimensional team for the most part.

Statecoachingblows**
We could be at home until next August. We don't get to pick our bowl or our opponent. Like it or not we have Rice ( that sounds awesome) Rice doesn't travel if I had to guess so this will be a sold out liberty bowl full of cowbells on national tv! 3 weeks ago I'm pretty sure most of us, myself included, didn't see ourselves bitching about our opponent in a bowl game. Most important thing in all this is that OM is limping into the offseason losing 2 straight and we have some momentum that should carry over into the offseason and next year. So for the next 3 weeks GO TO HELL RICE!

Coach34
We've played enough top teams- give me someone we should beat

Beating Rice's ass by 3 TD's would be really ****ing entertaining to me

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Tough guy alert.

He's right. We have the worst fanbase in america.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 09:52 PM

It does make you wonder. After playing arguably the toughest schedule in America this season, we have fans complaining that a 10 win team may not be a tough enough opponent for us in the bowl game.

It's kind of shocking

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 09:53 PM

what a horrible statement. totally disagree.

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 10:01 PM
It does make you wonder. After playing arguably the toughest schedule in America this season, we have fans complaining that a 10 win team may not be a tough enough opponent for us in the bowl game.

It's kind of shocking

Well, the Titans are down the road. Maybe we can get them to come over for a quarter or two to make everyone happy.

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 10:02 PM
what a horrible statement. totally disagree.

We certainly have our share of uneducated sports fans who are also gullible. It's a lethal combination that leads to things like Genespage.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Well, the Titans are down the road. Maybe we can get them to come over for a quarter or two to make everyone happy.

I'm reading this thread and I can't figure out what the hell ya'll are talking about. Is it that hard to understand why some people would rather play a better name like UNC or Rutgers as opposed to ****ing Rice?

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 10:06 PM
We certainly have our share of uneducated sports fans who are also gullible. It's a lethal combination that leads to things like Genespage.

Every fanbase has that. The world is full of people like that. For our size, no one in the country travels as well as we do. And we may have the fewest sidewalk fans in the conference.

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm reading this thread and I can't figure out what the hell ya'll are talking about. Is it that hard to understand why some people would rather play a better name like UNC or Rutgers as opposed to ****ing Rice?

Is it that hard to understand that we are barely bowl eligible, are being picked over an 8-4 team to the Liberty Bowl, and are bitching about the opponent?

By the way, Rice is a good freaking football team. Ten wins. Conference champions. They are a quality opponent.

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 10:17 PM

Given the current landscape of college football and the fact that our AD scheduled Oklahoma State in Houston early in the year- yes. Especially when those people want to see a "more interesting match-up" and yet- guess who has the most wins this season between Rice, North Carolina and Rutgers? If you said the carbohydrate- you are correct.

Plus- what's the difference between Rutgers and Rice? Both suck historically. If you are into an interesting match-up, logically you would think that those people would rather see the 10 win school as opposed to the 6 win team assuming they beat South Florida. Heck- Tulane had a better season than Rutgers this year.

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Every fanbase has that. The world is full of people like that. For our size, no one in the country travels as well as we do. And we may have the fewest sidewalk fans in the conference.

Loyalty is not in question.

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 10:22 PM
And let's also not forget that we played MAC Champion and 10 win Bowling Green at home, and 6-6 Troy, who I suspect will go to a bowl somewhere possibly. Even Alcorn won 9 games.