Msujd164
01-12-2024, 08:31 PM
That was a quick stop

Commercecomet24
01-12-2024, 08:32 PM
That didn't take long

msstate7
01-12-2024, 08:33 PM
Then the 7 figures reported here is wrong. No way he risks losing that... well, if he's sober, he wouldn't

Commercecomet24
01-12-2024, 08:34 PM
At least he got to the nc game for free!

RockyDog
Noodle for hire!!

Commercecomet24
Then the 7 figures reported here is wrong. No way he risks losing that... well, if he's sober, he wouldn't

Yeah i agree,I never thought the 7 figures was accurate.

CaptainObvious
01-12-2024, 08:39 PM
Memphis or Western Kentucky offering $50k?

Mjoelner34
01-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Yeah i agree,I never thought the 7 figures was accurate.

7 figures including two past the decimal point.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2024, 08:51 PM
Would have to do that to get to Bama

msstate7
01-12-2024, 08:54 PM

Man, I have a hard time seeing that. DeBour might get run out of town next year if he runs off milroe for will and it doesn't work out

Matt3467
01-12-2024, 08:54 PM

I appreciate Will for what he's done here at State but there's no way Will goes to Bama. Will wants to start and he won't start there.

msstate7
01-12-2024, 08:56 PM
Id be willing to bet that grubb gets the job and will stays at Washington

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2024, 08:56 PM
He is going where Grubb goes. But a few of our fans know better

Dawgface
01-12-2024, 09:01 PM
Id be willing to bet that grubb gets the job and will stays at Washington

You would think so. But maybe he is hedging his bets in case Grubb doesn't get it. Who knows....

662dawg
01-12-2024, 09:45 PM
He is going where Grubb goes. But a few of our fans know better

No chance in hell Will Rogers ever throws a pass for Alabama other than in garbage time or multiple injuries. If Deboar is ret*rded enough to send Milroe down the road & start Rogers, he may not last a whole year.

Jarius
01-12-2024, 09:49 PM
No chance in hell Will Rogers ever throws a pass for Alabama other than in garbage time or multiple injuries. If Deboar is ret*rded enough to send Milroe down the road & start Rogers, he may not last a whole year.

If Will Rogers starts at Alabama they will literally fire that coach before August. Alabama fans aren’t normal humans. They will revolt. They have had 15 years of pent up frustration from Saban telling them what to do. That group wants to get back to their natural state of
Self destruction and chaos.

dawgday166
01-12-2024, 10:54 PM
I'm just visualizing WR as Bama's QB against Michigan in the semis. I'm not sure I'm even seeing a TD for Bama if WR is the QB in that game.

And Penix didn't even get quite the same pressure and he was having a hard time finding his WRs in the little time he had. Michigan only had 1 sack but put a lot of pressure on him. If WR is playing for Washington in that game Michigan probably would've had 8 or 9 sacks.

But hey ... we'll see.

mo7888
01-12-2024, 11:02 PM
Rogers is transferring to Bama... so we'll see...

coachnorm
01-12-2024, 11:21 PM
Julian Sayin will make Rogers look like a rookie because Sayin just got out of high school and is mentally tougher and genetically superior also. I would bet that every quarterback in the Alabama room will have the same qualities as Sayin.

dawgday166
01-12-2024, 11:23 PM
I'm going to caveat my statement with this: There was a 4 game stretch that ended following the Auburn game in 2021, where I thought he was really, really good. But I hadn't seen that WR since then. And Bama QBs don't take sacks like Will has since that stretch. And an elite QB like Jayden Daniels, who obviously was the best QB this year, stay in the pocket and deliver strikes downfield while getting hammered with a brutal blow. Jayden was unbelievable at that IMO. He a tough dude.

Be interesting to see how it turns out.

ETA: And Penix made some throws in TX game that were really, really good. Some that were all arm while leaning backward or a little off-balance that were bullets, threaded the needle, and deadly accurate. Will can't make those throws.

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 01:42 AM
If Will goes to Bama he won't have to worry about getting sacked because their o-line is allowed to hold every play.

StarkVegasSteve
01-13-2024, 08:15 AM
If Will goes to Bama it will be to do what Minshew wanted to do before Leach offered him. Go be a backup and get an early start on his coaching career.

If he wants to play and Grubb does not stay at UW, then he will go to WKU.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 08:37 AM
If I were debour, I'd go get Kendal Briles as OC. The style he ran with Kj at ark would be deadly with milroe and bama's supporting cast

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 09:28 AM
Im impressed at some of yalls level to eat shit and go back for seconds

viverlibre
01-13-2024, 09:43 AM
If Will goes to Bama it will be to do what Minshew wanted to do before Leach offered him. Go be a backup and get an early start on his coaching career.

If he wants to play and Grubb does not stay at UW, then he will go to WKU.

That was to learn under Saban, coming from the DeBoar tree won't have the same meaning.

StarkVegasSteve
01-13-2024, 09:44 AM
That was to learn under Saban, coming from the DeBoar tree won't have the same meaning.

I think it will because he wants to be in that modified Air Raid and that is what DeBoer has ran his whole career so I think for what Will wants to do, that is a good starting point.

CaptainObvious
01-13-2024, 10:48 AM
Mississippi State was 20-17 under Mike Leach and QB Will Rogers. When you denigrate Will Rogers you do it to Leach as well. When I see some of your harsh rhetoric towards both, I am embarrassed by a small portion of our Fanbase.

Let Leach Rest In Peace and Let Will Be!

Neither represent Mississippi State anymore.

It is time to move on!

Coach34
01-13-2024, 10:52 AM
Will wouldn’t be in the Top 2 QB’s at Bama

Wish him well wherever he lands. Non P5 would be a smart move

662dawg
01-13-2024, 10:56 AM

Wtf are you talking about? He likely wouldn't have even started at Washington after he went through spring with them. It is what it is. Nobody's eat any crow, he never stepped foot on the field for Washington to prove anybody wrong.

662dawg
01-13-2024, 10:58 AM
Mississippi State was 20-17 under Mike Leach and QB Will Rogers. When you denigrate Will Rogers you do it to Leach as well. When I see some of your harsh rhetoric towards both, I am embarrassed by a small portion of our Fanbase.

Let Leach Rest In Peace and Let Will Be!

Neither represent Mississippi State anymore.

It is time to move on!

Bro Mike Leach is a genius for what he did as a coach with Will Rogers as his QB. It says more about how great Mike Leach was at coaching than anything.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 11:15 AM
If Will goes to Bama he won't have to worry about getting sacked because their o-line is allowed to hold every play.

Mostly true. However, Bama gave up 3.5/game this year. Worst in SEC.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 11:20 AM

So you really think he's gonna start for Bama?
Has he been "promised" the starting job there?
If so, he better play better than 2022 to remain the starter. Regardless of his "stats" that year, everything was a dump off and against the 4 top 11 Ds he faced, his "stats" were terrible.

If he plays like that 4 game stretch in 2021 then I might could see it.
It's easier to look like a great QB with a green practice jersey on.

Coach34
01-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Wtf are you talking about? He likely wouldn't have even started at Washington after he went through spring with them. .

He wouldnt have started at State either

Churchill
01-13-2024, 11:33 AM
Amen Amen Amen. Will Rogers is in the portal again. If he is that good he will be picked up by a good P5 team and will contribute significantly to their success this coming year.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 11:37 AM

And they gave up more sacks, with a dual threat QB than any team I watched. Hell, we sacked their QB 4 times in like the first half.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 12:10 PM
Mostly true. However, Bama gave up 3.5/game this year. Worst in SEC.

And that's with a nick fitz type of runner at qb

Cowbell
01-13-2024, 12:29 PM
He won't have to worry about getting sacked because you rarely get that done holding a clipboard

Cowbell
01-13-2024, 12:29 PM

Correct

Coach34
01-13-2024, 12:51 PM
Amen Amen Amen. Will Rogers is in the portal again. If he is that good he will be picked up by a good P5 team and will contribute significantly to their success this coming year.

And that's with a nick fitz type of runner at qb

Bama Center in the portal. He struggled this year. That priority one for Deboring- fix the OL

msstate7
01-13-2024, 01:08 PM
Bama Center in the portal. He struggled this year. That priority one for Deboring- fix the OL

I think he's gonna have his hands full trying to keep the talent level comparable bc you have to believe Bama was getting guys at below market value just to play for Saban. Playing for Saban got you to the nfl... they don't know this to be true with the new guy

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 01:27 PM
Wtf are you talking about? He likely wouldn't have even started at Washington after he went through spring with them. It is what it is. Nobody's eat any crow, he never stepped foot on the field for Washington to prove anybody wrong.

He proved yall wrong over and over and over.

Yet here we are. Take another bite

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 01:28 PM
We dont want him but Alabama and Washington do hahaha

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 01:29 PM
Will wouldn’t be in the Top 2 QB’s at Bama

Wish him well wherever he lands. Non P5 would be a smart move

Yeah not good enough for us. We would rather lose and let our 2 OL coaches run the show

msstate7
01-13-2024, 01:31 PM

Bama offered him?

MBDawg601
01-13-2024, 01:32 PM

I'm not sure that counts... it's the same coach at 2 different schools.

Regardless. I hope he goes to Bama. Would love to be on the opposite side of the spectrum with him in the game.

Edit: forgot we don't have Bama next year.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 01:34 PM

Regardless. I hope he goes to Bama. Would love to be on the opposite side of the spectrum with him in the game.

Good point. Saban wasn't after him that's for sure

msstate7
01-13-2024, 01:38 PM
If he runs off milroe for will, debour better win big - semi finals of playoffs. That would be as gutsy as move as I've saw in a while.

Milroe as a sophomore...
5th nationally in passer rating
13th in QBR

Will hasn't come anywhere close to this level.

If Milroe hits the market, we should break the bank to try and pull him

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 01:54 PM
Good point. Saban wasn't after him that's for sure

Doesn't necessarily mean anything much. Saban ain't the best QB evaluator out there.

If he runs off milroe for will, debour better win big - semi finals of playoffs. That would be as gutsy as move as I've saw in a while.

Milroe as a sophomore...
5th nationally in passer rating
13th in QBR

Will hasn't come anywhere close to this level.

If Milroe hits the market, we should break the bank to try and pull him

True dis. And while getting hammered and pressured a lot too. Will needs time to throw, and space to make good throws.

ETA: I think he'll possibly be a decent quality backup QB tho. And I can see where UDub would take a chance on him (minus the bogus huge $$ put out about his NIL). I can't imagine Bama spending hardly any NIL on him. Maybe $200 or $300k at most.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 01:56 PM
Doesn't necessarily mean anything much. Saban ain't the best QB evaluator out there.

True dis. And while getting hammered and pressured a lot too. Will needs time to throw, and space to make good throws.

And if those WRs like Milroe, they may bolt too

RocketDawg
01-13-2024, 02:35 PM
Did Will get a degree from State?

trob115
01-13-2024, 02:39 PM
I think the whole Rogers thing is fascinating.

I appreciate will for what he did for us. That being said, he's not some uber talented football player. He definitely has his limitations. If you stick him behind an excellent line, with superstars all over the field, he will be able to beat most teams. I think he could be successful at Bama this year if that's where he ends up.

If DeBoer is dumb enough to run off Millroe, I sure hope we get him. He would be fantastic in this offense.

MoreCowbell
01-13-2024, 03:39 PM
Delete

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 04:28 PM

Edit: forgot we don't have Bama next year.

The point is, the QB experts here said he was a D2 or WKU QB. All while winning and breaking records for their own school.

If only he wouldve handed it off more maybe he would be more liked. We have a long storied tradition of record breaking passers anyway

662dawg
01-13-2024, 05:31 PM

He definitely wouldn't have started over Shapen. And I'm not sure he would have even been the 2nd team QB by mid season. He left because he knew Lebby was going to upgrade.

662dawg
01-13-2024, 05:37 PM
He proved yall wrong over and over and over.

Yet here we are. Take another bite

Who has he proven wrong? He was literally one of the worst QB's in the SEC this year. FWIW, I took up for him in 2022, but I had no idea how much Leach was masking his weaknesses(which is almost everything)...

Washington fans would have run him off the field by the 3rd or 4th game after having Penix the past couple years if he had started for them. I doubt he would have even won the job at Washington in the spring to be honest.

Turfdawg67
01-13-2024, 05:45 PM
Lol... ole Bucky. I hope Will makes a USFL/XFL roster so he'll still have something to defend.

I hope we get weekly updates and "all time rankings" too.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 05:49 PM
Who has he proven wrong? He was literally one of the worst QB's in the SEC this year. FWIW, I took up for him in 2022, but I had no idea how much Leach was masking his weaknesses(which is almost everything)...

Washington fans would have run him off the field by the 3rd or 4th game after having Penix the past couple years if he had started for them. I doubt he would have even won the job at Washington in the spring to be honest.

Actually he proved me wrong in '21. I bragged about Will after the AU comeback and thought he might become the best QB in the SEC. Then ... something changed, not sure what. Now ... if he plays like that again, maybe he could be a Tua. But right now I don't see him beating out Milroe. If so, we'll see how he does. Maybe he'll prove me wrong twice haha. I know this much ... Will REALLY hates to get hit. Milroe is like Daniels ... he tough.

CaptainObvious
01-13-2024, 05:57 PM
Actually he proved me wrong in '21. I bragged about Will after the AU comeback and thought he might become the best QB in the SEC. Then ... something changed, not sure what. Now ... if he plays like that again, maybe he could be a Tua. But right now I don't see him beating out Milroe. If so, we'll see how he does. Maybe he'll prove me wrong twice haha. I know this much ... Will REALLY hates to get hit. Milroe is like Daniels ... he tough.

I love how Will represent State with class and dedication. I think you answered your own question about what happened after Auburn with your next to last line.

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 06:00 PM
Again take another bite of the shit sandwich. Go enjoy it at WKU. He has proven you all wrong over and over. Blaming him for 2023 is like blaming the janitor on the titanic

BuckyIsAB****
01-13-2024, 06:01 PM
One of the best OCs in the country and a HC with a record of 104-12 want him but you guys dont. I can live with that

Commercecomet24
01-13-2024, 06:06 PM
I guess the "how good is Will Rogers" argument will be put to bed this fall. We'll all see if he can make it big away from a CML offense.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 06:08 PM
I guess the "how good is Will Rogers" argument will be put to bed this fall. We'll all see if he can make it big away from a CML offense.

This is true.

Turfdawg67
01-13-2024, 06:14 PM
And 90%+ of us hope he kills it!

msstate7
01-13-2024, 06:15 PM

Not if he's at bama... I don't pull for other sec players

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 06:16 PM
One of the best OCs in the country and a HC with a record of 104-12 want him but you guys dont. I can live with that

If he'd survey more than one half of the field before dumping it off and not fold up like an accordion every time a Dlineman or LB gets within a yard of him then ... yea I'd take him.

And I've never said the only place he could play is the WKU level. I stayed out of those conversations. But you acting like he gonna saunter in and take the job from Milroe at Bama without changing some of the negative traits I just mentioned is beyond ludicrous. And I've rewound the DVR a lot studying on it when it happened too. A quick glance to one side of the field and then dump it off. And he also better get his very precise accuracy back too, regardless of his completion percentage. In 2022 he spun backs around several times on the dump off and the shorter slants and meshes weren't in stride like they should've been quite often either. Being very precise in accuracy is what made him so good in '21.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 06:18 PM

Agree. If he plays like '21 I could see him being similar to Tua maybe. The question is ... does that beat out Milroe.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 06:19 PM

Agree. If he plays like '21 I could see him being similar to Tua maybe. The question is ... does that beat out Milroe.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 06:23 PM
I'm having a hard time seeing bama take will. Why in the world would you give Milroe a reason to want to leave? Also sayin (#1 HS qb) wasn't recruited by this staff; they should be selling him on if milroe can't pick this offense up, he will get a shot. Taking will seems like a good way to lose one of Milroe and sayin

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 06:27 PM
I was just thinking is Will to Bama is a done deal yet. It ain't on 247 yet if it is.

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 06:30 PM

Agree. I hope he does well, regardless of where he's at.....unless it's ole miss. Then I'd hate him. Lol

DownwardDawg
01-13-2024, 06:31 PM
I'm having a hard time seeing bama take will. Why in the world would you give Milroe a reason to want to leave? Also sayin (#1 HS qb) wasn't recruited by this staff; they should be selling him on if milroe can't pick this offense up, he will get a shot. Taking will seems like a good way to lose one of Milroe and sayin

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if Bama takes Will.

coachnorm
01-13-2024, 06:33 PM
Playing Will Rogers at Alabama equals the coach signing his death warrant? If any receiver stays at Alabama with WR, that receiver has killed any hope to play in the NFL. That receiver has signed his death warrant also for not getting out also?

662dawg
01-13-2024, 07:42 PM

Bro I don't see Bama taking Rogers having any effect whatsoever on Milroe. It would be like us bringing in Chance Lovertich, who never had a chance to start here. He wouldn't be 3rd string by mid season at Bama.

msstate7
01-14-2024, 12:04 PM
https://collegesportswire.usatoday.com/lists/college-football-transfer-portal-quarterback-will-rogers-auburn-usc-alabama/

Says auburn, Bama, wku, usc, Houston, and Washington as possible spots. He sees Bama like me as a long shot

DownwardDawg
01-14-2024, 12:08 PM
https://collegesportswire.usatoday.com/lists/college-football-transfer-portal-quarterback-will-rogers-auburn-usc-alabama/

Says auburn, Bama, wku, usc, Houston, and Washington as possible spots. He sees Bama like me as a long shot

If I were him it would be WKU. He would kill it there. There's no shame at all in playing at a place like that and putting up big numbers.

dawgday166
01-14-2024, 03:21 PM
Maybe he just needs to skip his eligibility and enter the draft. Just get drafted and it's only a short time later he's setting NFL records.

CaptainObvious
01-14-2024, 03:23 PM
If I were him it would be WKU. He would kill it there. There's no shame at all in playing at a place like that and putting up big numbers.

Makes sense. He might even get a backup job in the NFL or CFL from WKU.

Todd4State
01-14-2024, 03:40 PM
If he'd survey more than one half of the field before dumping it off and not fold up like an accordion every time a Dlineman or LB gets within a yard of him then ... yea I'd take him.

And I've never said the only place he could play is the WKU level. I stayed out of those conversations. But you acting like he gonna saunter in and take the job from Milroe at Bama without changing some of the negative traits I just mentioned is beyond ludicrous. And I've rewound the DVR a lot studying on it when it happened too. A quick glance to one side of the field and then dump it off. And he also better get his very precise accuracy back too, regardless of his completion percentage. In 2022 he spun backs around several times on the dump off and the shorter slants and meshes weren't in stride like they should've been quite often either. Being very precise in accuracy is what made him so good in '21.

Our offense was a mess last year and it wasn't only because of Will. There were tons of miscommunication at all levels of the offense. That's on Barbay.

Todd4State
01-14-2024, 03:41 PM

I can tell them one thing right now- he won't be going back to Houston.

Todd4State
01-14-2024, 03:44 PM

QB's and head coaches and OC's are all tied at the hip now.

If Leach were still alive Will would still be at MSU for example. If Kiffin left for somewhere he would probably take Dart with him.

I don't know if DeBoar wants Will over Milroe but if he does it will be because Will is their guy.

Todd4State
01-14-2024, 03:45 PM

WKU returns their QB who led their massive come from behind win over Old Dominion. I suspect that's who they will go with. Will is going to have P5 options.

dawgday166
01-14-2024, 03:48 PM
Our offense was a mess last year and it wasn't only because of Will. There were tons of miscommunication at all levels of the offense. That's on Barbay.

I was talking about '22 in my post, not last year.

DownwardDawg
01-14-2024, 04:10 PM
WKU returns their QB who led their massive come from behind win over Old Dominion. I suspect that's who they will go with. Will is going to have P5 options.

I gotcha. I just thought it would be a good fit. I look forward to watching him play wherever he ends up.

msstate7
01-18-2024, 08:45 PM
Bama take 4-star transfer, freshman qb from Washington, Mack.

I don't see Bama taking will. Wonder where he ends up

Coach34
01-18-2024, 09:09 PM

was there seriously someone that thought Bama would take Rogers? Wow

msstate7
01-18-2024, 09:14 PM
was there seriously someone that thought Bama would take Rogers? Wow

I'm guessing will did. Pulling his name out at Washington seems like it may be a big mistake

Coach34
01-18-2024, 09:23 PM
I'm guessing will did. Pulling his name out at Washington seems like it may be a big mistake

No it wasnt. The HC and OC were leaving so it was what he had to do. He just needs to find a solid landing spot. Find a good G5 with solid WR's

msstate7
01-18-2024, 09:32 PM
No it wasnt. The HC and OC were leaving so it was what he had to do. He just needs to find a solid landing spot. Find a good G5 with solid WR's

Some here said he got a nice bag to go to Washington. You really think a G5 school is gonna pay him well?

viverlibre
01-18-2024, 09:36 PM
Some here said he got a nice bag to go to Washington. You really think a G5 school is gonna pay him well?

I know nothing about USM, but to they have a decent QB? Do they run an offense Will will thrive in?

Coach34
01-18-2024, 09:58 PM

He was promised solid money at Washington- but that was dead when the coaching staff left. I dont think he will get a nice bag anywhere. He needs to go where he can get a check and enjoy playing ball. Get ready for coaching and the Spring football league

KOdawg1
01-18-2024, 10:26 PM
Will needs to go to USM, put up decent stats, and end his career on a high note

Commercecomet24
01-18-2024, 11:25 PM

Bama qb room is full now. Be interesting to see where he winds up.

The Federalist Engineer
01-18-2024, 11:44 PM
USC, not the shitty version, the awesome USC

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/caleb-williams-usc-replacements-5-transfer-portal-qbs-trojans-consider-ft-jayden-maiava-will-rogers

Should stay in Washington, Jedd Fisch is notable QB coach, he needs to stick. They are not going to hire Barbay as OC in Washington.

msstate7
01-19-2024, 09:49 AM
Sayin (#1 HS qb) is in portal from Bama. Perhaps the door for will isn't closed yet.

Saltydog
01-19-2024, 10:00 AM
Southern doesn't need him and he doesn't fit their scheme. They picked up FSU's backup to Jordan Travis, Tate Rodemaker...........