PDA

View Full Version : DeBoar it is

Bothrops
01-12-2024, 03:39 PM
A bit risky but they didn't have time to mess around.

MBDawg601
01-12-2024, 04:45 PM
Bama and A&M hires are pretty boring...

viverlibre
01-12-2024, 05:46 PM
He is known as a very good X's and O's coach. The knock against him is he hasn't coached in the south and not know as a great recruiter. If he can figure out the recruiting, portal and NIL, it's going to be bad for the rest of the SEC. Mullen couldn't figure that out though.

Matt3467
01-12-2024, 05:49 PM
Wonder how Will Rogers feels right now. Maybe wishes he went somewhere else?

RocketDawg
01-12-2024, 05:56 PM
Going to be a big culture shock going from Seattle to Tuscaloosa, but money talks.

RockyDog
01-12-2024, 05:57 PM
Will Rodgers and Dylan Jonson to Alabama!!

MSUdawg67
01-12-2024, 06:39 PM
DJ has declared for the NFL draft.

RocketDawg
01-12-2024, 07:05 PM
Will Rodgers and Dylan Jonson to Alabama!!

I think Dylan Johnson declared for the NFL draft.

Will kinda got scrod - collateral damage - he'd never play at Alabama even if he came, and the new Washington coach might not let him play there either. Now he's 2500 miles across the country, and going to a school he probably cares nothing about.

Offshore Dawg
01-12-2024, 07:11 PM
people have to live with their life choices.

CaptainObvious
01-12-2024, 07:22 PM
people have to live with their life choices.

Not in today's sports environment.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2024, 07:33 PM
He will either be the starter at UW if they give the job to Grubbs. If Grubbs goes to Bama he will be the QB for alabama.

Long way from western Kentucky.

RockyDog
01-12-2024, 08:07 PM
He will either be the starter at UW if they give the job to Grubbs. If Grubbs goes to Bama he will be the QB for alabama.

Please let that happen. Bama fans would tear him apart. Then you and Wyatt would have to take on Tide nation

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2024, 08:13 PM
Please let that happen. Bama fans would tear him apart. Then you and Wyatt would have to take on Tide nation

Either way, it?s better than what you said.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2024, 08:14 PM
Bama fans arent any worse than than some of ours because you know we have a long storied tradition of record setting Qbs

Activated Alpha
01-12-2024, 09:50 PM
There's no way in hell WR starts for Alabama

bulldawg28
01-12-2024, 09:59 PM

He would potentially be a Qb IN Alabama he definitely would not be their starter.

dawgday166
01-12-2024, 10:53 PM
Nm

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 01:44 AM
Typical Greg Byrne hire. I bet this has been in the pipe for a few weeks now.

I think he is successful but not successful enough for Bama.

The Federalist Engineer
01-13-2024, 11:05 AM
Wonder how Will Rogers feels right now. Maybe wishes he went somewhere else?

UW is a very good college. I would just stick. But I am academics focused. Total-Dork.

I would bee-line my WR talents to Stanford in a NY minute. Laugh my ass off at my Buona Fortuna.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 12:26 PM
Typical Greg Byrne hire. I bet this has been in the pipe for a few weeks now.

I think he is successful but not successful enough for Bama.

I think initially he'll be very successful. Way more than I want Bama to be. Looking at his track record, seems apparent to me DeBoer is a "much more with less coach", and may be a better overall coach than Saban. Saban has to have the talent.

Give DeBoer Bama talent ... that ain't gonna be good for the rest of the SEC IMO, excepting Kirby.
The question to me is, can he sustain it under the intense scrutiny and pressure for many years.

MBDawg601
01-13-2024, 01:45 PM
I think initially he'll be very successful. Way more than I want Bama to be. Looking at his track record, seems apparent to me DeBoer is a "much more with less coach", and may be a better overall coach than Saban. Saban has to have the talent.

Give DeBoer Bama talent ... that ain't gonna be good for the rest of the SEC IMO, excepting Kirby.
The question to me is, can he sustain it under the intense scrutiny and pressure for many years.

Thinking anyone but Saban is going to get Saban talent is a far fetch. Bama didnt land the talent. Saban did. Deboer is going to have to prove himself. Sure, he will get some talent, but I don't expect it to be top 10 class his first year.

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 02:00 PM
Thinking anyone but Saban is going to get Saban talent is a far fetch. Bama didnt land the talent. Saban did. Deboer is going to have to prove himself. Sure, he will get some talent, but I don't expect it to be top 10 class his first year.

I don't expect them to drop out of top 10 by a long shot. May drop down to 5th or 6th.

Per recruiting rankings, Harbaugh only had 1 top 10 class with MI team this year. But ... they were very experienced with GRs and Srs.

ETA: I do agree on the Saban factor somewhat tho. But it's also easier to recruit to Bama than anywhere else, at least pre-NIL it was. We'll see how it turns out with DeBoer.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 02:04 PM
I don't expect them to drop out of top 10 by a long shot. May drop down to 5th or 6th.

Per recruiting rankings, Harbaugh only had 1 top 10 class with MI team this year. But ... they were very experienced with GRs and Srs.

Michigan only has to deal with one other elite recruiting program in the big 10. Debour will contend with elite recruiting teams to get a playoff spot; there are 5 other sec teams in the top 10 in recruiting right now

dawgday166
01-13-2024, 02:09 PM
Michigan only has to deal with one other elite recruiting program in the big 10. Debour will contend with elite recruiting teams to get a playoff spot; there are 5 other sec teams in the top 10 in recruiting right now

My point was that DeBoar may not need #1 talent every year. But I do believe Bama for sure will still be in Top 10 and probably no lower than 6 or so in recruiting under DeBoar.

msstate7
01-13-2024, 02:11 PM
Bama schedule 2024...
WKU
USF
At Wisconsin
Geogia
At vandy
South Carolina
At Tenn
Mizzou
At lsu
Mercer
At Oklahoma
Auburn

Calling it now - Bama misses playoffs

MBDawg601
01-13-2024, 02:32 PM
Bama schedule 2024...
WKU
USF
At Wisconsin
Geogia
At vandy
South Carolina
At Tenn
Mizzou
At lsu
Mercer
At Oklahoma
Auburn

8-4.

I see 6 games they could easily lose. Not going to be easy for them by any means.

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 03:36 PM

I think he will be successful because he is a good coach but I don't think they will be successful enough for Alabama fans.

I think Alabama will go back to being Alabama post Bear and pre Saban.

FoggyBottom
01-14-2024, 01:59 PM
We can only hope . . . .

DownwardDawg
01-14-2024, 04:18 PM
Bama schedule 2024...
WKU
USF
At Wisconsin
Geogia
At vandy
South Carolina
At Tenn
Mizzou
At lsu
Mercer
At Oklahoma
Auburn

10-2. Playoff team

dawgday166
01-14-2024, 04:28 PM
10-2. Playoff team

I'm guessing this too. Losses to GA and Mizzou.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2024, 06:42 PM
If Missouri beats Alabama you can go ahead and send Deboer back to Sioux Falls

dawgday166
01-14-2024, 06:45 PM

Them Bammers will be up in arms LOL. Even if Mizzou was the 3rd best team in SEC this year. I kinda expect them to be in top 4 next year too.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2024, 06:49 PM
Them Bammers will be up in arms LOL. Even if Mizzou was the 3rd best team in SEC this year. I kinda expect them to be in top 4 next year too.

I would be shocked

dawgday166
01-14-2024, 07:02 PM
I would be shocked

I'll back away from that statement a little bit since after looking at it, they're losing some key cogs including the QB. We'll see how they replace those. I'm also a little concerned at the loss of the DC to LSU. I still kinda anticipate them being in top 6 tho. I think Drink is a real good coach and has built a good culture.

BuckyIsAB****
01-14-2024, 07:38 PM
I'll back away from that statement a little bit since after looking at it, they're losing some key cogs including the QB. We'll see how they replace those. I'm also a little concerned at the loss of the DC to LSU. I still kinda anticipate them being in top 6 tho. I think Drink is a real good coach and has built a good culture.

He was about to get fired before this year. He is ok. Everyone wins at app st

dawgday166
01-14-2024, 07:42 PM
He was about to get fired before this year. He is ok. Everyone wins at app st

Yea ... everyone thinks they're Bama or UGA these days and should win immediately. I agree on App St but was very impressed with Mizzou this year.

RocketDawg
01-14-2024, 07:45 PM

Never know, but in Saban's first year he lost to South Louisiana (or some such name) and State, and didn't get fired. Bama fans are totally entitled now however.