PDA

View Full Version : AU and Mizzou are 2 quality football teams, but...

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 06:41 PM
the only team in this conference and in the country that can beat FSU is Bama. Shame we want get to see that game. I kind of hope Ohio State wins tonight to spare the SEC from getting blown out.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 06:42 PM
the only team in this conference and in the country that can beat FSU is Bama. Shame we want get to see that game. I kind of hope Ohio State wins tonight to spare the SEC from getting blown out.

I agree

CadaverDawg
12-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I disagree. Everyone bashes Ohio State about their schedule, but FSU's hasn't been much tougher. Granted, they beat the shit out of everyone, but I think people are giving them a little too much benefit of the doubt. Auburn can run the ball on anyone. I agree that Bama would have a better chance of beating them...but I think Auburn would have a good chance too.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 06:54 PM
I disagree. Everyone bashes Ohio State about their schedule, but FSU's hasn't been much tougher. Granted, they beat the shit out of everyone, but I think people are giving them a little too much benefit of the doubt. Auburn can run the ball on anyone. I agree that Bama would have a better chance of beating them...but I think Auburn would have a good chance too.

I don't disagree with your schedule argument, but Florida State's talent level is only matched by Bama IMO. The eye test tells me that Florida State and Bama are by far the two most complete football teams in the country

Statecoachingblows**
12-07-2013, 06:55 PM
What happens if Auburn loses and OSU were to go down? That puts bama right back in it doesn't it? Or does Mizzou jump them?

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 07:01 PM

They went into Clemson and just housed them. They beat UF by 30. Also, the eye test or as I like to call it, the common sense test. Winston, according to McShay, would be the no. 1 pick by a mile if he was draft eligible. Have you seen that Benjamin kid at WR? He may be as good as Mike Evans. AU doesn't have the D to ever get a stop. And you can't be one dimensional on offense against all those 5 star defensive players that FSU trots out there.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 07:02 PM
What happens if Auburn loses and OSU were to go down? That puts bama right back in it doesn't it? Or does Mizzou jump them?

Mizzou.

MarketingBully01
12-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't run at all. I would just keep exploiting the advantage of those Missiouri receivers over Auburn's weak secondary. This might come down to who has the ball last.

Harrydawg
12-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Looks like the two worst defenses in the SEC playing in this game

Statecoachingblows**
12-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Looks like the two worst defenses in the SEC playing in this game

Looks like the old big12 kind of disheartening

Statecoachingblows**
12-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Ref just made the best tackle of the game

bluelightstar
12-07-2013, 07:15 PM
These are not "quality" teams. Mizzou benefited from an injured and shitty East, while Auburn's defense couldn't stop an infant.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 07:22 PM
These are not "quality" teams. Mizzou benefited from an injured and shitty East, while Auburn's defense couldn't stop an infant.

They are 22 and 2 combined. They are playing for the SEC title. I think that's qualifies as quality. Sheesh.

bluelightstar
12-07-2013, 07:24 PM
They are 22 and 2 combined. They are playing for the SEC title. I think that's qualifies as quality. Sheesh.

Neither of these teams is the best in the SEC, at all.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Neither of these teams is the best in the SEC, at all.

No shit. I said that in my original post.

bluelightstar
12-07-2013, 07:30 PM
No shit. I said that in my original post.

I'm sorry, I just find a complete inability to play defense to mean that you aren't really that "quality" a team.