PDA

View Full Version : So NCAA slaps FSU on the hand for using NIL as inducements.

CaptainObvious
01-11-2024, 10:55 PM
Will they put any teeth into it?

Bdawg
01-11-2024, 11:45 PM
Who the hell isnt doing this??? Why they picking on FSU? NCAA is just worthless. All they do is fumble the ball.

parabrave
01-12-2024, 12:57 AM
Isnt that what the NIL is for?

Maroonthirteen
01-12-2024, 08:32 AM
Who the hell isnt doing this??? Why they picking on FSU? NCAA is just worthless. All they do is fumble the ball.

I agree. Unless the ncaa leaves there and drives to north Mississippi and then the next one and next one.... then why would they single out FSU?

My guess, someone is talking and made an easy case for the ncaa. Once they're done in Tallahassee, they will go back to Indy and play solitaire on the desktop.

Pancho
01-12-2024, 10:20 AM
I'll admit I know very little about how an NIL deal is proposed and or negotiated with a recruit and his family so what did FSU specifically do that other schools/boosters etc are not already doing at other places. I know a guy personally(big booster at another school) and he picked up a player and the mom at the airport and drove them to campus and then was allowed to sit in on an NIL conversation/offer with the recruit and the mom. The AD was present along with 2 assistant coaches. Btw, this was a basketball recruit visiting an SEC school.

BrunswickDawg
01-12-2024, 10:34 AM
I agree. Unless the ncaa leaves there and drives to north Mississippi and then the next one and next one.... then why would they single out FSU?

My guess, someone is talking and made an easy case for the ncaa. Once they're done in Tallahassee, they will go back to Indy and play solitaire on the desktop.

FSU was tampering (not a shock). I give you three clues as to who made the case: 1) Red; 2) Black; 3) Like to bark

parabrave
01-12-2024, 10:45 AM
FSU was tampering (not a shock). I give you three clues as to who made the case: 1) Red; 2) Black; 3) Like to bark

Naw you mean the Michael Stipes weirdos are behind this.

CaptainObvious
01-12-2024, 10:50 AM
The UGA Olineman thst was in the portal, but he withdrew from the portal and apparently went and told Diddy Coach about the incident who then reported it and the NCAA moved faster than a speeding bullet, something it has never done in its existence.

MabenMaroon
01-12-2024, 10:52 AM
Naw you mean the Michael Stipes weirdos are behind this.

^^^^ I would give rep on this but it says I have to spread it around ....

parabrave
01-12-2024, 11:10 AM
^^^^ I would give rep on this but it says I have to spread it around ....

Thanks and I liked the Early REM.

Coursesuper
01-12-2024, 11:21 AM
This is as stupid as stupid as handing out speeding tickets at a NASCAR race. The NCAA is an empty shell.

Coach34
01-12-2024, 11:23 AM
This is as stupid as stupid as handing out speeding tickets at a NASCAR race. The NCAA is an empty shell.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Coursesuper again.

R2Dawg
01-12-2024, 01:17 PM

Ha, Ha so true. It is such an insult to anyone with a brain. File every team out there that gets a transfer then. Good grief. Stuff like this is what makes me want to turn it off. Oh I'll still watch my Dawgs but I'm bout done with everyone else.

Political Hack
01-12-2024, 01:19 PM

I was going to comment on how stupid this is, but Coursesuper summed it up pretty well.

Commercecomet24
01-12-2024, 01:53 PM

Have some rep!

Commercecomet24
01-12-2024, 01:53 PM
I was going to comment on how stupid this is, but Coursesuper summed it up pretty well.

Hey Hack, hope you're doing well! Good to see you post again!

Coursesuper
01-12-2024, 02:39 PM
Have some rep!

Gracias Amigo.