PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin to Bama. Ha, Ha, Ha

R2Dawg
01-10-2024, 08:25 PM
A late transfer in the portal from OM to Bama. Meltdown coming. Enjoy.

Dawgology
01-10-2024, 08:50 PM
Would be hilarious but he would be their 4th or 5th choice at best. And they will get their 1st choice

Bdawg
01-10-2024, 09:19 PM
Man, following Saban is still going to be brutal.

BeardoMSU
01-10-2024, 09:25 PM
I can definitely see Lane to Bama....but it will be in 2 years after they fire their next hire.

Hopefully Lane takes the LSU job when Kelly goes to Michigan.

StarkVegasSteve
01-10-2024, 09:38 PM
Another lense to look at this through. Lanning takes the Bama job and Kiffin goes to Oregon.

SailingDawg
01-10-2024, 09:41 PM
Will he bring his girlfriend through the portal or recruit another one off the UA campus?

Bothrops
01-10-2024, 09:43 PM
Would be hilarious but he would be their 4th or 5th choice at best. And they will get their 1st choice

Nah he's top two.

HoopsDawg
01-10-2024, 09:44 PM

Kiffin would be my top choice if I was Bama. His resume is more extensive than Lanning's.

viverlibre
01-10-2024, 09:53 PM
Based on the Birmingham Sports Talk Shows:

In order

Lanning (the knock is his lack of HC experience and some questionable in game decisions)
Mike Norvell (carried on the whining over not making the CFB playoff a little too long)
Kalen DeBoer (no experience in the Conference)
Democo Ryans (he wouldn't come)
Sark (wouldn't leave Texas)

Lane Kiffen (too immature, wants to be bigger than the program)
Dabo (lost his fastball and slow to adapt to portal/NIL)

DownwardDawg
01-10-2024, 10:22 PM
I can definitely see Lane to Bama....but it will be in 2 years after they fire their next hire.

Hopefully Lane takes the LSU job when Kelly goes to Michigan.

Funny, I can't see Kiffin at Bama at all. Terrible fit.

DownwardDawg
01-10-2024, 10:24 PM

In order

Lanning (the knock is his lack of HC experience and some questionable in game decisions)
Mike Norvell (carried on the whining over not making the CFB playoff a little too long)

This is more like it. Kiffin way down that list unfortunately.

viverlibre
01-10-2024, 10:25 PM

They would have missed on at least 4 before it got to Kiffen. Norvel or Lanning.

Todd4State
01-10-2024, 10:27 PM
Another lense to look at this through. Lanning takes the Bama job and Kiffin goes to Oregon.

Yep. Ole Miss may not have to worry about Bama. But they may have to worry about the fallout.

And if Harbaugh and Kirby go to the NFL it's going to get crazy.

Todd4State
01-10-2024, 10:29 PM
They would have missed on at least 4 before it got to Kiffen. Norvel or Lanning.

Well that's the other side of the coin. It's going to be hard to find someone that wants to be the guy after the guy.

Dawgology
01-10-2024, 11:53 PM
Yep. Ole Miss may not have to worry about Bama. But they may have to worry about the fallout.

That’s what I’ve been saying. It won’t be Bama but the snowball effect will have some other programs giving him a call

BeardoMSU
01-10-2024, 11:57 PM

Yep

Cowbell
01-11-2024, 12:10 AM

In order

Call me crazy - but I take Lane over every one of those guys.

DownwardDawg
01-11-2024, 12:20 AM
Call me crazy - but I take Lane over every one of those guys.

Crazy

CaptainObvious
01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
Y'all are missing something. Who is among the Top 3 most arrogant Head Football Coaches in The P5?

THAT is the guy that has no problem following The Legend!

DownwardDawg
01-11-2024, 01:06 AM
Y'all are missing something. Who is among the Top 3 most arrogant Head Football Coaches in The P5?

THAT is the guy that has no problem following The Legend!

They've missed on several options if Kiffin gets the job. He would certainly jump on it, but so will others. Coaches aren't scared like posters seem to think they are.

Leeshouldveflanked
01-11-2024, 06:16 AM
Lane isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Offshore Dawg
01-11-2024, 07:54 AM
Whoever Bama hires will make bank before he coaches his first game.

Mjoelner34
01-11-2024, 08:35 AM
Kiffin will be much higher up on the list of whoever Bama poaches from than he is on Bama's list. I'm guessing he is no higher than 5th there.

TrapGame
01-11-2024, 09:30 AM
I'm telling y'all Kiffin wants a Florida gig. I'm about 90% certain he was Miami's #2 guy while they negotiated with Crystabol. If Crystabol had stayed in Oregon it would have been Kiffin.

viverlibre
01-11-2024, 09:31 AM
Kiffin will be much higher up on the list of whoever Bama poaches from than he is on Bama's list. I'm guessing he is no higher than 5th there.

He would fit in well at FSU, but them not being in one of the Big 2, makes their future cloudy. They'll eventually make it to SEC/BIG10, but it may be several more years.

Bubb Rubb
01-11-2024, 09:39 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have a better shot at that job than Kiffin does. He doesn't have many friends in administration over there.

DEDawg
01-11-2024, 09:58 AM
Kiffin should be their 1 by a mile. Won 11 games in the exact same division this year with 75% of the talent he would have at Bama. Embraces and excels at the transfer portal. Exciting offense. Almost makes too much sense

CaptainObvious
01-11-2024, 11:54 AM
I'm telling y'all Kiffin wants a Florida gig. I'm about 90% certain he was Miami's #2 guy while they negotiated with Crystabol. If Crystabol had stayed in Oregon it would have been Kiffin.

You may be on to something here.

Cristobal to Bama.
Kiffin to South Beach!

Mjoelner34
01-11-2024, 12:06 PM
You may be on to something here.

Cristobal to Bama.
Kiffin to South Beach!

Now that makes sense.

Westdawg
01-11-2024, 12:43 PM
I think Bama admin wants to kick the tires on a lot of ppl before they get to Kiffin, but honestly, he?s probably the best coach out there right now not named Saban, Smart, and Harbaugh. If he goes there, he?ll win the Natty within 3 years or less.
If he stays at OM, he will definitely make the playoffs the next couple years but it will be another 3-5 years or more before he can fully load that team with the depth of talent Bama stockpiles has year in/out.
And quite honestly, with NIL, OM may now never be able to acquire and retain that depth of talent that Bama can continue to do annually.

parabrave
01-11-2024, 05:02 PM

In order

Everyone remembers where Byrne came from and which college has a rising star about to be stuck in the medieval ages. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the next Saban, Jedd Fisch.

Westdawg
01-11-2024, 05:09 PM
Everyone remembers where Byrne came from and which college has a rising star about to be stuck in the medieval ages. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the next Saban, Jedd Fisch.

You very well might be onto something there🤔🤔🤔

DownwardDawg
01-11-2024, 05:25 PM

I like it.

TrapGame
01-11-2024, 05:32 PM

Fisch would be an excellent hire.

Bothrops
01-11-2024, 06:51 PM

If he wanted Florida he'd be there now.

Saltydog
01-11-2024, 07:16 PM
Now that makes sense.

No, it doesn't make sense because Cristobal isn't going to get a look. He's under .500 at Miami.

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2024, 08:06 PM
This board loves Kiffin more than OM
fans do. At the end of 2022 he was on a hefty SEC losing streak. Idk what some of yall will do when he loses a game

Mjoelner34
01-11-2024, 08:13 PM
No, it doesn't make sense because Cristobal isn't going to get a look. He's under .500 at Miami.

Hot take.

Saltydog
01-11-2024, 08:23 PM
This board loves Kiffin more than OM
fans do. At the end of 2022 he was on a hefty SEC losing streak. Idk what some of yall will do when he loses a game

Rolls eyes......I think our fan base is realizing they hired a top notch coach and he's kicking our ass both on and off the field......I don't think there's many here that like him.......Matter o' fact, the vast majority think he's a smug, arrogant asshole but they also respect the fact he's a hell'uva coach whether you want to admit it or not.........

parabrave
01-11-2024, 08:34 PM
Fisch would be an excellent hire.

And it would be the most ninja thing ever.

BeardoMSU
01-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Rolls eyes......I think our fan base is realizing they hired a top notch coach and he's kicking our ass both on and off the field......I don't think there's many here that like him.......Matter o' fact, the vast majority think he's a smug, arrogant asshole but they also respect the fact he's a hell'uva coach whether you want to admit it or not.........

This. To say otherwise is just delusion. He's winning there. I'd prefer he wasn't there, and they had a much shittier coach...but **** me, I guess....

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2024, 09:16 PM

Hes about like freeze. He is not the greatest coach in SEC history like he is anointed here. Nobody said he wasnt a good coach.

BeardoMSU
01-11-2024, 09:32 PM
Hes about like freeze. He is not the greatest coach in SEC history like he is anointed here. Nobody said he wasnt a good coach.

No one is saying he's the greatest in SEC history, lol. JFC, dude. He's taken OM to 2 Access Bowls in 3 years! This year they won 11 games. He's recruiting very well. It's not ridiculous to acknowledge it'd be better if OM had a worse coach....

Activated Alpha
01-11-2024, 10:01 PM
No one is saying he's the greatest in SEC history, lol. JFC, dude. He's taken OM to 2 Access Bowls in 3 years! This year they won 11 games. He's recruiting very well. It's not ridiculous to acknowledge it'd be better if OM was burnt to the ground and God salted their remains....

Fixed it for ye

BeardoMSU
01-11-2024, 10:28 PM
Fixed it for ye

What the Romans did to Carthage!!!

BuckyIsAB****
01-11-2024, 11:08 PM
No one is saying he's the greatest in SEC history, lol. JFC, dude. He's taken OM to 2 Access Bowls in 3 years! This year they won 11 games. He's recruiting very well. It's not ridiculous to acknowledge it'd be better if OM had a worse coach....

All I am saying is 2 things, 1, if we had a coach who had some success but had the SEC loosing streak Kiffin had in 2022, throw on top all of his off field antics, we would have already fired him.

2, if you think that those other people have or will ever acknowledge a single solitary thing that is positive for us you are wrong.

Todd4State
01-12-2024, 12:26 AM
All I am saying is 2 things, 1, if we had a coach who had some success but had the SEC loosing streak Kiffin had in 2022, throw on top all of his off field antics, we would have already fired him.

2, if you think that those other people have or will ever acknowledge a single solitary thing that is positive for us you are wrong.

Lane = Ole Miss's Dan Mullen. Wins the ones he is supposed to. Rarely wins the big ones.

DownwardDawg
01-12-2024, 12:38 AM
Lane = Ole Miss's Dan Mullen. Wins the ones he is supposed to. Rarely wins the big ones.

This is exactly what he is. Leach was going to beat his ass this year. Shit happens. Lane is good. Not great.

BeardoMSU
01-12-2024, 12:48 AM

Lane has won a ton of one score games. He's feasted on the toss-ups. And that has led to a bunch of wins.

Todd4State
01-12-2024, 02:12 AM
This is exactly what he is. Leach was going to beat his ass this year. Shit happens. Lane is good. Not great.

Lane has won a ton of one score games. He's feasted on the toss-ups. And that has led to a bunch of wins.

I agree with both of these statements. And at some point when you win a lot of close games the pendulum eventually swings back.

FoggyBottom
01-12-2024, 03:32 PM
With the Alabama portal now open for thirty days, I expect Kiffin to have a better roster than the Tide going into the 2024 season. Golding will likely snag a couple more defensive players from that roster.

Bothrops
01-12-2024, 03:44 PM

He will exceed Dan Mullen next season. I can't believe the Bama job came open, albeit late, and those jackasses still got to keep Kiffin.

DownwardDawg
01-12-2024, 03:47 PM
He will exceed Dan Mullen next season. I can't believe the Bama job came open, albeit late, and those jackasses still got to keep Kiffin.

Don't let that bother you. Lane was never getting offered the Bama job unless some serious bad shit happened to Bama.

confucius say
01-12-2024, 03:55 PM
Don't let that bother you. Lane was never getting offered the Bama job unless some serious bad shit happened to Bama.

You could shave stopped at never. The words used were "absolutely zero chance." Saban would have come out of retirement before he allowed it.

BuckyIsAB****
01-12-2024, 07:54 PM
He is not going to Washington either. This board will be thrilled

Coursesuper
01-12-2024, 07:58 PM
He is not going to Washington either. This board will be thrilled

Agree, he’s not a fit at U Dub.

Todd4State
01-13-2024, 01:47 AM

Most of the rumors said he wouldn't be going to Bama. It's not too surprising with Saban still hanging around.

I never expected Kiffin to leave this offseason. If Michigan opens up we'll see what the collateral damage is from that.

TNDawg35
01-13-2024, 03:43 AM
Most of the rumors said he wouldn't be going to Bama. It's not too surprising with Saban still hanging around.

I never expected Kiffin to leave this offseason. If Michigan opens up we'll see what the collateral damage is from that.

Let's say Harbough does go to LA/Vegas, therefore Kelly goes to Michigan. Who does LSU go after?