PDA

View Full Version : I'll say it, "the dynasty is dead"........

Saltydog
01-10-2024, 07:49 PM
I don't give a shit who they hire, their dynasty is over. Will they be good, yes? Will they still make the playoffs, probably. Will they dominate college football like we've seen, NO. Get ready Gumps. You just went from being great to being good.

smootness
01-10-2024, 07:51 PM
Whatever step back they take will just be made up by UGA.

Saltydog
01-10-2024, 07:54 PM
Whatever step back they take will just be made up by UGA.

Agreed. I think they're going to be UGA's bitch for a few years.

TUSK
01-10-2024, 07:57 PM
I don't give a shit who they hire, their dynasty is over. Will they be good, yes? Will they still make the playoffs, probably. Will they dominate college football like we've seen, NO. Get ready Gumps. You just went from being great to being good.

D.I.D Version 32.9

msstate7
01-10-2024, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't count on them being a non-factor next season. We've saw guys step in after great coaches and do well... esp the first year - Ryan day after urban, Coker after butch davis, miles after saban

Saltydog
01-10-2024, 08:06 PM
They will do well but they aren't going to dominate like they have and it's not all due to Saban's retirement. The way the game has changed with the portal and NIL, well it's taken some of Nicky Boys advantages away and he knew that. That's why he complained about it.

Coach34
01-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Lanning will pass on that job if he is smart

CaptainObvious
01-10-2024, 08:14 PM
I think they will revert to an average 9 to 10 win team. Probably still make the playoffs and as long as they can avoid the top SEC teams in the first round of playoffs, have a chance to win an NC.

Saltydog
01-10-2024, 08:19 PM
Completely agree Coach and that fan base isn't going to temper their expectations.

Coach34
01-10-2024, 08:26 PM
Completely agree Coach and that fan base isn't going to temper their expectations.

exactly. And I agree with Captain- they will still win 9-10 even 11 on the reg. But it wont be enough for their fanbase. Coaches need to let them fire the next guy after Saban after 3-4 years and then get the job

CaptainObvious
01-10-2024, 08:26 PM
Delete wrong thread.

TUSK
01-10-2024, 09:05 PM
They will do well but they aren't going to dominate like they have and it's not all due to Saban's retirement. The way the game has changed with the portal and NIL, well it's taken some of Nicky Boys advantages away and he knew that. That's why he complained about it.

This is correct... NO ONE will have a run like we witnessed the last (near) 2 decades.

dawgday166
01-10-2024, 09:12 PM
This is correct... NO ONE will have a run like we witnessed the last (near) 2 decades.

Hasn't really affected Bama's recruiting. It has made cheating legal for the other teams now tho.
And NIL is affecting the REC's referees' budget. Saban say "no buy refs, I go home". LOL

TUSK
01-10-2024, 10:27 PM
Hasn't really affected Bama's recruiting. It has made cheating legal for the other teams now tho.
And NIL is affecting the REC's referees' budget. Saban say "no buy refs, I go home". LOL

Well, of course. One doesn't win 874 National Champioships simply by having better players, coaching, etc....

Todd4State
01-10-2024, 10:31 PM
I think they will revert to an average 9 to 10 win team. Probably still make the playoffs and as long as they can avoid the top SEC teams in the first round of playoffs, have a chance to win an NC.

Yep. And I think we will probably beat them about as often as we beat LSU and Auburn now.

Apoplectic
01-10-2024, 10:35 PM

the dynasty was over when the playing field was leveled with NIL. Hell many on this board could have won the rings with some of the talent he has coached. when it came time to outcoach turns out he's just mediocre ......just like in miami

Apoplectic
01-10-2024, 10:37 PM
Well, of course. One doesn't win 874 National Champioships simply by having better players, coaching, etc....

exactly .... all it takes is better players

TUSK
01-10-2024, 10:42 PM
the dynasty was over when the playing field was leveled with NIL. Hell many on this board could have won the rings with some of the talent he has coached. when it came time to outcoach turns out he's just mediocre ......just like in miami

https://cdn.vectorstock.com/i/1000x1000/86/25/black-hook-funny-cartoon-fish-looking-vector-34168625.webp