PDA

View Full Version : What if State...

Sacrifice
12-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I hate doing "what ifs" but I was looking at Ohio St schedule today and it's weak I mean really weak . The only currently ranked team they've beat is Wisconsin who's #21 now sitting at 9-3 but Florida St hasn't played much tougher of a schedule either. The only currently ranked them they've beat is #13 Clemson who's now 10-2..

It got me to thinking... What would States record have been playing those schedules? I'm thinking we have a chance to go undefeated playing OSUs schedule and probably 11-1 playing FSUs schedule. Am I looking through maroon and white lenses or what?

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I hate doing "what ifs" but I was looking at Ohio St schedule today and it's weak I mean really weak . The only currently ranked team they've beat is Wisconsin who's #21 now sitting at 9-3 but Florida St hasn't played much tougher of a schedule either. The only currently ranked them they've beat is #13 Clemson who's now 10-2..

It got me to thinking... What would States record have been playing those schedules? I'm thinking we have a chance to go undefeated playing OSUs schedule and probably 11-1 playing FSUs schedule. Am I looking through maroon and white lenses or what?

No your not seeing things through maroon colored glasses in saying we would be having a great year, not sure about undefeated though.

The biggest joke about college football is that most schools outside of the SEC and most media outside of the SEC have no comprehension of how much harder SEC schedule, particularly SEC West schedules, are than the rest on the country.

This whole Ohio State/ Auburn argument is a no brainer to me in favor of Auburn, but since there is absolutely zero way to prove it, Ohio State will likely get the nod.

The problem is that everyone is biased. So even if BiG 10 media know the SEC is infinitely better, they'll never admit it.

Political Hack
12-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Clemson would beat us. That's it.

but we're not as good as FSU.

Sacrifice
12-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Exactly..I don't think we win by the margins that those 2 teams win by but I believe we'd be favored in every game except Clemson and maybe Wisconsin and I like how we match up with them.

TheRef
12-07-2013, 04:38 PM
A guy from Minnesota called into CBS Sports Radio saying that FSU should be jumped over Ohio State because of their weak schedule. I literally laughed as hard as I could in my car at this.

Sacrifice
12-07-2013, 05:30 PM
If the rest of the country is hating on the SEC now wait till the playoffs start next year..It wouldn't shock me to see 2 SEC teams in it every year. Especially if Saban stays at bama...