PDA

View Full Version : still shocked some ppl pay for On3 or 24/7 or whatever website for info vs giving NIL

woof
01-09-2024, 10:59 AM
It's still shocking to me that some ppl still (in this modern era of social media) throw away good money (feasibly better served elsewhere for a real cause) on an antiquated system of sports websites like On3 or 24/7 or Genespage or whatever fill in the blank website to get their "information" on MSU.

Why? To find out about pizza toppings, lol? You can find EVERYTHING you need for free on X, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc. and usually 24 hours before the local sports websites write their articles.

Couldn't that money be better served to donate to a MUCH BETTER cause like MSU NIL, Bulldog Initiative or MSU Bulldog Club to help Selmon/Lebby/Staff compete in the NIL market?

If the normal, everyday fan just gave as little as $21 per month, then our big money guys could give even more and on a more regular basis.

I have NEVER paid for a sports information board in my entire life, it's a waste of good money. All information is readily available for free on social media.

Hot Rock
01-09-2024, 11:06 AM
I paid for Genespage for one year and I liked it. I got information before anyone and I got information about who was visiting and it was some of the best informed I have ever been about the program. I liked it. The transfer portal has just made it less important. You miss on a guy, you may get him next year now or got the guy and the 2nd he shows promise, he gets that LSU offer he coveted out of HS (See Returner and WR Thomas).

I no longer do it and I give to NIL but this idea that they don't give you anything is not true. You may not understand it but that's fine, it's not for everyone.

RockyDog
01-09-2024, 06:33 PM
Written that manifesto yet? Weren’t you supposed to lay it out for Selmon and let him know about everything wrong with MSU athletics?

Extendedcab
01-09-2024, 07:41 PM
What is shocking is he keeps pushing an agenda that most people don’t want anything to do with. It is/had ruining/ruined college athletics.

SilentSteel16
01-09-2024, 09:58 PM
What is shocking is he keeps pushing an agenda that most people don?t want anything to do with. It is/had ruining/ruined college athletics.

Can?t rep anymore!!!
Amen !!
I don?t subscribe/give to any of them but I give MSU plenty of money every 12 weeks

KOdawg1
01-10-2024, 12:00 AM
I'm not sure why it's an "either, or" situation..

I give monthly to the BI. I also subscribe to On3 and have a 247 membership until it runs out later this year.

gtowndawg
01-10-2024, 12:57 PM
I give to the NIL as well but I think they would get more participation, a lot more in fact, if you received something of value for giving. Nothing crazy, a BI hat for a certain level of giving or maybe a polo. Something like that.

RiverCityDawg
01-10-2024, 01:40 PM
It's still shocking to me that some ppl still (in this modern era of social media) throw away good money (feasibly better served elsewhere for a real cause) on an antiquated system of sports websites like On3 or 24/7 or Genespage or whatever fill in the blank website to get their "information" on MSU.

Why? To find out about pizza toppings, lol? You can find EVERYTHING you need for free on X, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc. and usually 24 hours before the local sports websites write their articles.

Couldn't that money be better served to donate to a MUCH BETTER cause like MSU NIL, Bulldog Initiative or MSU Bulldog Club to help Selmon/Lebby/Staff compete in the NIL market?

If the normal, everyday fan just gave as little as $21 per month, then our big money guys could give even more and on a more regular basis.

I have NEVER paid for a sports information board in my entire life, it's a waste of good money. All information is readily available for free on social media.

If you've never paid for a sports information board in your whole life, how do you know you're getting the same level of information for free elsewhere?

You're also missing the point a bit. This is all about entertainment. If someone finds a pay site entertaining, then it's worth it to them. That $9.99/mo isn't going to move the needle on entertainment as much in a NIL donation as the daily(ish) use of a fan website. Plus it's not an either/or proposition, a lot of people do both. Most, probably.

Bubb Rubb
01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
On3 is worth your money. 247 is not.

OhGee
01-13-2024, 10:15 AM
NCAA Pres proposing for schools to pay players directly. Finally. There is enough damn TV money to easily fund this.