PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Brightwell?

gtowndawg
01-09-2024, 10:11 AM
The W is changing to Mississippi Brightwell? Something to do with their students are bright and mean well (or some nonsense like that).

Really? We considered letting our daughter go to nursing school there, but I think we will pass. Sounds like a diploma mill or something.

And as a million others have said why on earth can they not just be part of the State system? I guess it just makes too much sense?

Saltydog
01-09-2024, 10:40 AM
I work in healthcare and I can tell you for a fact that their nursing school is very good.

Lord McBuckethead
01-09-2024, 10:46 AM
Their nursing school is very good. I have no idea why they cannot be part of Mississippi State.

Also, why do we have so many community colleges? Seems like half could just close up shop and let the other half expand. Also, having EMCC so close to State is like a cheat code if you want to take a higher level math class without taking it at State.

Valley should just close and send everyone to Alcorn.

In reality, MSU, Delta State, Alcorn, UM, and USM is all there should be.
Half of all community colleges should close.
All of the private universities in Jackson should merge.

It would save a shit ton of money over the long term and our universities would be better for it.

TrapGame
01-09-2024, 10:49 AM
I partied in Columbus with some girls from the W way back in the day. A fun time was had by all.

gtowndawg
01-09-2024, 10:55 AM
I work in healthcare and I can tell you for a fact that their nursing school is very good.

My daugher really wants to go to State (obviously I love it) but she's also been accepted to Arkansas and Tennessee. At Tennessee she was accepted as a direct entry (as a freshman) into their nursing school. It's a big deal and a great accomplishment. But she still wants to go to State. Her boyfriend signed to play baseball at Itawaba so they will be sort of close and that's a factor. So we always thought she would probably finish at the W if she started at State. But going to Tennessee and getting a degree there seems less of a hassle and more prestigious than "Mississippi Brightwell"

gtowndawg
01-09-2024, 10:57 AM
Their nursing school is very good. I have no idea why they cannot be part of Mississippi State.

That's always been my question. It just makes so much sense!

viverlibre
01-09-2024, 11:03 AM
My daugher really wants to go to State (obviously I love it) but she's also been accepted to Arkansas and Tennessee. At Tennessee she was accepted as a direct entry (as a freshman) into their nursing school. It's a big deal and a great accomplishment. But she still wants to go to State. Her boyfriend signed to play baseball at Itawaba so they will be sort of close and that's a factor. So we always thought she would probably finish at the W if she started at State. But going to Tennessee and getting a degree there seems less of a hassle and more prestigious than "Mississippi Brightwell"

My next door neighbor, a long time RN (he's earned two retirements in nursing), always says the best nurse makes the same as the worst nurse, so get the degree as inexpensively as possible. You can move up in speciality or get a NP degree later on.

DownwardDawg
01-09-2024, 12:03 PM
Jones community college. Get your nursing degree there. You'll get the same degree and the exact same job offers. You make your own reputation once you go to work.

Shooter McGavin
01-09-2024, 12:28 PM
I have no idea why they cannot be part of Mississippi State.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but was there momentum several years ago for State to purchase the W? I want to say there was a deal in place that fell through. I could be imagining this. My memory is not what it once was.

Saltydog
01-09-2024, 12:37 PM
I partied in Columbus with some girls from the W way back in the day. A fun time was had by all.

Oh yeah, me too TG. Classix and The Club. Good times for sure.

Churchill
01-09-2024, 12:38 PM
Sounds like one of those (questionable) online schools. I would not pay for my child to get a degree from there.

Saltydog
01-09-2024, 12:39 PM
Some truth to this but later in your career if you're interested in moving up or into administration, etc. the BSN will open some doors that the AA does not............

gtowndawg
01-09-2024, 12:46 PM
My next door neighbor, a long time RN (he's earned two retirements in nursing), always says the best nurse makes the same as the worst nurse, so get the degree as inexpensively as possible. You can move up in speciality or get a NP degree later on.

Brother, I wish my daughter would accept that. She could go to Memphis for free basically, but she really wants to go to State one way or another!

somebodyshotmypaw
01-09-2024, 12:49 PM

I totally believe what you are saying. But I hate that it's true. I'm a huge believer in paying based upon merit.

GeoDawg
01-09-2024, 12:54 PM
My daughter has attended the "W" and is finishing up her externship in Speech Pathology this semester. I am extremely proud of her. She married a Marine and he is a great guy.

About the "W", It is about as woke a school as they come. My daughter has had to sit through numerous programs on Critical Race Theory, Tolerance, Transgenderism, etc. all the while sticking to her conservative Christian principles. As I said, I'm extremely proud of her.

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2024, 02:21 PM

My wife is a W alum - who I met one night at The Club. She and her friends are all worked up about it.

viverlibre
01-09-2024, 03:18 PM

The Club and the 45 Club (circa early 90s) were two different places, right? The Club was in a downtown setting? Wasn't there a weird bridge going to the 45 Club? I was always drunk, going and coming.

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2024, 04:15 PM
The Club and the 45 Club (circa early 90s) were two different places, right? The Club was in a downtown setting? Wasn't there a weird bridge going to the 45 Club? I was always drunk, going and coming.

The one lane bridge was to get to the island in the Tim-Tom that The Club was located on. 45 Club was out Hwy 45 north of Columbus

viverlibre
01-09-2024, 05:00 PM
The one lane bridge was to get to the island in the Tim-Tom that The Club was located on. 45 Club was out Hwy 45 north of Columbus

Classix's was downtown?

Lance Harbor
01-09-2024, 07:30 PM

This. Though I think there were a few extra X's in Classixxxxxxx

TUSK
01-09-2024, 10:03 PM
I'm a fellow graduate of The Club, Classixxx, and The "Half of 90"...

Bgame
01-09-2024, 11:54 PM
The Club would sell you a bag of beer on ice at closing time so you could stay and party.

SailingDawg
01-10-2024, 12:05 AM

I?d put big money on your location being The Club.

SailingDawg
01-10-2024, 12:07 AM
My daughter has attended the "W" and is finishing up her externship in Speech Pathology this semester. I am extremely proud of her. She married a Marine and he is a great guy.

About the "W", It is about as woke a school as they come. My daughter has had to sit through numerous programs on Critical Race Theory, Tolerance, Transgenderism, etc. all the while sticking to her conservative Christian principles. As I said, I'm extremely proud of her.

That?s funny. Those damn colleges are just waking everyone! Can you verify with course numbers and names? You know, for that law school level Critical Race Theory class?

Ranchdawg
01-10-2024, 07:32 AM
Someone please give good reasons that the ?W? should not be merged with State. My god it just makes way too much sense to either shut it down or merge it.

GeoDawg
01-10-2024, 12:11 PM
That?s funny. Those damn colleges are just waking everyone! Can you verify with course numbers and names? You know, for that law school level Critical Race Theory class?

Reread my post. I said "programs", not classes. Most of the time, they would have a speaker come in to the Speech Pathology group and speak on a particular subject and it would be mandatory attendance.

Same thing they are forcing Federal employees to sit through. I had to sit through several "training classes" just before I retired two years ago. Try again.

gtowndawg
01-10-2024, 12:53 PM
Reread my post. I said "programs", not classes. Most of the time, they would have a speaker come in to the Speech Pathology group and speak on a particular subject and it would be mandatory attendance.

Same thing they are forcing Federal employees to sit through. I had to sit through several "training classes" just before I retired two years ago. Try again.

Yeah, paying to have my daughter sit through mandatory programs like that so she can earn a degree from "Mississippi Brightwell" - umm, no thanks.

SailingDawg
01-10-2024, 03:12 PM
God forbid we learn about our differences instead of sticking to one teaching all our lives.

Extendedcab
01-10-2024, 03:22 PM
It's not about learning but about indoctrinating Christians to accept their depraved lifestyle as normal, which the Bible says it is not. I'll stick to the Bible for my absolute standard for living and not the world's standard which degrades every generation.

GeoDawg
01-10-2024, 04:10 PM
It's not about learning but about indoctrinating Christians to accept their depraved lifestyle as normal, which the Bible says it is not. I'll stick to the Bible for my absolute standard for living and not the world's standard which degrades every generation.

Exactly EC! That's why the programs are mandatory. They can't sell that garbage and nobody is buying. It's pure indoctrination. Period!

Turfdawg67
01-10-2024, 05:30 PM

Tolerance is a depraved lifestyle? It's what all Christians should be. Lol

Bothrops
01-10-2024, 05:32 PM
Why not just Brightwell University?

TrapGame
01-10-2024, 05:36 PM
I?d put big money on your location being The Club.

That sounds about right. most of that night is a blur but I remember those girls from the W. That night could have been a country song. Got drunk, fell in love, had a great time together and the next day I couldn't remember her name and didn't get her phone number.

GeoDawg
01-10-2024, 05:42 PM
Tolerance is a depraved lifestyle? It's what all Christians should be. Lol

No, tolerance is not synonymous with indoctrination. You don't get to change the definition. Tolerance allows me to disagree with other people's perversions and call them that if I so choose.

Turfdawg67
01-10-2024, 05:58 PM
No, tolerance is not synonymous with indoctrination. You don't get to change the definition. Without tolerance allows me to disagree with other people's perversions and call them that if I so choose.

Actually tolerance is the opposite of your definition: Tolerate: allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.

I fixed your what you originally meant for you. And I'll bow out of this in respect for Scooba and his rules. Should've just laughed out loud and kept scrolling. Enjoy your hate filled intolerance... cheers.

GeoDawg
01-10-2024, 06:04 PM
Actually tolerance is the opposite of your definition: Tolerate: allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that one does not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.

I fixed your what you originally meant for you. And I'll bow out of this in respect for Scooba and his rules. Should've just laughed out loud and kept scrolling. Enjoy your hate filled intolerance... cheers.

Hahaha! Look at your own definition. It says I don't have to agree with it. No one on here has denied a person's right to exist. The fact is I don't agree with it and never will and that does not make me intolerant no matter how much you try to spin it.