PDA

View Full Version : Severe Weather Thursday Night Into Friday

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2024, 07:07 AM
In addition to the severe threat for south MS today, another severe threat is looking possible Thursday night into Friday. Strong winds and tornadoes look to be main threats at this time. Write up on this and all other impactful weather available on our Facebook page.

📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/eV8WUYBaY67AJP7Z/?mibextid=WC7FNe

parabrave
01-08-2024, 10:06 AM
That dip in the southern jet stream is going to make a fun winter.

Rawdawg
01-09-2024, 04:13 PM
We?re 6 days out but what?s your confidence on winter weather or Monday? We?re trying to figure out trucking logistics now just in case.

parabrave
01-09-2024, 04:27 PM
We?re 6 days out but what?s your confidence on winter weather or Monday? We?re trying to figure out trucking logistics now just in case.

Just wait to the 16th. Snow and ice on the coast.

DesotoDog1967
01-09-2024, 04:47 PM

I work for a dairy in Memphis and am hearing Walmarts in the Memphis are requesting large orders of milk this coming weekend. They must expect something is coming

starkvegasdawg
01-09-2024, 06:01 PM
Things seem to be trending towards areas seeing wintry precip early next week. Now exactly where (if) it sets up and who sees what is still up in the air. As of right now, the best chance of snow looks to be up in TN with MS seeing more of a wintry mix. And that's assuming it happens at all which is far from guaranteed. What does look to be guaranteed is an invasion of Arctic air. Most of north MS will see temps in or near single digits and wind chills below zero Tuesday morning.

DownwardDawg
01-09-2024, 06:32 PM
May get some good snow up here Sunday/Monday.

parabrave
01-09-2024, 07:15 PM
May get some good snow up here Sunday/Monday.

You got your house fixed yet? Maybe thinking about moving back to the Pine Belt??

DownwardDawg
01-09-2024, 09:28 PM
You got your house fixed yet? Maybe thinking about moving back to the Pine Belt??

Lol. Yeah, got my new roof already. And yes, we may build back in the same location. Next to the kids on 84. No telling right now though. Either way, we'll be in the line of fire for tornadoes!!! I'm a magnet. My neighbor told me I need to take these naders back to Mississippi. Lol