PDA

View Full Version : Hey SVD

parabrave
01-07-2024, 09:45 PM
you heading down south for Tomorrows S'easter?/

Maverick91
01-07-2024, 11:40 PM
In mobile! How any info would be appreciated!

parabrave
01-07-2024, 11:56 PM

About the same as the Coast. Lots of rain and wind. Inland areas might get some Tornado action also.
http://www.weather.gov/images/mob/graphicast/image1.png?50df43b9d10cfc04867194f865d8c6de

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2024, 12:10 AM
you heading down south for Tomorrows S'easter?/

I'm going to have to miss this one, but things are starting to look really interesting. Mobile NWS put out a very strongly worded forecast discussion and the environment is looking increasingly favorable for a solid event tomorrow. The bad thing is that it looks to be a nocturnal event with fast moving rain wrapped tornadoes. So if you live down in the threat area take any warnings seriously. The potential is there for some of the tornadoes tomorrow to be strong to violent.

parabrave
01-08-2024, 01:10 AM
I'm going to have to miss this one, but things are starting to look really interesting. Mobile NWS put out a very strongly worded forecast discussion and the environment is looking increasingly favorable for a solid event tomorrow. The bad thing is that it looks to be a nocturnal event with fast moving rain wrapped tornadoes. So if you live down in the threat area take any warnings seriously. The potential is there for some of the tornadoes tomorrow to be strong to violent.

I noticed the GFS has moved the Bad area around the Pine Belt. So CC needs to be on the lookout.

Todd4State
01-08-2024, 01:22 AM

How does it look for NOLA?

parabrave
01-08-2024, 01:31 AM

Park on the Neutral Grounds. 3-5 inches of rain. Anywhere from Baton Rouge arcing to Laurel to Destin is in for a rough day.

Todd4State
01-08-2024, 03:05 AM
Park on the Neutral Grounds. 3-5 inches of rain. Anywhere from Baton Rouge arcing to Laurel to Destin is in for a rough day.

Yuck. I was worried about that. Have to hope the water pumps come through.

C&DDAWG32
01-08-2024, 09:32 AM

I'm also in the Mobile area (Eastern Shore). Supposed to get pretty sporty from what I hear.

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2024, 09:45 AM

You need to stay weather aware this afternoon and tonight.

Maverick91
01-08-2024, 09:59 AM
I'm also in the Mobile area (Eastern Shore). Supposed to get pretty sporty from what I hear.

Yeah... I love winter but I hate this time of year. If I had a basement I'd be peachy. The idea of your house getting ripped the shreds and all your stuff being blown all over tarnation just doesn't sit well with me. That obviously assuming me and mine live through the event.

parabrave
01-08-2024, 10:01 AM

I think the Mobile area gets it the worse. Mobile has a history of Winter Zephyrs/

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2024, 10:21 AM
I think the Mobile area gets it the worse. Mobile has a history of Winter Zephyrs/

If I were chasing this tonight my target area would south AL and the western FL panhandle. I'd be camping out near I-10 somewhere between Mobile and Pensacola.

Todd4State
01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
You need to stay weather aware this afternoon and tonight.

And I have to work late tonight. Going to be awesome.

parabrave
01-08-2024, 10:52 AM
If I were chasing this tonight my target area would south AL and the western FL panhandle. I'd be camping out near I-10 somewhere between Mobile and Pensacola.

Thats what I was thinking also but I would add in Laurel area when the squall line gets there.

Maverick91
01-08-2024, 11:42 AM

I love you in these times but I also lament the knowledge you share.

Ignorance is bliss.

C&DDAWG32
01-08-2024, 12:26 PM

We've been here since 2015 and every winter we get some gnarly winter storms. It's usually worse than hurricane season. Sally was pretty crazy though.