PDA

View Full Version : so much for the BB hype both men and women's Both dropped turds in the SEC

99jc
01-06-2024, 02:24 PM
openers. Everytime we think we have good teams they deflate me like a blown tire. Yeah, yeah long season i know but damn what a disappointment!

BuckyIsAB****
01-06-2024, 02:25 PM
Everyone rags on baseball as an intramural sport, college basketball is almost like playing at the library

Dawgology
01-06-2024, 02:25 PM
But we made ethically pure and morally good hires of coaches with no sin or rumor of sin in their past. So we win that!!

CarolinaDawgs
01-06-2024, 02:32 PM
Until we get a guard that can get us a bucket at will or at least create their own open shot

It will always be lipstick on a pig.

Coach34
01-06-2024, 02:35 PM
We lost to a good team today. We will be fine.

We started 1-7 in the SEC last year and still made the NCAA Tourney

msstate7
01-06-2024, 02:39 PM

Lord knows I melted in the first half too, but yeah, our fans (me included) are ready to quit after 1 game. We're a pretty embarrassing group

Coursesuper
01-06-2024, 02:46 PM
Threads like these are why I’m positive that our people have failed to grasp the effect that our falling behind with NIL and lack of vision of previous leadership has stunted our athletic program as a whole. We can ill afford to miss a step and we did.

Charlie_Sheen420
01-06-2024, 02:47 PM
This loss hurts but would have been a win by two to three scores easily if the team had not gotten inexplicably out rebounded. The loss that hurts and will continue to do so all season is the inexcusable loss to Southern at home. If we are on the bubble, that is the bubble burster

Bdawg
01-06-2024, 02:50 PM
Lord knows I melted in the first half too, but yeah, our fans (me included) are ready to quit after 1 game. We're a pretty embarrassing group

Not sure if winning would make up for that Southern loss but losing sure as heck doesn’t. Good opportunity wasted for a sec road win. Discouraging because road wins are hard to come by.

msugolf
01-06-2024, 02:57 PM

Not so sure about that. Teams and coaches have a year worth of film on us and know our only way options on offense are Tolu or Hubbard. Our offensive sets are junior high level at best.

DJ and Cam should never be on the court together ever. Both are offensive liabilities and turnover machines.

Davis is too passive and scared to be a pg against athletic teams.

Lineup going forward should be Tolu, Murphy, Cam, Moore and Hubbard. With Bell, Davis and DJ coming off bench. Jones isn?t strong enough and got pushed around out there today. JUCO recruiting was a huge mistake. Jans has had success with jucos in the past but he?s realizing this aint the Mountain West anymore. Better pull in a big time transfer class for next year or it will be big time rough

PGHBulldogBG
01-06-2024, 03:05 PM
The issue we are going to have with making the tournament this year vs last year is that we had 2 Q1 wins by beating the Big East champs on a neutral court along with TCU who was a 6 seed and a Q1 win. We also only lost 1 game to Drake on a neutral court and they were a 12 seed in the tournament and a Q2 loss. This year we have no Q1 non conference wins along with that horrible inexcusable loss to Southern. We need to figure a way to at least get to 9-9 in SEC play but 10-8 to be comfortable. It’s a long season but these next 2 home games will be huge. If we lose both we are in big trouble. We need to beat either UT or Bama at home.

Saltydog
01-06-2024, 03:53 PM

That a way to sugar coat it. They will get the shit kicked outta them in the league.

Bothrops
01-06-2024, 03:55 PM
We will lose the next three games

msstate7
01-06-2024, 03:56 PM
We will lose the next three games

Maybe. Even if we don't though, this board will find a way to crap on the basketball team.

Coach34
01-06-2024, 04:32 PM
That a way to sugar coat it. They will get the shit kicked outta them in the league.

The SEC is loaded and will be a grind. SEC will get at least 8 bids this year and as many as 10. Dykes was talking about it during the UPig/Aub game.

CaptainObvious
01-06-2024, 04:34 PM
Maybe. Even if we don't though, this board will find a way to crap on the basketball team.

Looked to me like the team did a hell of a job crapping on themselves. As I suspected they would and will again multiple times this year because Jan's did nothing in the off-season to replace DJ and Cam.

Pancho
01-06-2024, 04:39 PM
Taylor was take heat off Hubbard but.....................

No BS Dawg
01-06-2024, 05:05 PM
Our basketball teams are average college basketball teams. Some days they will perform above average, some days below average. But they are average. This is true for a large portion of teams. The SEC grind will make it tough to make the NCAA field. It is what it is.

MoreCowbell
01-06-2024, 05:26 PM
So far every road SEC team has won but us and we arguably had the easiest opportunity

Coach34
01-06-2024, 07:42 PM
So far every road SEC team has won but us and we arguably had the easiest opportunity

Bama beat a bad Vandy team. That was the easiest road game of the day and nobody else close
SC is better than UPig right now. Auburn is ranked and playing well
Mississippi is getting blown out
LSU is very unlikely to win at A&M
Kentucky won on the road? Shocker to nobody

NCMSTFAN
01-06-2024, 10:14 PM
Not so sure about that. Teams and coaches have a year worth of film on us and know our only way options on offense are Tolu or Hubbard. Our offensive sets are junior high level at best.

DJ and Cam should never be on the court together ever. Both are offensive liabilities and turnover machines.

Davis is too passive and scared to be a pg against athletic teams.

Lineup going forward should be Tolu, Murphy, Cam, Moore and Hubbard. With Bell, Davis and DJ coming off bench. Jones isn?t strong enough and got pushed around out there today. JUCO recruiting was a huge mistake. Jans has had success with jucos in the past but he?s realizing this aint the Mountain West anymore. Better pull in a big time transfer class for next year or it will be big time rough

I agree about the JUCO recruiting. Jans has been a JUCO recruiter for years going back to New Mexico State but that can't be his main source of recruiting. He brought in Trey Fort and Jaquan Scott this season, the #1 and #2 rated JUCO guys in their class and it hasn't panned out... that will work at a NMSU school but not the SEC.. Jans has to step up his recruiting or things will get ugly

Coach34
01-06-2024, 10:18 PM
Fort and the white guy not panning out is killing Jan this season. Really needed another shooter

NCMSTFAN
01-06-2024, 11:49 PM
Fort and the white guy not panning out is killing Jan this season. Really needed another shooter

Fort hasn't been bad... but Andrew Taylor was a bust for us