PDA

View Full Version : I am a minority

coachnorm
01-05-2024, 09:29 PM
Top 100 broadcasts for 2023 were NFL games. Only 3 College Games made the top 100?

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1743298729354948793?s=20

BeardoMSU
01-05-2024, 09:37 PM
Unfortunate. Dak has been slangin' it this year. You've missed out.

msstate7
01-05-2024, 09:44 PM
NFL is so much better

BeardoMSU
01-05-2024, 09:58 PM
NFL is so much better

Aye

Turfdawg67
01-05-2024, 11:19 PM
NFL is so much better

Aye

I really wish I loved the NFL like I used to. I used to LIVE for Sundays and NFL. That music that was synonymous with the the NFL used to give me chill bumps. (You all just heard it in your heads) And no, it has nothing to do with kneeling during the National Anthem. I don't know what happened... Maybe it's because I grew up as a Dolphins fan (living in MS) and they've sucked for so long. Yes, I know they are good now, but I see them more like the Cowboys and more like paper tigers than a really good team. Maybe it's because the Patriots dominated for so long... I dunno. Maybe fantasy football kept me going for a while as I got older?? Who knows. I'll still watch the 'Fins occasionally and Dak/Cowboys when I can, but really no excitement for me anymore.

ETA... I suppose the college game took over for me from the '90s on... and now that's starting to suck big time. Maybe I'll just go yell at the clouds or some kids on my lawn... lolz

NWADAWG
01-06-2024, 08:48 AM
I really wish I loved the NFL like I used to. I used to LIVE for Sundays and NFL. That music that was synonymous with the the NFL used to give me chill bumps. (You all just heard it in your heads) And no, it has nothing to do with kneeling during the National Anthem. I don't know what happened... Maybe it's because I grew up as a Dolphins fan (living in MS) and they've sucked for so long. Yes, I know they are good now, but I see them more like the Cowboys and more like paper tigers than a really good team. Maybe it's because the Patriots dominated for so long... I dunno. Maybe fantasy football kept me going for a while as I got older?? Who knows. I'll still watch the 'Fins occasionally and Dak/Cowboys when I can, but really no excitement for me anymore.

ETA... I suppose the college game took over for me from the '90s on... and now that's starting to suck big time. Maybe I'll just go yell at the clouds or some kids on my lawn... lolz

I've been the same way for years. Even though talent level is lower as a whole, I've long preferred college over NFL because it was more about team and heart. The players were there because they chose a school. With all the NIL shifting it more to teams being just bought and paid for, I may start paying more attention to the NFL pros again.

msstate7
01-06-2024, 08:59 AM

I preferred college for a stretch also, but the free for all transfers sorta ruined it for me. I don't mind players getting their cut of the money, but I detest free agency after every season.

Cowbell
01-06-2024, 09:07 AM
NFL is so much better

100%

Cowbell
01-06-2024, 09:10 AM
For those not watching the nfl, you really are missing out. The only downside I've seen has been the officiating. The commentators for each game are also far and above anything in college and there is way less love fests with favorite players. Listening to Troy and buck is my personal favorite.

LC Dawg
01-06-2024, 10:21 AM
I got away from watching the NFL for a bit because I spend a lot of Sundays driving home from Starkville and my Saints had fallen off a little. I played fantasy football for the first time in a while this year and have gotten back into watching. There are so many opportunities to watch even without Sunday Ticket and the product is so much better than college. The NFL has it figured out.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-06-2024, 10:52 AM
Those figures don't surprise me. College football is a terrible product at the moment. Imagine if Josh Allen just had the ability to go play for whatever team he wanted next year just because he felt like it.

The NCAA needs to do something quick because the game is currently rigged and they are going to lose their core viewers if it goes on too much longer. I used to love college football but it's fading fast. I hope someone can fix it.

RocketDawg
01-06-2024, 11:42 AM
Unfortunate. Dak has been slangin' it this year. You've missed out.

The Cowboys are the late national game tomorrow afternoon. They've already clinched a playoff berth, but can win the East with a win so Dak will likely play.

Mahomes is not playing - that's somewhat like college players that opt out of bowls.

RocketDawg
01-06-2024, 11:45 AM
100%

I'd be a bigger NFL fan if my two local teams, the Titans and Falcons, were better. As it is, I have to stick with Dallas and they're not always televised here.

Churchill
01-06-2024, 12:00 PM
With the NFL rolling in ratings and cash it sure makes you wonder why they aren't being forced to foot the NIL bill or starting a developmental league. It couldn't be that college football fans are just gullible dumbasses who are being fleeced to keeping NIL going .... could it ?

coachnorm
01-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Looking at the data presented on X/Twitter I notice that even the 4 team college football play off games did not make the list even the National Championship Game. The college football administration should take notice of this and get prepared to get slaughtered in the viewership ratings with the 12 team play offs on the horizon. As I said before, college football needs to remove bye weeks to get the season over and play-off done earlier to get out the way of the NFL when it takes over.

Coursesuper
01-06-2024, 03:59 PM
Top 100 broadcasts for 2023 were NFL games. Only 3 College Games made the top 100?

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1743298729354948793?s=20

I am in the minority with you, don’t watch much NFL. Play golf instead.

Coursesuper
01-06-2024, 04:01 PM
Looking at the data presented on X/Twitter I notice that even the 4 team college football play off games did not make the list even the National Championship Game. The college football administration should take notice of this and get prepared to get slaughtered in the viewership ratings with the 12 team play offs on the horizon. As I said before, college football needs to remove bye weeks to get the season over and play-off done earlier to get out the way of the NFL when it takes over.

That is solid. But the $$$ are still flowing from advertisers.,

coachnorm
01-06-2024, 04:09 PM
That is solid. But the $$$ are still flowing from advertisers.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBwGjWMVGHc

This YouTube presentation might add additional information on $$$ still flowing in. Also a little info on NFL BTW.

Dawgology
01-07-2024, 12:32 AM
With the NFL rolling in ratings and cash it sure makes you wonder why they aren't being forced to foot the NIL bill or starting a developmental league. It couldn't be that college football fans are just gullible dumbasses who are being fleeced to keeping NIL going .... could it ?

THIS is what I’ve been saying all along. No one is paying attention. The players wanted a cut of what the schools and media companies were being in. So…NIL was approved so that the fans could foot that bill. It’s a freaking joke. The players didn’t get a cut of anything.

Maroonthirteen
01-07-2024, 08:34 PM
I've always followed the Cowboys and the nfl. But I will plan my Saturdays around States games and college football.

However since Dak has joined the Cowboys. I've reignited my Cowboys fandom. I watch them every chance I get. The nfl game is just better. Obviously. Also as I've gotten older I'm more aware of the glass ceilings of some schools and ridiculously talent advantages some schools have. It is just a huge turnoff for me to know a team doesn't have a chance in a game.

For example my kid wants to go Austin next year. I'll go because she is a MsU student and I'm a fan but we all know the chances of winning are slim, very slim. However we could go to a Dallas game for the same amount of money and know we will see a competitive football game.

Also I'll say... having been to a nfl game the past two years and many college games lately. The in person nfl product is Much better because you don't have that damn red hat guy on the field a dozen times a game. You do NOT have so much dead time at nfl games.

Just my rambling .02 cents.

R2Dawg
01-07-2024, 08:45 PM
Those figures don't surprise me. College football is a terrible product at the moment. Imagine if Josh Allen just had the ability to go play for whatever team he wanted next year just because he felt like it.

The NCAA needs to do something quick because the game is currently rigged and they are going to lose their core viewers if it goes on too much longer. I used to love college football but it's fading fast. I hope someone can fix it.

I agree. I used to watch all the bowl games I could. I didn't watch anything until the playoff games and partly only watched so I could watch Bama lose.

I know those that would sell their firstborn to give to NIL, but they have ruined college sports.

viverlibre
01-07-2024, 10:30 PM
I didn't read the article, but does it take into account most CFB games are streamed and most NFL games are OTA?

msudawg1200
01-08-2024, 08:18 AM
NFL is so much better

Yes, now it is. I used to love the NFL, but with all the political BS kind of just became a casual fan. The NIL bull and the way college football landscape is being ruined with NIL,transfer portal, destruction of conferences, rivalries, and traditions turned me back to the NFL. NFL is way better. I'm about to be done with college football, and it saddens me because I used to love it sooooooo much.

msstate7
01-08-2024, 08:37 AM
Yes, now it is. I used to love the NFL, but with all the political BS kind of just became a casual fan. The NIL bull and the way college football landscape is being ruined with NIL,transfer portal, destruction of conferences, rivalries, and traditions turned me back to the NFL. NFL is way better. I'm about to be done with college football, and it saddens me because I used to love it sooooooo much.

^^^

sleepy dawg
01-08-2024, 10:08 AM
NFL is easily the best sports product out there. I've never cared about or payed attention to any of the political stuff or any other things unrelated to the game. That's not why I watch it and it's not going to stop me from watching the best sport out there. It's playoff time now and I expect some spectacular football games over the next month.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-08-2024, 10:59 AM

Same here

coachnorm
01-08-2024, 12:25 PM
Fellow elitedoggers and others complain about the politics that have been available on sports television. I watched some of it when it started to appear and then just stopped watching it. I only watch the live games then turn the pun dent content off. I can not get upset with that because I just do not expose myself to it. If I want that content, I go to YouTube. My complaint about college football is the excessive commercials on television and that RED HAT that is seen too much when I go to a MSU game. Also I complain about all the cup cake games that poison P-5 college football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHtuspts4Sw