PDA

View Full Version : Dont get me wrong- I really like what Lebbo is doing Crootin

Coach34
01-05-2024, 12:49 PM
but cmon dude- we got to start getting some trench warfare guys in the boat.

The SEC is a LOS league and will always be that way.

BankerDog
01-05-2024, 12:55 PM
Gonna take time to clean up Friend?s mess. We addressed 3 issues already.

confucius say
01-05-2024, 12:58 PM
We've added at least two staring OL.

Russell
Dinkins
Williams
Deontae Anderson
That's a solid front four. Need to add 2-3 more to go along with little Russell.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2024, 12:58 PM
Gonna take time to clean up Friend?s mess. We addressed 3 issues already.

#SchmidtShit

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2024, 12:59 PM

Russell
Dinkins
Williams
Deontae Anderson
That's a solid front four. Need to add 2-3 more to go along with little Russell.

Gonna need more than that

BankerDog
01-05-2024, 01:01 PM
#SchmidtShit

The fact they flipped Smith and Laysoya was so stupid when that was our best rotation in ?22. For Friend being such a ?recruiter? he didn?t really recruit anyone worth a dang in his time here.

Still waiting on his buddy Friend to be announced on the WKU staff it?s been crickets since those two brought it up.

civildawg
01-05-2024, 01:01 PM
I feel like we are ok on OL but DL is worrying me. The only thing that could make sense is our bama DC has his eyes on a couple of 2nd stringers at bama after spring practice

BankerDog
01-05-2024, 01:02 PM

Russell
Dinkins
Williams
Deontae Anderson

Wouldn?t get your hopes up with Turner. Wouldn?t surprise me to see him retire after next year. He has had two cycles now and hasn?t brought in a transfer or signee yet. Maybe we shouldn?t have let Phelps go?

BuckyIsAB****
The fact they flipped Smith and Laysoya was so stupid when that was our best rotation in ?22. For Friend being such a ?recruiter? he didn?t really recruit anyone worth a dang in his time here.

Still waiting on his buddy Friend to be announced on the WKU staff it?s been crickets since those two brought it up.
It?s the worst coaching job I have ever seen in my life.

bulldawg28
We'll be fine come August.

BankerDog
01-05-2024, 01:04 PM
It?s the worst coaching job I have ever seen in my life.

I feel for Barbay almost if Friend and Big Boy were truly calling shots. At least he has rebounded. Friend and Big Boy haven?t landed anywhere yet..

Coach34
01-05-2024, 01:06 PM

Russell
Dinkins
Williams
Deontae Anderson

Gotta have 8 guys that can play

bulldawg28
01-05-2024, 01:09 PM

The Juco transfers and freshman will give plenty of depth.

calidawg
01-05-2024, 01:16 PM

Were gonna suck on defense but our offense should be hugely improved. That's a win year 1.

The Defensive staff is weak and the d coordinator underwhelming. My prediction is the D staff will be flipped by 2025 which is fine. Lebby will need to figure out D by year 3 though

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2024, 01:16 PM
I feel for Barbay almost if Friend and Big Boy were truly calling shots. At least he has rebounded. Friend and Big Boy haven?t landed anywhere yet..

They 100 percent called shots. And Arnett and BP allowed it. Knew it and didnt care. Schmidt and Friend were the biggest reason the Wright non sense was ever a thing. Barbay was not the issue he was made the scapegoat. Arnett threw him under the bus after auburn in front of the kids and coaches

confucius say
01-05-2024, 01:38 PM

Agree. The 5 I named can. Need 3 more.
Hopefully one of the young guys can step up along with Taylor and then add 1-2 more.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2024, 01:45 PM

The OL is already much better than it was last year.

I agree that we need a couple of edge guys and a DL or two. Plenty of time to do that even if it's after spring. Blanton's in the boat, we're in on an absolute stud (Matthews from ODU) to play alongside him, and our safety room is looking good.

We're in good shape.

confucius say
01-05-2024, 01:45 PM
They 100 percent called shots. And Arnett and BP allowed it. Knew it and didnt care. Schmidt and Friend were the biggest reason the Wright non sense was ever a thing. Barbay was not the issue he was made the scapegoat. Arnett threw him under the bus after auburn in front of the kids and coaches

Sounds like an absolute cluster. If lebby can just be an adult in the room and organize and lead that will be a huge plus.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2024, 01:59 PM
Sounds like an absolute cluster. If lebby can just be an adult in the room and organize and lead that will be a huge plus.

It really can?t be any worse

Wink&aPrayer
01-05-2024, 02:52 PM
Hate agreeing w/Peaches, but yeah, we still got some work to do w/the big uglies.

HancockCountyDog
01-05-2024, 03:00 PM

We hope it is. Our OL was solid last year. The scheme was damn terrible.

The QB had plenty of time to throw and when Woody was healthy, he averaged 4.7 YPC.

I really like the guys we are bringing in on the OL, but we don?t know how they will perform in the SEC. The guys we lost were very solid and I guess I am still pissed we wasted such a veteran OL.

CarolinaDawgs
01-05-2024, 03:15 PM
I wonder how many games you can win by scoring more points than the opponent. Oh wait, all of them.

Saltydog
01-05-2024, 03:22 PM
There's a difference between depth and quality depth........The latter we lack.........

Walkerhill
01-05-2024, 03:24 PM
To build a complete roster, what makes the most sense is to prioritize the positions where you can get some recruiting wins and build some momentum.

Then leverage that momentum to build out the roster. A lineman is more likely to be interested in State today than a month ago, imo.

I do not think it is the case that our staff does not value or prioritize linemen or understand their importance in the SEC. I think instead they see it more like dominoes where they build on the buzz to fill those need positions in the spring.

Bubb Rubb
01-05-2024, 03:45 PM

The QB had plenty of time to throw and when Woody was healthy, he averaged 4.7 YPC.

I really like the guys we are bringing in on the OL, but we don?t know how they will perform in the SEC. The guys we lost were very solid and I guess I am still pissed we wasted such a veteran OL.

The UNT center is an upgrade. Pounders is an upgrade. Martinez was in the rotation at LSU. These guys can play. I get your point about playing in the SEC, but I like where we are. We're still looking to add a couple. I'll concede that it sucks losing Percy.

Thick
01-05-2024, 04:20 PM
No message

TALL DAWG
01-05-2024, 04:28 PM
Have we lost Percy for sure.

Pancho
01-05-2024, 04:47 PM
Percy is seeking being made to feel valued and needed. Not sure Lebby speaketh that language

Tripp McNeely
01-05-2024, 05:08 PM

Percy is seeking being made to feel valued and needed. Not sure Lebby speaketh that language

Looks like om is not bringing him in for a visit. His "market" may not be what he thought it was

Pancho
01-05-2024, 05:16 PM
they watched the same game film Lebby did then.

Bdawg
01-05-2024, 05:41 PM

I agree that we need a couple of edge guys and a DL or two. Plenty of time to do that even if it's after spring. Blanton's in the boat, we're in on an absolute stud (Matthews from ODU) to play alongside him, and our safety room is looking good.

We're in good shape.

Who is this Matthew guy you speak of?

BankerDog
01-05-2024, 05:51 PM

Leon Bell is better. He should?ve played over Dolla Bill and Percy. Percy gets the hype because he was a 4*, like every other recruit we get whom we overhype.

KOdawg1
01-05-2024, 08:19 PM
OL should be fine.

LT Pounders, LG Transfer, C Miner, RG Martinez/Reese, RT Leon Bell

DL and defensive portal recruiting as a whole currently sucks ass. David Turner needs to get off his ass and start getting players. Currently have a DL from UNC and Purdue that haven't done anything. We also took a safety from Memphis that hasn't done anything either. Just pathetic on that side of the ball.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2024, 08:36 PM
Hate to say it because I have always liked David Turner....but I think he's trying to use players from the past to help him get as many checks as possible on his way to retirement. We need to have a tight leash with DT. And I hate saying that.

Coursesuper
01-05-2024, 08:42 PM
OL should be fine.

LT Pounders, LG Transfer, C Miner, RG Martinez/Reese, RT Leon Bell

DL and defensive portal recruiting as a whole currently sucks ass. David Turner needs to get off his ass and start getting players. Currently have a DL from UNC and Purdue that haven't done anything. We also took a safety from Memphis that hasn't done anything either. Just pathetic on that side of the ball.

It very much depends on how much $$$ we are spending on that side of the ball. This staff may be settling one side before the other and using the $$$ they have as they see fit.

msumudcat
01-05-2024, 09:08 PM

This is 100 % correct.

BankerDog
01-05-2024, 09:10 PM
Hate to say it because I have always liked David Turner....but I think he's trying to use players from the past to help him get as many checks as possible on his way to retirement. We need to have a tight leash with DT. And I hate saying that.

We brought him back with CZA solely because of that. The defense will be fine, I think, other than his group. Better hope Dink and Trevion come back healthy..

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2024, 09:49 PM
We need to simplify and get back to playing with perfect effort on defense. We lost that in 23.

Bothrops
01-05-2024, 11:08 PM

This

confucius say
01-05-2024, 11:59 PM
Lebby's offense makes it easier on the OL.
2023 offense made it harder.

Todd4State
01-06-2024, 03:08 AM

Russell
Dinkins
Williams
Deontae Anderson

That's a lot of faith in some guys that are both inexperienced and had injury issues.

FWIW I saw that Western Kentucky hired another offensive line coach yesterday from Troy. Their old o-line coach went to Georgia Southern. If they want a new OC they need to let Drew Hollinghead know pretty soon. I kind of doubt they are going to go with two o-line coaches though.

Barbay always seemed to be a pushover to me.

This next recruiting cycle is going to be big for Turner. There are some good DL that we should be able to land though. He really needs Golding to leave Ole Miss so he can get in on Maddox though. If he can get three four star DL next cycle to go along with Hibbler which I think is doable without Maddox then I'll be OK with that.

Lebby's offense makes it easier on the OL.
2023 offense made it harder.

It was very obvious that we were poorly coached. We had offensive linemen pulling the wrong way at times.

BlackSailsDawg
01-06-2024, 06:56 PM

FWIW I saw that Western Kentucky hired another offensive line coach yesterday from Troy. Their old o-line coach went to Georgia Southern. If they want a new OC they need to let Drew Hollinghead know pretty soon. I kind of doubt they are going to go with two o-line coaches though.

What? So the whole thread was a .. a fraud? LMAO!

Todd4State
01-06-2024, 07:49 PM
What? So the whole thread was a .. a fraud? LMAO!

The only current opening they have is at WR coach. So unless Drew is hired somewhere else the next two weeks then yes.

BlackSailsDawg
01-07-2024, 12:36 AM
The only current opening they have is at WR coach. So unless Drew is hired somewhere else the next two weeks then yes.

So either Friend lied to his bud or or his bud lied to the board. Sad and pathetic either way.

Todd4State
01-07-2024, 12:53 AM
So either Friend lied to his bud or or his bud lied to the board. Sad and pathetic either way.

I don't know anything about the situation. It could be that it just fell apart after Christmas- which is my guess. There was clearly something there for Matt Zenitz to report it. Although I thought it was weird how he worded it compared to what was said about it on the board. I know at MSU we have certainly seen things fall apart at the last minute before. I did some research and I noticed that WKU lost their o-line coach who was also their co-OC to Georgia Southern as I said earlier. So it makes sense that if they offered Friend a position it would have a similar title. Doesn't make sense to lie about it on Friend's side because obviously the truth is going to come out. Turns out that Friend used to coach with Tyson Helton at Tennessee which is where the connection came from most likely.

Now that the bowls are over this should get cleared up completely over the next couple of weeks but unless WKU wants Friend to call plays and have an off the field QB coach I would say that it's unlikely that this will come to fruition.

Catfish
01-07-2024, 05:37 PM
Where will DJ Durkin be next year? Maybe he already has a job somewhere?

BuckyIsAB****
01-07-2024, 05:55 PM

They were pretty good at lying