PDA

View Full Version : What's the word on this WR from Louisville?

Statefan
12-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Watching this Hazlehurst vs Louisville game and they keep talking about this 6'4 jr. WR from Louisville Dontae Jones. After looking him up, 247 has him as a 4 star but mostly predicting him to go to UM. Any one have any info or know why we can't lock down a kid from Louisville?

Political Hack
12-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Hud's got this...

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Watching this Hazlehurst vs Louisville game and they keep talking about this 6'4 jr. WR from Louisville Dontae Jones. After looking him up, 247 has him as a 4 star but mostly predicting him to go to UM. Any one have any info or know why we can't lock down a kid from Louisville?

Every recruiting site predicts kids to Ole Miss. Should be a hard recruiting battle for this kid, but we will have shot. I don't think he has a leader at this point.

Statefan
12-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Good deal. I'm sure it's probably tempting for them to look at ole miss and the good WR play they have had recently (like we can appeal to running backs) but I'm hoping a high powered offense with Dak at the helm next year will help us make up some ground

BeastMan
12-07-2013, 01:45 PM
He is a heavy heavy Ole Miss lean. There is no doubt that the Rebels are his leader. Outside of Dennis Thames, MSU has never done well in Louisville. Kind of odd since we are right down the road but it is what it is.

It's a long way till he signs a LOI but I have him penciled in as a Reb as of now.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 02:31 PM
He is a heavy heavy Ole Miss lean. There is no doubt that the Rebels are his leader. Outside of Dennis Thames, MSU has never done well in Louisville. Kind of odd since we are right down the road but it is what it is.

It's a long way till he signs a LOI but I have him penciled in as a Reb as of now.

Where are you getting that from?

Paul Jones did an interview with him after the Egg Bowl and he was very positive about State.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Another interesting guy to keep an eye on Malik Dear..

Rosebowl and Paul Jones have both said in the past week that MSU has a sizable lead at the point, but David Johnson posted an article 4 days ago in which he said that he thought OM had a slight lead.

Mixed information.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Malik Dear is a beast. Homerun hitter from the RB position.

BeastMan
12-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Where are you getting that from?

Paul Jones did an interview with him after the Egg Bowl and he was very positive about State.

I'm basing this on what I know and not on interview with an MSU site. If you base all you recruiting hopes and beliefs on pay site articles over a year before signing day... That's not a shot at Paul at all either. I'm sure it was a good article.

If you know anyone in Louisville with even the slightest know of his recruitment, they will tell you what I just did. It isn't some big secret either. And before any lunacy ensues, his recruitment has been on the up and up.

Jacksondevildog
12-07-2013, 03:02 PM
David Johnson is just like Yancy. He knows where the money is coming from. Our recruiting experts are oblivious to it.

BeastMan
12-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Another interesting guy to keep an eye on Malik Dear..

Rosebowl and Paul Jones have both said in the past week that MSU has a sizable lead at the point, but David Johnson posted an article 4 days ago in which he said that he thought OM had a slight lead.

Mixed information.

For whatever reason, OM has long been assumed to be the leader with Dear but as of late some positive vibes are coming MSU's way. The way OM has recently recruited the JPS, that's a good sign. It's a long way until signing day so anyone claiming to be the leader right now is inconsequential. You just want to be in good standing right now imo

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm basing this on what I know and not on interview with an MSU site. If you base all you recruiting hopes and beliefs on pay site articles over a year before signing day... That's not a shot at Paul at all either. I'm sure it was a good article.

If you know anyone in Louisville with even the slightest know of his recruitment, they will tell you what I just did. It isn't some big secret either. And before any lunacy ensues, his recruitment has been on the up and up.

Ok, I didn't realize that. I don't know anyone from Louisville.

BeastMan
12-07-2013, 03:04 PM
David Johnson is just like Yancy. He knows where the money is coming from. Our recruiting experts are oblivious to it.

In my time of following recruiting, Yancy has NEVER had a year as off as he has been this year. He's been awful this cycle.

BeastMan
12-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Ok, I didn't realize that. I don't know anyone from Louisville.

No biggie. Like I said, it's a long way to '15 class signs on the dotted line. There is no lead insurmountable at this point. That said, I'm considering him a Rebel right now and if something changes, I'll be pleasantly surprised and consider it a wonderful bonus. Kid is a stud. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Political Hack
12-07-2013, 03:59 PM
In my time of following recruiting, Yancy has NEVER had a year as off as he has been this year. He's been awful this cycle.

2012 was pretty terrible for him. he was clueless.

notsofarawaydawg
12-07-2013, 04:20 PM

There are a lot of deep pocket bears in Louisville area. They've bought athlete after athlete over the years.

maroonmania
12-07-2013, 05:13 PM
How can we NOT get a guy named Dontae Jones???

smootness
12-07-2013, 05:36 PM
2012 was pretty terrible for him. he was clueless.

So he's terrible every year they don't clean up. Sounds to me like he just predicts everybody to Ole Miss.

SheltonChoked
12-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Bear lawyers in Louisville have been pushing players to ole miss for decades.
I wish Sangster was able to go D1. He's a beast.

Before Dennis Thames, Kyle McCoy was the last guy from Louisville to go to msu.

As good as Louisville has been in ms football, there have wen very few sec players. Grades mostly, and Dennis problem.

Saltydog
12-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Nicholson back in the early 90's and he went to Ole Miss......Course, Bobby Hall was at the helm then so no way we got him anyway........

Todd4State
12-07-2013, 06:01 PM
For whatever reason, OM has long been assumed to be the leader with Dear but as of late some positive vibes are coming MSU's way. The way OM has recently recruited the JPS, that's a good sign. It's a long way until signing day so anyone claiming to be the leader right now is inconsequential. You just want to be in good standing right now imo

We've had a lot of success with players from Provine and Jim Hill. Ole Miss has had a lot of success getting players from Callaway, Lanier, and Forest Hill.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Just read this morning that Dontae Jones' position coach at Louisville is...............................Omar Conner

codeDawg
12-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Just read this morning that Dontae Jones' position coach at Louisville is...............................Omar Conner

Geez. If the coaches can't make this happen, I don't know what to say.

smootness
12-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Geez. If the coaches can't make this happen, I don't know what to say.

You can't ever make a determination on anything based on one guy. Hopefully Conner gives us a shot, but these recruits aren't in a video game...they're actual people who all want different things. We can do everything perfectly right and still not get a guy because he decided he liked a certain coach more or wanted to play out of state. Obviously overall, the staffs who are better in recruiting will have more success relative to their resources, but each recruit will make his own decision for his own reasons.

BeastMan
12-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Bingo smootness. This kid really likes Freeze.nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks. I'm glad Dak and Chris Jones really like Mullen.

engie
12-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Guys -- we do not need to worry about wide receivers in the 2015 class. As of today, we've got offers out to at least 13 2015 receivers -- have 2 committed -- and are predicted to get a bunch of them that we haven't even offered yet.

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/InstitutionPredictions

smootness
12-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I really think Jay Johnson will end up on defense. I agree with you, though, WR is a priority for us in that class. Cameron Myers is almost a certainty.

engie
12-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Just a ton of options. Some really good receiving talent both in MS and the surrounding states next year.