PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Coleman, WR transfer from Louisville is a Dawg

Mjoelner34
01-04-2024, 07:40 PM
Outstanding offer list out of high school.
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/kevin-coleman-122545/RecruitInterests/

BankerDog
01-04-2024, 07:48 PM
Also had Jaylin Lucas on campus today and just recently offered a transfer from Oregon State. Hearing we have Blanton and may not be pursuing Dodwell as hard now-working on trying to get Hunter if Judkins goes to Auburn.

Really need to land the two South AL DBs and the Liberty CB.

bulldawg28
01-04-2024, 08:43 PM
Lebby doing work

bigbub50
01-04-2024, 08:55 PM
Eligibility question: after transferring twice in two years and not being a graduate, how is he immediately eligible?

mparkerfd20
01-04-2024, 09:00 PM
Eligibility question: after transferring twice in two years and not being a graduate, how is he immediately eligible?

Rule change

bigbub50
01-04-2024, 09:01 PM
Rule change

What is the rule now? Unlimited transfers?

somebodyshotmypaw
01-04-2024, 09:08 PM

If playing in a game and your opponent offers you more NIL money during the second quarter, you must remain with your school until halftime. At halftime you change jerseys, change locker rooms, and play the second half for your opponent (I am only half joking it seems).

Coursesuper
01-04-2024, 09:09 PM

Yes, at present there is an injunction in place from a federal judge that is allowing the unlimited transfers. Litigation was brought challenging the ncaa’s rules this past summer. Bart and Charlie talked that length in a podcast. There are several different suits that will be changing the landscape even further in the near future. It’s not a pretty picture.

chef dixon
01-05-2024, 08:38 AM
Love it, but what the hell we gonna do with all these wideouts lol

Pancho
01-05-2024, 08:49 AM
word

Offshore Dawg
01-05-2024, 08:58 AM
Dawgs roster starting to look like Oklahoma "light", mostly offence and not much defense !!

KB21
01-05-2024, 09:21 AM
Dawgs roster starting to look like Oklahoma "light", mostly offence and not much defense !!

Doesn't bother me much. Offense is what wins in the modern game anyway.

ZedFedder
01-05-2024, 09:22 AM
We also have some young pieces on defense. We certainly need more help, but we have some young talent.

Mjoelner34
01-05-2024, 09:54 AM

^^^This^^^ We gave up 30pts/game in the SEC even including KJ's hungover 3 pts. The conference Champs gave up 20/game in the SEC last year. Gone are the days of winning 17-14 every week. Plus, building your offense first just makes more sense.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-05-2024, 10:51 AM
Yes, at present there is an injunction in place from a federal judge that is allowing the unlimited transfers. Litigation was brought challenging the ncaa’s rules this past summer. Bart and Charlie talked that length in a podcast. There are several different suits that will be changing the landscape even further in the near future. It’s not a pretty picture.

What if another judge reverses the injunction? Are we going to have a bunch of ineligible players?

bulldawg28
01-05-2024, 11:19 AM
What if another judge reverses the injunction? Are we going to have a bunch of ineligible players?

I think this WR is the only double transfer utilizing this rule.

gtowndawg
01-05-2024, 12:34 PM

Washington has the 119th pass ranked defense in the country (and I think the 94th overall defense) and they are playing for the natty. Defense is important but it's starting to lean towards "optional"

CoachT14
01-05-2024, 12:41 PM
Some folks can?t help themselves. They are so hell bent that you gotta RTGDFB and play top defense to win in todays game.

Washington, Ole Miss, and LSU all prove you can win at a high level with elite offense and so-so defense.

Should we abandon the run and play bad defense? No. But we are going to have an elite offense next year.

Gutter Cobreh
01-05-2024, 01:08 PM
Some folks can?t help themselves. They are so hell bent that you gotta RTGDFB and play top defense to win in todays game.

Washington, Ole Miss, and LSU all prove you can win at a high level with elite offense and so-so defense.

Should we abandon the run and play bad defense? No. But we are going to have an elite offense next year.

Defense still wins championships - which will become apparent on Monday when Michigan rolls over Washington.

Having said that, we aren't winning a championship so the next best thing is to produce a fun, exciting product. That gets accomplished by having a competent offense to watch that moves the ball. I'm 100% behind this staff and what they've been doing and am hopeful as we put points on the board next year - it continues to drive fan engagement and excitement.

Todd4State
01-05-2024, 01:41 PM
Defense still wins championships - which will become apparent on Monday when Michigan rolls over Washington.

Having said that, we aren't winning a championship so the next best thing is to produce a fun, exciting product. That gets accomplished by having a competent offense to watch that moves the ball. I'm 100% behind this staff and what they've been doing and am hopeful as we put points on the board next year - it continues to drive fan engagement and excitement.

I think the root of our issues has been our recruiting across multiple coaching regimes.

If Lebby lives up to his billing on offense and we can combine that with our traditional defensive model we could have a lot of fun in the coming years.

TheLostDawg
01-05-2024, 01:45 PM
I think the root of our issues has been our recruiting across multiple coaching regimes.

If Lebby lives up to his billing on offense and we can combine that with our traditional defensive model we could have a lot of fun in the coming years.

Yes but ole miss seems to be getting the defensive guys we usually get

Todd4State
01-05-2024, 05:00 PM
Yes but ole miss seems to be getting the defensive guys we usually get

Or some are going out of state. Not sure we would have gotten Franklin. We botched Echols trying to recruit him as an o-lineman. Jernigan and Woodland are going out of state. Getting Hibbler, Clark, and Gayten seem like solid pick ups.

There are some more good defensive players in this next class. We need to clean up. I do agree that Golding is a good recruiter for them.

Offshore Dawg
01-05-2024, 05:29 PM
Love it, but what the hell we gonna do with all these wideouts lol

new coaching staff didn't like what they had.

FISHDAWG
01-05-2024, 06:38 PM

I tend to agree but stop just short of total agreement... we have seen before games where we credit the defense for the win but then look at LSU who won 10 games this year and still fired their entire defensive coaching staff.... ill take a strong offense every time

Bothrops
01-05-2024, 10:21 PM
If playing in a game and your opponent offers you more NIL money during the second quarter, you must remain with your school until halftime. At halftime you change jerseys, change locker rooms, and play the second half for your opponent (I am only half joking it seems).

I'm sure that seems reasonable to the NCAA.

Todd4State
01-06-2024, 02:48 AM
I tend to agree but stop just short of total agreement... we have seen before games where we credit the defense for the win but then look at LSU who won 10 games this year and still fired their entire defensive coaching staff.... ill take a strong offense every time

It just seems really difficult to pair up a complete staff- and it's not just MSU that has this issue. LSU goes to a BCS bowl if they beat Ole Miss and they know it. There is zero excuse for them to be as bad as they were on defense this past year.

Todd4State
01-06-2024, 02:49 AM
new coaching staff didn't like what they had.

It's not just WR's that they didn't like. We're going to be watching a completely new team next fall.