PDA

View Full Version : OM fans melting down

Msujd164
01-04-2024, 12:21 PM
about Judkins. They cannot believe he would do this when Kiffin was the only one to give him a shot. And he is not showing loyalty, and just leaving for money in the grass isn?t always greener.

Do they not realize what their own coach just did? Do they not feel sorry for all the other schools where their players transferred to Ole Miss? Lane has tampered in several programs and I love it that it is coming back to bite him now!

TrapGame
01-04-2024, 12:26 PM
Their tears are delicious.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
He will not be the last……

MBDawg601
01-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Hard to believe he would forfeit a guaranteed NC ring. According to some of our fans.

R2Dawg
01-04-2024, 12:44 PM
Hard to believe he would forfeit a guaranteed NC ring. According to some of our fans.

Ha, ha. OM ain't winning nothing. They missed their window to make a splash this year with weaker SEC. They are staring down the hill and have already crested. Watch and see. Not saying they are having a losing season but not winning no NC or SEC title either. Ship has sailed.

They were maybe 4-5 plays from being 6-6 this year. NIL and locker room issues will take their toll, then Kiffin leaves. Enjoy the debacle the next few years.

chef dixon
01-04-2024, 12:48 PM
Is anyone suprised most of their fans thought they were immune to this? They are ****ing idiots

DEDawg
01-04-2024, 12:51 PM
Ha, ha. OM ain't winning nothing. They missed their window to make a splash this year with weaker SEC. They are staring down the hill and have already crested. Watch and see. Not saying they are having a losing season but not winning no NC or SEC title either. Ship has sailed.

They were maybe 4-5 plays from being 6-6 this year. NIL and locker room issues will take their toll, then Kiffin leaves. Enjoy the debacle the next few years.

Meh. Saw this type of post same time last year.

MBDawg601
01-04-2024, 12:54 PM

I agree with you. I watched them the two games they got blasted by Bama and UGA. It was not even close. They are FAR off from both of those teams, and you could argue that was a down year for both of the powers.

PMDawg
01-04-2024, 01:11 PM

+1

They have a good shot at the playoffs. Pros: They have a good team and a manageable (if not easy) schedule. Cons: Texas and Oklahoma are here, so now they have to fight Bama, UGA, Texas, Oklahoma, and maybe an upstart LSU or Auburn for 2 or 3 berths from the SEC.

Jacknut
01-04-2024, 01:26 PM
If he ends up leaving, that's a hard hit. Hard to replace that talent and production.

DownwardDawg
01-04-2024, 01:29 PM

They're going 8-4 or 9-3 next season. Which I would absolutely love as a State fan.
I'm hoping for 6 wins or more but I think Lebby has his sights set on much better than that.

BrunswickDawg
01-04-2024, 01:35 PM
I agree with you. I watched them the two games they got blasted by Bama and UGA. It was not even close. They are FAR off from both of those teams, and you could argue that was a down year for both of the powers.

Note that in '21 when they went 10-2, they finished #8 in the CFP poll. This year, better record of 10-2, they finished #11. Other people see it too. (Bowls aren't a part of the CFP poll)

Saltydog
01-04-2024, 02:38 PM

Two touchdowns isn't exactly what I would call blasted (Bama). UGA, now that's another story.

TheLostDawg
01-04-2024, 03:16 PM
+1

They have a good shot at the playoffs. Pros: They have a good team and a manageable (if not easy) schedule. Cons: Texas and Oklahoma are here, so now they have to fight Bama, UGA, Texas, Oklahoma, and maybe an upstart LSU or Auburn for 2 or 3 berths from the SEC.

That's the thing. They aren't going to have 4 sec teams in the playoff. Maybe three. Are they going to be the third best? Time will tell.

1bigdawg
01-04-2024, 03:23 PM
That's the thing. They aren't going to have 4 sec teams in the playoff. Maybe three. Are they going to be the third best? Time will tell.

Thinking about it, four SEC teams in the playoffs is possible. 6 conference champs (may be reduced to 5 since the PAC) with the 6 (or 7) highest ranks other teams. Right now, it is easy to see a situation where neither the ACC nor the Big 12 have more than one team which would mean the other 6 could come from just the SEC & BIG. This year, they would have made it.

Wink&aPrayer
01-04-2024, 03:31 PM
Live by the hired gun; die by the hired gun. Ask TAMU

Wink&aPrayer
01-04-2024, 03:32 PM
They're either building for an SEC championship in 24 or a house of cards.

viverlibre
01-04-2024, 04:02 PM
They're either building for an SEC championship in 24 or a house of cards.

May not win the SEC Championship and that's probably not their realistic goal, but may challenge for the 12 team playoff. They'd been in the conversation this year.

Count Istvan Teleky
01-04-2024, 04:19 PM
May not win the SEC Championship and that's probably not their realistic goal, but may challenge for the 12 team playoff. They'd been in the conversation this year.

... he's playing them. Has a lot of negotiation power on his side.

Msujd164
01-04-2024, 04:55 PM
I think he is absolutely gone. Dart posted an Instagram story that had the Tom Brady video where he was saying I have been around selfish people, you are so good, go play for the other team!

I think the drama story might be true

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2024, 04:59 PM
Their media would not be coming out with Judkins hit pieces if this was a OM staged flip. They would be wishing him well and telling their flock to not count out the great Lane Kiffin on bringing him back.

lastmajordog
01-04-2024, 05:30 PM
Their media would not be coming out with Judkins hit pieces if this was a OM staged flip. They would be wishing him well and telling their flock to not count out the great Lane Kiffin on bringing him back.

IMO.....it’s not about LK.....it’s about if some legal person wants to splash some of his frivolous lawsuit manna to impress the other legal person vipers....JMO

Pancho
01-04-2024, 06:40 PM
spent too much cash on portal guys and momma put her foot on down after the plains associate consultations

CaptainObvious
01-04-2024, 10:34 PM
He will not be the last……

He will not be missed.

CaptainObvious
01-04-2024, 10:48 PM

He gone! He asked to sit for the 2nd half of the Peach Bowl. They said no. He asked for more money again immediately after the Peach Bowl. They said no. He said bye!

parabrave
01-04-2024, 11:03 PM
Is Bently coming back? Thats the guy who beat us.

Todd4State
01-05-2024, 12:26 AM

I'm glad that they are doing that. It's not a good look at all especially in this era. "Come to Ole Miss and if you transfer out we'll drag you through the mud."

MSU certainly could have done the same with Malik Heath, Fabian Lovett, Jarrian Jones, or Kylin Hill among others. Fortunately we had the good sense to take the high road.

Todd4State
01-05-2024, 12:27 AM
He gone! He asked to sit for the 2nd half of the Peach Bowl. They said no. He asked for more money again immediately after the Peach Bowl. They said no. He said bye!

Yep. They're not going to drag him through the mud only to be like "Hey glad you're coming back!"

BrunswickDawg
01-05-2024, 07:05 AM
I'm glad that they are doing that. It's not a good look at all especially in this era. "Come to Ole Miss and if you transfer out we'll drag you through the mud."

MSU certainly could have done the same with Malik Heath, Fabian Lovett, Jarrian Jones, or Kylin Hill among others. Fortunately we had the good sense to take the high road.

Our fans spend enough energy dragging our players thru the mud when they are in the team; no bandwidth to muddy up those who leave.

Todd4State
01-05-2024, 07:28 AM
Our fans spend enough energy dragging our players thru the mud when they are in the team; no bandwidth to muddy up those who leave.

That's every teams fans. I'm talking about Kiffin dragging their guy through the mud after Judkins to my knowledge hasn't said anything publicly about leaving.

Maroonthirteen
01-05-2024, 09:00 AM
Talking to some Rebs I know last night.... wow. The nativety over the whole situation is off the charts. "He can't do that..."

Ha. Dude took that money last year but did not want to be there. Just goes to show, you can't buy friendship, love etc. He doesn't care about the square, the grove .... none of that garbage. He just took yalls money.

Offshore Dawg
01-05-2024, 09:02 AM
He will not be missed.

Disagree, he got tough yards and first downs when needed. But otherwise I don't give a shit.

Pancho
01-05-2024, 09:09 AM
surely the creative scripted play callers can adjust********

starkvegasdawg
01-05-2024, 09:49 AM

I think that catch and release tweet by Kiffin burned any bridges. That's as asshole a move as you can get.

confucius say
01-05-2024, 09:53 AM
I think that catch and release tweet by Kiffin burned any bridges. That's as asshole a move as you can get.

On brand for him

Saltydog
01-05-2024, 10:02 AM
For all the love he gave Mike Leach upon his passing there were many MSU fans saying what a stand up guy he was. He's a smartass pure and simple. It's just who he is and behaviors are hard to change.

Msujd164
01-05-2024, 10:08 AM
Lane is a 48 year old man with the maturity of a 14 year old boy. Some things he says and done are really strange. There is a reason Bama will never make him the head coach.

BuckyIsAB****
01-05-2024, 11:22 AM
Is Bently coming back? Thats the guy who beat us.

The yacht club beat us

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2024, 12:27 PM
Talking to some Rebs I know last night.... wow. The nativety over the whole situation is off the charts. "He can't do that..."

Ha. Dude took that money last year but did not want to be there. Just goes to show, you can't buy friendship, love etc. He doesn't care about the square, the grove .... none of that garbage. He just took yalls money.

Yea it is very strange. They are acting like it is akin with murder if it is done to them, but if they are the ones doing it then it is completely fine.

Dirty Dirk
01-05-2024, 01:20 PM
He was a great RB no doubt but if CFB is becoming like the NFL, you can't overpay at that position. Bad look on how they treated him on the way out for sure.

Todd4State
01-05-2024, 01:36 PM
Yea it is very strange. They are acting like it is akin with murder if it is done to them, but if they are the ones doing it then it is completely fine.

They have a major lack of awareness.

Of course think these players care about the Square and the Grove too.

Pancho
01-05-2024, 04:49 PM
Just being in those areas gives one a new accent and a grand impression of oneself...............