PDA

View Full Version : Judkins entering Transfer Portal

DesotoDog1967
01-04-2024, 11:30 AM
Just saw on Twitter

HoopsDawg
01-04-2024, 11:35 AM
When you pay big money on transfers, it's inevitable returning players are going to want their cut. It's like the real world, you typically have to change jobs to get paid more.

msstate7
01-04-2024, 11:39 AM
Hope someone makes them pay 2 million haha

msstate7
01-04-2024, 11:40 AM
When you pay big money on transfers, it's inevitable returning players are going to want their cut. It's like the real world, you typically have to change jobs to get paid more.

Maybe dart and Harris are next

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2024, 11:40 AM

I'll be interested on how much he is going to get on the open market. College football is going to be like the NFL and running backs don't get big money in the NFL, i'll be interested what he gets from AU or LSU. I know the bears were willing to pay a lot.

msstate7
01-04-2024, 11:41 AM
I'll be interested on how much he is going to get on the open market. College football is going to be like the NFL and running backs don't get big money in the NFL, i'll be interested what he gets from AU or LSU. I know the bears were willing to pay a lot.

Both teams Monday night are losing good RBs... maybe they drive up the price

DownwardDawg
01-04-2024, 11:41 AM

They'll get him back and crow about out bidding all the Blue bloods.

confucius say
01-04-2024, 11:43 AM
His camp has wanted more for a while. Not happy that dart and Nolan are getting more

confucius say
01-04-2024, 11:43 AM
They'll get him back and crow about out bidding all the Blue bloods.

Maybe. But that rship is fractured right now. Would take some rebuilding trust.

HoopsDawg
01-04-2024, 11:44 AM

Yeah, that's the Ole Miss company line right now. They aren't going to overpay for a RB. Makes sense as long as you have a comparable replacement.

msstate7
01-04-2024, 11:44 AM
His camp has wanted more for a while. Not happy that dart and Nolan are getting more

lol he dumb then... they worth more

msstate7
01-04-2024, 11:46 AM
Yeah, that's the Ole Miss company line right now. They aren't going to overpay for a RB. Makes sense as long as you have a comparable replacement.

Them being smart isn't what I'd like to see. They may go after jarquez Hunter... try to bring him back to Mississippi

confucius say
01-04-2024, 11:47 AM
lol he dumb then... they worth more

Dart certainly is. Nolan we will see. He's never been a game changer and has had motor issues.

confucius say
01-04-2024, 11:48 AM
Them being smart isn't what I'd like to see. They may go after jarquez Hunter... try to bring him back to Mississippi

If Hunter is not already in the portal then they can't. Spring portal guys can't transfer inside the conference I'm pretty sure.

GoDawgz
01-04-2024, 11:49 AM
another "hey look at me" , "give me some love" moment.
They will pay him and it will be celebrated how much he lamented that he didn't want to leave the Grove.

HancockCountyDog

If they can't find a replacement, that will hurt them. My guess is that he goes to AU for the money which is hilarious because looking at AU's schedule, they have an 8 win ceiling in my opinion.

confucius say
another "hey look at me" , "give me some love" moment.
They will pay him and it will be celebrated how much he lamented that he didn't want to leave the Grove.

I could be wrong. But I don't see that.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2024, 11:54 AM
I have told people this for over a month. His camp wants 1.5 and there is a team that will pay it.

msstate7
01-04-2024, 11:57 AM
If Hunter is not already in the portal then they can't. Spring portal guys can't transfer inside the conference I'm pretty sure.

Ahhhh.... didn't know that

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2024, 11:58 AM

I'm hearing he is gone for good. Hate to see it.

DesotoDog1967
01-04-2024, 12:07 PM
Colorado was a place I just saw mentioned

BigDawg81
01-04-2024, 12:14 PM
Just saw on Twitter
I was told that they paid Dart 1.2 mil to stay at Ole Miss

Coursesuper
The other back is just as good or better than him.

No BS Dawg
I'm hearing he is gone for good. Hate to see it.

OM friend of mine said he was expecting this. According to him, more going on over there than folks know and Judkins is not happy. He will have really nice opportunities coming his way from some real blue blood programs. I?d be very surprised if he went back to the plantation, but time will tell.

HoopsDawg
If they can't find a replacement, that will hurt them. My guess is that he goes to AU for the money which is hilarious because looking at AU's schedule, they have an 8 win ceiling in my opinion.

For sure. He converted a lot of short yardage situations for them. That's big. Especially as much as Kiffin goes for it.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2024, 12:19 PM
Colorado was a place I just saw mentioned

He is going to Auburn. It has been an open secret for close to 3 months.

GoDawgz
01-04-2024, 01:38 PM

well, if we are lucky, this could be the fuse that causes the implosion!

LC Dawg
01-04-2024, 01:40 PM
If Judkins is all they lose they still are in good shape for next year.
Also, Kiffin seems to be trolling Judkins with his Twitter posts but I don't know for sure because it's Twitter and it's Kiffin.

Pancho
01-04-2024, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure this is all a money issue. some teammates were fed up with him and pretty sure Dart asked for him to be benched during the peach bowl prep time. he almost left last year and they paid him dearly but he is a locker room problem. He's a mike Trigg but has actual talent.

BrunswickDawg
01-04-2024, 01:42 PM
He is going to Auburn. It has been an open secret for close to 3 months.

I was about to post that Rev. Danny Hugh was about to be hosting a Homecoming Tent Revival featuring a Judkins baptism. Your post is more succinct.

phatdog
01-04-2024, 01:45 PM
must not really be all in up there

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2024, 01:46 PM
For sure. He converted a lot of short yardage situations for them. That's big. Especially as much as Kiffin goes for it.

Hopefully they don't find a replacement. Good thing is that a lot of transfers have already committed and the portal has closed.

Dawgology
01-04-2024, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure this is all a money issue. some teammates were fed up with him and pretty sure Dart asked for him to be benched during the peach bowl prep time. he almost left last year and they paid him dearly but he is a locker room problem. He's a mike Trigg but has actual talent.

It’s interesting that you see this a lot on RB’s and WR’s. Guess it’s the mentality needed for those positions but it really seems common in those position groups.

Pancho
01-04-2024, 01:57 PM
NIL will only worsen it

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2024, 02:02 PM
Lets hope Bentley hops in the portal as well. He isn't a feature back, but it would certainly hurt them even more.

DawgNamedScuba
01-04-2024, 02:16 PM
Saw this scrolling through FB today

https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/415960891_10108073922297056_8610403638502210895_n. jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=c42490&_nc_ohc=ofkeuvKCut8AX-zLL4-&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfCNbuFsLCFeNv7cV9nlk2WTXAjIB-7ywbBYYcmRnDMq2A&oe=659CBA23

confucius say
01-04-2024, 02:34 PM
The other back is just as good or better than him.

Who? Bentley? Not even close. He is quick but He doesn't break tackles like judkins, whose yards after contact is high.

Saltydog
01-04-2024, 02:35 PM
Yep, he's upping the asking price. I've worked in management a number of years and people absolutely cannot keep their salaries confidential. Once that kind of information is vouched it's a domino effect and I've seen it get outta hand. Let's hope they keep running up their loans. One of these days, it will crash and people are going to eventually get tired of giving.

confucius say
01-04-2024, 02:38 PM

Uh no. It started with money when his camp during the season said they wanted double what he is getting for this past year. Then Mississippi spent millions on others and it pissed him off. That rship has been fractured since well before the peach bowl.

This locker room cancer garbage is them smearing the kid on the way out the door.

Pancho
01-04-2024, 02:45 PM
I have a close friend who's son has been a manager for 3 years and his story is on par with what I said but I agree that momma J anted mo monee

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Uh no. It started with money when his camp during the season said they wanted double what he is getting for this past year. Then Mississippi spent millions on others and it pissed him off. That rship has been fractured since well before the peach bowl.

This locker room cancer garbage is them smearing the kid on the way out the door.

He, and his camp, had already decided long before the Peach Bowl that he was gone. Now, maybe once OM realized that he was not coming back it became mutual. But the locker room stuff is also true as well.

Pancho
01-04-2024, 02:48 PM
freezes minions made contact and it went from there

confucius say
01-04-2024, 02:59 PM
He, and his camp, had already decided long before the Peach Bowl that he was gone. Now, maybe once OM realized that he was not coming back it became mutual. But the locker room stuff is also true as well.

The locker room stuff didn't start until the other stuff started. That's my point. He wasn't a locker room cancer until the relationship soured over money. You didn't hear anything about him being a locker room cancer last year or at any point until they stopped meeting his money demands. Was always about money.

Pancho
01-04-2024, 03:06 PM
He got 875K for the season and began asking for 1.5 round mid season in preparation for 2024 season. He thought he should be the highest paid NIL on the team regardless and thought it was stupid that the sharts paid for 4 QB's.

Coursesuper
01-04-2024, 03:35 PM
Who? Bentley? Not even close. He is quick but He doesn't break tackles like judkins, whose yards after contact is high.

He's a really good player.

RocketDawg
01-04-2024, 04:00 PM

It's getting further and further out of hand.

confucius say
01-04-2024, 04:16 PM
He's a really good player.

He's a good player. He's not judkins.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2024, 04:22 PM
The locker room stuff didn't start until the other stuff started. That's my point. He wasn't a locker room cancer until the relationship soured over money. You didn't hear anything about him being a locker room cancer last year or at any point until they stopped meeting his money demands. Was always about money.

Correct. The crux of everything was money. I had heard he wanted 1.5 and then was told by someone today that the number is now 1.8.

lastmajordog
01-04-2024, 04:23 PM
I think he ended with some yards but didn’t the DOGS keep him locked down for most of 3 quarters?

KB21
01-04-2024, 04:44 PM
Correct. The crux of everything was money. I had heard he wanted 1.5 and then was told by someone today that the number is now 1.8.

If any program is dumb enough to give a RB that much, be my guest. It's actually smart on OM part.

No BS Dawg
01-04-2024, 05:40 PM
The moral of this story is you cannot buy a team out of the portal. OM will remain solid with a winning record next year, but this will all catch up to them in the near future.

Coursesuper
01-04-2024, 05:54 PM
If any program is dumb enough to give a RB that much, be my guest. It's actually smart on OM part.

Auburn is that dumb, they always have been always will be. They have the worst case of little dick syndrome in the history of college football. Since John Heisman left there they have been chasing the bammers and it eats them alive daily.

StarkVegasSteve
01-04-2024, 06:08 PM
The moral of this story is you cannot buy a team out of the portal. OM will remain solid with a winning record next year, but this will all catch up to them in the near future.

They are going all in on 2024. They know all of this is a House of Cards. They know Kiffin is gone next year, Harris is gone year, Dart is gone year, etc. They realize this is their shot and kudos to them for pushing all their chips to the center. We have only, at least in my lifetime, had 2 chances to do that. 2014 and Dak played his worst game at Bama and 18 when we hired SloMo.

Pancho
01-04-2024, 06:42 PM
Auburn is that dumb, they always have been always will be. They have the worst case of little dick syndrome in the history of college football. Since John Heisman left there they have been chasing the bammers and it eats them alive daily.

does freeze have enough portal OL guys to protect the liberty QB and judkins?

mo7888
01-04-2024, 06:51 PM
They are going all in on 2024. They know all of this is a House of Cards. They know Kiffin is gone next year, Harris is gone year, Dart is gone year, etc. They realize this is their shot and kudos to them for pushing all their chips to the center. We have only, at least in my lifetime, had 2 chances to do that. 2014 and Dak played his worst game at Bama and 18 when we hired SloMo.

I may never get over the lost opportunity of 18...

LC Dawg
01-04-2024, 06:56 PM
Do teams' transfer portal rankings include players lost to the portal?

Coursesuper
01-04-2024, 07:13 PM
does freeze have enough portal OL guys to protect the liberty QB and judkins?

Freezus, will do whatever he has the $$$ to do. And he will lay on a double helping of biblical hypocrisy to go with it.

SailingDawg
01-04-2024, 07:50 PM

What would be your (everyone here) response if we gave Judkins the money and he came to Mississippi State next year?

SailingDawg
01-04-2024, 07:51 PM
Freezus, will do whatever he has the $$$ to do. And he will lay on a double helping of biblical hypocrisy to go with it.

Atlanta prostitutes are only 90 miles away, right? A little further than Memphis from Oxfart.

smootness
01-04-2024, 07:55 PM
What would be your (everyone here) response if we gave Judkins the money and he came to Mississippi State next year?

If we paid him over a million? I would hate that.

Judkins is good, but he averaged 4.3 ypc this year. That is not a difference maker.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-04-2024, 08:00 PM

Who is the RB and two high profile OL they are supposedly adding to this class? David Johnson sounded like his pants were about to burst on the radio.

confucius say
01-04-2024, 08:05 PM

I was told 1.5 also, which was roughly double 2023

Pancho
01-04-2024, 10:03 PM
Who is the RB and two high profile OL they are supposedly adding to this class? David Johnson sounded like his pants were about to burst on the radio.

an OL from UNC

lastmajordog
01-04-2024, 10:10 PM
del

ZedFedder
01-04-2024, 10:24 PM
Judkins had basically the exact same amount of carries this year as the previous season and gained 500 less yards. His average dropped a yard and a half.

BrunswickDawg
01-04-2024, 10:46 PM
Atlanta prostitutes are only 90 miles away, right? A little further than Memphis from Oxfart.

Columbus GA and Phenix City AL have plenty

Todd4State
01-05-2024, 12:32 AM
Judkins had basically the exact same amount of carries this year as the previous season and gained 500 less yards. His average dropped a yard and a half.

That's not too surprising considering he was a complete unknown as a freshman.

LC Dawg
01-05-2024, 10:22 AM
Judkins has 545 carries in two years. At that pace he would be over 800 carries next year. That's a lot of wear and tear before being drafted. There are top NFL running backs who don't have that many pro+college carries. I don't blame him for trying to get as much as he can with the system being set up this way. He may be better off sitting out a year and declaring for the draft.

StarkVegasSteve
01-05-2024, 12:25 PM

I know they think they are going to get McClellan from Bama as the RB. Do not know on the OL. And I would say even McClellan would be iffy because TCU is trying to throw around some big money this offseason and is involved with him as well.

PGHBulldogBG
01-05-2024, 12:29 PM
Judkins went from being the best RB in CFB to being a locker room cancer overnight. How interesting

DesotoDog1967
01-05-2024, 02:19 PM
Ole Miss DB Ladarius Tennison plans to enter the transfer portal

https://www.on3.com/college/ole-miss-rebels/news/ole-miss-db-ladarius-tennison-plans-to-enter-the-transfer-portal/

bulldawg28
01-05-2024, 04:40 PM
Judkins went from being the best RB in CFB to being a locker room cancer overnight. How interesting

Ole Miss is a master at spinning the narrative.

Cowbell
01-08-2024, 11:28 PM
Ole Miss is a master at spinning the narrative.

Yeah he's so bad, Ohio state came calling

Pancho
01-09-2024, 08:58 AM
He should have good comp for PT in their RB room so he'll probably shut the mouth and keep his head down and hope for a deep college playoff run.

BigDawg81
01-09-2024, 10:29 AM
Ole Miss is a master at spinning the narrative. That narrative was definitely created by Ole Miss. They could not have that they did not want to pay Judkins what he was asking. They went on to say how Bentley was better than Judkins. Crazy world in Oxford.

confucius say
01-09-2024, 12:06 PM
That narrative was definitely created by Ole Miss. They could not have that they did not want to pay Judkins what he was asking. They went on to say how Bentley was better than Judkins. Crazy world in Oxford.

And people on here fell for it.
He wasn't a locker room cancer when he was getting the money.

bulldawg28
01-09-2024, 12:36 PM
That narrative was definitely created by Ole Miss. They could not have that they did not want to pay Judkins what he was asking. They went on to say how Bentley was better than Judkins. Crazy world in Oxford.

Delusional world they live in.