PDA

View Full Version : LSU fires the Def Staff

parabrave
01-03-2024, 02:46 PM
Kelly trying to save his job. If he doesn't make the CFP he probably gone.

viverlibre
01-03-2024, 02:48 PM
Could have saved money by sending up on a tower to film practice during a hurricane.

chef dixon
01-03-2024, 02:51 PM
Barring a huge step back next year no way he gets fired. He may just want to bail on that experiment though

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2024, 03:02 PM
Kelly is fine. He is just firing the DC that cost him a spot in the playoff. What really is going to suck is if he hires a guy this week and then takes the Michigan job next week.

PGHBulldogBG
01-03-2024, 03:46 PM
Kelly is fine. He is just firing the DC that cost him a spot in the playoff. What really is going to suck is if he hires a guy this week and then takes the Michigan job next week.

I think Kelly is a good coach, but LSU fans do not have patience at all. I am sure they will be expecting to at the very least make the playoff next year with the expansion

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2024, 03:54 PM
I think Kelly is a good coach, but LSU fans do not have patience at all. I am sure they will be expecting to at the very least make the playoff next year with the expansion

Well I hate to tell them that will not happen. The drop off from Daniels to Nussmeir is a cliff and add that to losing Nabors and Thomas. Zavion will not replace that production

ScooterDog
01-03-2024, 04:00 PM
So, do U think Saban might fire his OC cause they lost? I wouldn?t be surprised. He?s got to blame it on somebody besides himself.

StarkVegasSteve
01-03-2024, 04:07 PM
So, do U think Saban might fire his OC cause they lost? I wouldn?t be surprised. He?s got to blame it on somebody besides himself.

No he will just go into the portal for a QB. The Jalen Milroe experience was a lot like the Blake Sims experience.

Pancho
01-03-2024, 04:24 PM
I still am amazed at how Bama didn't attack the 7-15 yard area behind the D. no mesh routes either.

parabrave
01-03-2024, 04:27 PM
No he will just go into the portal for a QB. The Jalen Milroe experience was a lot like the Blake Sims experience.

He might be going back to a more power type of Offense next year to where the entire O isn't leaning on the QB. People forget that Young carried that O for the past 2 years. Heck Young beat MSU practically by himself his last season.

LC Dawg
01-03-2024, 04:36 PM
I think Kelly is a good, but far from great, coach. I don't think he is built for the SEC. He likes to talk about accountability and discipline from his players on the field and in the classroom but I think he thinks the players are going to handle this for themselves when in reality he needs a large staff of people just to make sure the players are accountable and disciplined. These are not Notre Dame students he is now coaching.
He's also not well liked by former players which may mean nothing but some have spoken openly about it.
Beating Bama and winning the West last year definitely bought him some good favor but he has lost 7 games (6 regular season) in the last two years with a Heisman winning quarterback. Their has to be some concern by LSU fans who aren't the most realistic people.
The Ole Miss game at home next year is a big game for Kelly. If he loses two in a row to Ole Miss the tiger fans will look at that as Ole Miss surpassing them and they will not like it.

confucius say
01-03-2024, 07:49 PM
He overachieved year 1.
Underachieved year 2.
Did not sign a top 10 class this cycle, which is horrible for lsu.
He goes 8-4 next year, which I think he will, and he's in trouble.
Should take the Michigan job to reset his clock.

SPMT
01-03-2024, 07:53 PM
He overachieved year 1.
Underachieved year 2.

So, Harbaugh is leaving?

msstate7
01-03-2024, 07:55 PM
He overachieved year 1.
Underachieved year 2.

https://i.postimg.cc/g0CjDTDX/IMG-4244.jpg (https://postimg.cc/1gKyRMbs)

confucius say
01-03-2024, 08:12 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/g0CjDTDX/IMG-4244.jpg (https://postimg.cc/1gKyRMbs)

He was 11 two days ago. Good for him.

Schultzy
01-03-2024, 08:28 PM
Harbaugh to pros.
Kelly to Michigan.

Coach34
01-03-2024, 09:10 PM
He overachieved year 1.
Underachieved year 2.

LSU did not underachieve this year. They lacked defensive talent

BigDawg81
01-03-2024, 09:50 PM
LSU did not underachieve this year. They lacked defensive talentand coaching

confucius say
01-03-2024, 11:16 PM
LSU did not underachieve this year. They lacked defensive talent

They were picked both by pollsters and the computers to finish higher than they finished. Call it what you will.

Coach34
01-04-2024, 12:09 AM
We finished where we picked this year and people lost their minds- we even fired the coach. Call it what you will

SpaceBully
01-04-2024, 02:30 AM
Kelly trying to save his job. If he doesn't make the CFP he probably gone.

...becoming impatient like Florida fans?

Todd4State
01-04-2024, 02:33 AM
I think Kelly is a good, but far from great, coach. I don't think he is built for the SEC. He likes to talk about accountability and discipline from his players on the field and in the classroom but I think he thinks the players are going to handle this for themselves when in reality he needs a large staff of people just to make sure the players are accountable and disciplined. These are not Notre Dame students he is now coaching.
He's also not well liked by former players which may mean nothing but some have spoken openly about it.
Beating Bama and winning the West last year definitely bought him some good favor but he has lost 7 games (6 regular season) in the last two years with a Heisman winning quarterback. Their has to be some concern by LSU fans who aren't the most realistic people.
The Ole Miss game at home next year is a big game for Kelly. If he loses two in a row to Ole Miss the tiger fans will look at that as Ole Miss surpassing them and they will not like it.

Louisiana kids will play for LSU no matter how big of an asshole the coach is.

I agree with you about Ole Miss- and I think LSU will win that game. It has all the makings of a night game in Death Valley.

Kelly is safe for now. It won't be hard for them to upgrade their defense.

Pancho
01-04-2024, 08:07 AM
is the Mizzou DC heading to LSU?

confucius say
01-04-2024, 08:59 AM
We finished where we picked this year and people lost their minds- we even fired the coach. Call it what you will

Not sure your point or what that has to do with LSU finishing under its projections, but regardless We finished under our projections as well. The models had us at 6.5 wins.