chef dixon
01-01-2024, 09:41 PM
Texas can't handle the UW pass catchers so far

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2024, 09:42 PM
Hook ?Em

LC Dawg
01-01-2024, 09:50 PM
Gonna definitely be more offense than tonight's first game. I'm pulling for Dillon Johnson and Washington.
Penix is by far the best qb in the final four.

R2Dawg
01-01-2024, 09:50 PM
And not one mention of Dillion Johnson as the transfer from Mississippi State? We should get some pub out of this somehow, everyone else does.

DJ with 2 TDs so far.

msstate7
01-01-2024, 09:54 PM
I can remember there being talk that Johnson making a mistake. Yeah...

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2024, 10:02 PM
I can remember there being talk that Johnson making a mistake. Yeah...

Oh it definitely worked out for him. It doesnt make it right. Some folks who rob banks get away with it. He does have a kid and if thats why he left it?s understandable. But that isn?t what I was told why he left

DownwardDawg
01-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Washington gonna be real surprised at their QB situation next season. I like Will but damn Penix (sp??) is awesome.

msstate7
01-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Washington gonna be real surprised at their QB situation next season. I like Will but damn Penix (sp??) is awesome.

He has an awful windup but he gets the ball there unbelievably

HoopsDawg
01-01-2024, 10:13 PM
Texas punting 4 times vs this trash D is a joke. 2nd down play calling has been awful.

LC Dawg
01-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Penix is fun to watch.

KOdawg1
01-01-2024, 10:31 PM
Going from Penix to Rogers will be like going from a Harley to a bicycle

Catfish
01-01-2024, 10:32 PM
Penix is fun to watch.

He should have a Heisman on his dresser.

msstate7
01-01-2024, 10:33 PM
He should have a Heisman on his dresser.

Daniels was better.

Catfish
01-01-2024, 10:35 PM
Daniels was better.

Is Daniels in the stadium?

LC Dawg
01-01-2024, 10:40 PM
Daniels was better.

I agree that Daniels was great and you can't say he didn't deserve it but what sucks about Penix not getting enough credit is that he beat Oregon twice and if Oregon had won one of those games Bo Nix would have a Heisman.

StarkVegasSteve
01-01-2024, 10:41 PM
Penix has made 5 or 6 throws tonight that Rogers could not make if his life depended on it. That is not a knock on Will. It is just the difference in a 1st Round pick and a guy who will be lucky to be drafted.

Washington fans have no clue the drop off that is upcoming for them at the QB position.

CaptainObvious
01-01-2024, 10:42 PM
Amazing the exhilaration fans get from someone scoring Touchdowns.

StarkVegasSteve
01-01-2024, 10:43 PM

We did not get that exhilaration a whole lot this year so I would be acting the exact same way tbh.

msstate7
01-01-2024, 10:48 PM

Is it a team award or an individual award?

msstate7
01-01-2024, 10:55 PM
I agree that Daniels was great and you can't say he didn't deserve it but what sucks about Penix not getting enough credit is that he beat Oregon twice and if Oregon had won one of those games Bo Nix would have a Heisman.

That's probably true, but it would be a shame... Daniels had a 208.passer rating. How good is that?

Tua 199.4
Burrow 201.9
Mac jones 203.6
Stroud 186.5

Nix was 186.2 this season, and penix was 161.2 this season. Daniels set the all time record this season

parabrave
Penix has made 5 or 6 throws tonight that Rogers could not make if his life depended on it. That is not a knock on Will. It is just the difference in a 1st Round pick and a guy who will be lucky to be drafted.

Washington fans have no clue the drop off that is upcoming for them at the QB position.

Will won't start for them.

LC Dawg

Isn't that kinda the point of being a fan?

LC Dawg
01-01-2024, 11:12 PM
That's probably true, but it would be a shame... Daniels had a 208.passer rating. How good is that?

Tua 199.4
Burrow 201.9
Mac jones 203.6
Stroud 186.5

Nix was 186.2 this season, and penix was 161.2 this season. Daniels set the all time record this season

Oh, I agree. I'm curious to see which of the three has the best pro career.
I work with a lot of LSU fans and they understandably celebrated Daniels winning the Heisman but they don't like me asking how a coach as great as Kelly has lost 7 games in two years with a Heisman winning quarterback.

DownwardDawg
01-01-2024, 11:51 PM
Will won't start for them.

I don't think so either.

DownwardDawg
01-01-2024, 11:54 PM

Daniels had a much better season. He deservedly won the heisman.

DownwardDawg
01-01-2024, 11:57 PM
Washington toying with them now. Lol

parabrave
01-02-2024, 12:15 AM
Oh, I agree. I'm curious to see which of the three has the best pro career.
I work with a lot of LSU fans and they understandably celebrated Daniels winning the Heisman but they don't like me asking how a coach as great as Kelly has lost 7 games in two years with a Heisman winning quarterback.

Depends on which team they go to. Look ar Young. He has been a disaster. Put him with Sean Payton and he would be a superstar. I think Pennix is more NFL ready right now.

ZedFedder
01-02-2024, 12:25 AM
Perhaps Will is going there to study under Grubb and DeBoer in prep for his coaching career because there is no way he can run this offense.

Todd4State
01-02-2024, 12:27 AM
The biggest thing Will struggles with is deciding to throw it deep. The receiver almost has to be wide ass open with no one around him for him to pull the trigger.

I don't think that can be coached out of him after four years.

ZedFedder
01-02-2024, 12:29 AM
The biggest thing Will struggles with is deciding to throw it deep. The receiver almost has to be wide ass open with no one around him for him to pull the trigger.

I don't think that can be coached out of him after four years.

You are correct. I think a lot of that comes with his lack of arm strength. He knows he cannot fit it in tight windows or go very deep. It has to be perfect.

LC Dawg
01-02-2024, 12:37 AM
Why the **** would they have Dillon Johnson in there at this point when he's been banged up?

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 12:41 AM
Why the **** would they have Dillon Johnson in there at this point when he's been banged up?

Stupid. And he looked really hurt.
Now they about to give Texas a great chance to win.

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 12:43 AM
Texas about to win. Crazy finish

Quaoarsking
01-02-2024, 12:52 AM
Texas about to win. Crazy finish

Not so fast my friend!

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 12:52 AM
Great finish! Glad Washington held on.

CFP committee got it right this year.

LC Dawg
01-02-2024, 12:53 AM
Great game. Poor clock management by Washington at the end. I hope DJ is ok and can play in the championship game.
Offense vs Defense in the championship game. Hope it's a good one.

Todd4State
01-02-2024, 01:02 AM
You are correct. I think a lot of that comes with his lack of arm strength. He knows he cannot fit it in tight windows or go very deep. It has to be perfect.

I don't think it's arm strength as much as it is mental.

ZedFedder
01-02-2024, 01:09 AM

I think the lack of arm strength causes some of the mental issues. They are linked.

Mjoelner34
01-02-2024, 08:08 AM

Remember, Tyler Russell had a cannon and wouldn't throw guys open. He would unload deep but not unless he saw 2 yds of separation.

KB21
01-02-2024, 09:58 AM
There is no defense for an elite passing game. Washington has an elite passing game. Michigan doesn't throw it well enough to keep pace with them.

msstate7
01-02-2024, 10:00 AM
There is no defense for an elite passing game. Washington has an elite passing game. Michigan doesn't throw it well enough to keep pace with them.

Michigan is gonna beat em up

chef dixon
01-02-2024, 11:02 AM

Maybe, but I think its time we stop acting like Washington isn't elite because they are Washington. And just because Michigan beat an overrated Alabama team doesn't mean they are validated

dawgday166
01-02-2024, 11:05 AM

Yea they will. Michigan D too fast, too physical. Their D line owned the LOS last night. Their secondary was on Bama WRs like white on rice.

Elite Ds hardly lose. Especially teams that give up less than 10 a game, regardless of conference (as long as it's a P5 conference). That's how Nattys are won.

Look at 2018 when we were 1/2 with Clemson on Scoring and Total D. Tua and Bama were lighting everyone up that Bama played. However, their score in reality against us was 10-7 (1st 2 Bama TDs actually were stopped by Bama fumbles that weren't reviewed, and we had the phantom block in the back TD called back). Tua only had aroudn 167 yds passing or something like that. That was in T-Town too. Then Bama played Clemson in title game and Clemson destroyed them 44-16.

I actually thought Michigan might win last night because of that, without having watched them all year long. Their special teams did try to give it away tho.

I think Washington might score around 24 tho, but they won't score 30. And they might score 20 or less. Michigan doesn't have Clemson's 2018 offense but they'll score 28 or 30 at least against UDub.

I will add that Texas should've won based on D stats last night. But then I heard Herbie say that Washington's back end D had several injuries all year long and now they are finally healthy.

ETA: I will also add that if UDub's D is really that much better than their stats, they could maybe stop Michigan too and win a low score 20-17 game or something like that. UDub's D played good last night, but not that good IMO.

msstate7
01-02-2024, 11:08 AM
Maybe, but I think it's time we stop acting like Washington isn't elite because they are Washington. And just because Michigan beat an overrated Alabama team doesn't mean they are validated

They're really good or they wouldn't be there. Still, Michigan is better

parabrave
01-02-2024, 11:15 AM
They're really good or they wouldn't be there. Still, Michigan is better

And Harbaugh gots cheating down to a science. I swear either Milroe was giving the play away or Mich knew their signs because half the time they were in the backfield before Milroe could set up/

dawgday166
01-02-2024, 11:19 AM
And Harbaugh gots cheating down to a science. I swear either Milroe was giving the play away or Mich knew their signs because half the time they were in the backfield before Milroe could set up/

LOL ... Michigan has an extremely good D. If they had an O like Clemson in 2018 it would've been a beat down. Bama ST (punting and FGs) kept it close. Michigan ST almost lost it for them.

ETA: Not only that, Harbaugh is an extremely smart coach.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-02-2024, 11:24 AM

Love seeing Bama dominated on the LOS.

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 01:11 PM
Love seeing Bama dominated on the LOS.

Imagine what Michigan would have done to Georgia as bad as Alabama dominated them on both LOS!!

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 01:13 PM
Maybe, but I think its time we stop acting like Washington isn't elite because they are Washington. And just because Michigan beat an overrated Alabama team doesn't mean they are validated

I get the Bama hate, but I don't understand the overrated comment. They manhandled Georgia a couple weeks ago. The team that everyone thought was the best team in the country. I think you saw the best 4 teams play yesterday.

smootness
01-02-2024, 01:43 PM
I get the Bama hate, but I don't understand the overrated comment. They manhandled Georgia a couple weeks ago. The team that everyone thought was the best team in the country. I think you saw the best 4 teams play yesterday.

Because they are. They are still very good, no doubt, but they are not a typical Bama team. That same team basically lost to Auburn, was up 7 on USF late in the 4th, barely beat A&M and Arkansas, etc.

R2Dawg
01-02-2024, 01:43 PM
Imagine what Michigan would have done to Georgia as bad as Alabama dominated them on both LOS!!

Maybe but transitive properties don't work.

Aub pushed Bama around and Aub got pushed around by Maryland. UGA would have been fine.

dawgday166
01-02-2024, 02:21 PM

Bama is pretty good without a doubt.

Not sure where you're getting that Bama dominated Ga tho. Maybe in 2nd quarter some.

GA had more yds with fewer plays and less TOP than Bama did. It is close and about equal tho.

Last night same story, but bigger gap in total yds between Michigan and Bama.

parabrave
01-02-2024, 02:32 PM
Because they are. They are still very good, no doubt, but they are not a typical Bama team. That same team basically lost to Auburn, was up 7 on USF late in the 4th, barely beat A&M and Arkansas, etc.

This had to be the least talented Saban era Bama team. I know that Bama was hit hard with the transfer portal but heck I can't believe Milroe was their best option at QB this year. Also they had to play a Freshman at LT and he got manhandled the entire game as well as the center/ No wonder Nick has been butching about the TP the entire year. He may be the catalyst this offseason as well as some of the other programs that bring back saneness to the TP. And to add this was probably the best coaching job that Saban has done.

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 04:40 PM

I think so too. That D line is legit.

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 04:42 PM
Bama is pretty good without a doubt.

Not sure where you're getting that Bama dominated Ga tho. Maybe in 2nd quarter some.

GA had more yds with fewer plays and less TOP than Bama did. It is close and about equal tho.

Last night same story, but bigger gap in total yds between Michigan and Bama.

Bama kept pressure on the QB and stayed in the backfield the entire game. When Bama committed to the run, Georgia couldn't stop it. Several of us commented about how much more physical Bama was than Georgia. People are just blinded by their Bama hate. I understand.

dawgday166
01-02-2024, 06:14 PM
Bama kept pressure on the QB and stayed in the backfield the entire game. When Bama committed to the run, Georgia couldn't stop it. Several of us commented about how much more physical Bama was than Georgia. People are just blinded by their Bama hate. I understand.

I try to call it square. I hate Bama but not so much I won't credit them when due.

Georgia had 4 sacks and 8 TFL. Bama had 2 and 7. Not sure what game you were watching LOL.

Bama didn't dominate by any stretch IMO. At least not like Michigan did last night. Michigan had 5 sacks at the half. I did think Bama had upper hand in 2nd and part of 3rd qtr against Ga, but overall it was a wash IMO.

And if refs review 4th down completion before half, Michigan would've been playing Texas last night.

DownwardDawg
01-02-2024, 07:40 PM
I try to call it square. I hate Bama but not so much I won't credit them when due.

Georgia had 4 sacks and 8 TFL. Bama had 2 and 7. Not sure what game you were watching LOL.

Bama didn't dominate by any stretch IMO. At least not like Michigan did last night. Michigan had 5 sacks at the half. I did think Bama had upper hand in 2nd and part of 3rd qtr against Ga, but overall it was a wash IMO.

And if refs review 4th down completion before half, Michigan would've been playing Texas last night.

I watched the game with a lot of people. I guess we were all wrong. Stats seldom tell the story. Bama was much more physical than Georgia. It was clear and obvious.

dawgday166
01-02-2024, 08:53 PM
I watched the game with a lot of people. I guess we were all wrong. Stats seldom tell the story. Bama was much more physical than Georgia. It was clear and obvious.

I thought there was an ebb and flow to it. There was a period in game where it did look like what you describe. But overall Ga had their times too when they were controlling the LOS. If Bama had an overall edge as you describe it was very slight IMO. Not like last night.

I also think Ga/Kirby don't usually play/coach their best when playing Bama.