PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see the Gameday sign held up by an Ohio State fan?

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 11:49 AM
AU???24
MSU 20

Drugdog
12-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes. We should show how many times the SEC has beaten them.....but that would be a big ass sign.

hacker
12-07-2013, 01:27 PM
No. I don't get it.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Was he taking a slight at us?

I can't figure out why there is a perception out there that we suck. It's like everyone in the country completely ignores when we play Alabama as well as anyone, hold OK State to 20 points, etc...

Never been able to figure this out.

Heck, we beat OM, but there is still probably this perception that OM is a good team and we suck.

Will James
12-07-2013, 01:34 PM

I can't figure out why there is a perception out there that we suck. It's like everyone in the country completely ignores when we play Alabama as well as anyone, hold OK State to 20 points, etc...

Heck, we beat OM, but there is still probably this perception that OM is a good team and we suck.

Well we haven't pulled a huge upset lately and outside of Bama we haven't played a big time team very well lately either. No real big ESPN highlight games for anyone to remember us by.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Well we haven't pulled a huge upset lately and outside of Bama we haven't played a big time team very well lately either. No real big ESPN highlight games for anyone to remember us by.

Yea, I get this, but it seems like it would only take about 2 or 3 minutes of research to realize that we absolutely don't suck.

IDK, it just seems like a media punchline that has no basis at all, and fans just ride that bandwagon without thinking at all.

K9 Avenger
12-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Would LOVE to see how the Buckeyes would fare playing our schedule....7 wins, 8 maybe?

HoopsDawg
12-07-2013, 01:54 PM
No. I don't get it.

They were saying AU shouldn't be considered over Ohio State b/c AU only beat MState 24-20. People just see a 6-6 team and don't realize our worse loss was probably Texas A&M on the road.

I guess they forgot MState rolled Michigan a few years ago. It's just too bad we laid such an Egg against Northwestern last year. That was probably the most disappointing performance we have had under Mullen. Came out totally flat.

curmudgeon
12-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Its the thing that Ole Miss has done a much better job than us on. We are only one of six SEC teams to go to 4 straight bowls, played the toughest schedule in the nation, yet we suck. Ole Miss has a good recruiting class and a 7-5 record and they are on the upswing.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Its the thing that Ole Miss has done a much better job than us on. We are only one of six SEC teams to go to 4 straight bowls, played the toughest schedule in the nation, yet we suck. Ole Miss has a good recruiting class and a 7-5 record and they are on the upswing.

THIS

I wish Scott would address how he is looking into fixing this perception problem because it probably really affects our out of state recruiting in a negative way.

Strick is PR/Marketing guy, so finding solutions to this type of perception problem should be right up his alley. It's a question that people need ask him and he needs to be transparent about.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-07-2013, 02:51 PM

What are you talking about, all the highly rated draft prospects highlights will be plays against us.**

Political Hack
12-07-2013, 04:02 PM
our last game against Michigan... won by 30+

OSU's last game against michigan... won by one.

Bothrops
12-07-2013, 04:07 PM

People are ignorant.