PDA

View Full Version : One Thing

Todd4State
12-31-2023, 03:05 PM
I was watching the Peach Bowl and they were talking about how Dart and Harris spent time in the offseason throwing to each other in California.

How come you NEVER hear about that with MSU QB's and WR's in the offseason?

The biggest reason I'm bringing that up is because that's how you build a lot of rapport with your receivers and it really helps your passing game. If I was a football coach at MSU I would make it mandatory that our receivers and QB's do this in the offseason.

It's a little thing- but just wanted to get it off my chest.

RockyDog
12-31-2023, 03:22 PM
I’m sure our receivers had no interest giving up their summers to catch 5 yard passes

parabrave
12-31-2023, 03:29 PM
I?m sure our receivers had no interest giving up their summers to catch 5 yard passes

Well thats a good point. And was Dart back in Cali or Oxfort? Come on out to Cali and enjoy the sights is a good way to spend your summer.

DownwardDawg
12-31-2023, 03:51 PM
I was watching the Peach Bowl and they were talking about how Dart and Harris spent time in the offseason throwing to each other in California.

The biggest reason I'm bringing that up is because that's how you build a lot of rapport with your receivers and it really helps your passing game. If I was a football coach at MSU I would make it mandatory that our receivers and QB's do this in the offseason.

As a State fan I heard this many years. Many. Dak, Tyler Russel, etc....... I can't remember all the exact names but this was talked about many times during off-season in the past.

Todd4State
12-31-2023, 04:10 PM
I’m sure our receivers had no interest giving up their summers to catch 5 yard passes

So you're saying we should have spent that time handing the ball off?

Todd4State
12-31-2023, 04:11 PM
As a State fan I heard this many years. Many. Dak, Tyler Russel, etc....... I can't remember all the exact names but this was talked about many times during off-season in the past.

I could see Dak doing it. There is a reason why he is where he is now. That's the level of intensity you need to be successful at a high level.

Coursesuper
12-31-2023, 04:20 PM

Who paid for that? SoCal ain’t free.

smootness
12-31-2023, 04:21 PM
I am pretty sure most QBs do this with at least some WRs. It is not unique or special.

BuckyIsAB****
12-31-2023, 04:31 PM
They do do it.

defiantdog
12-31-2023, 04:41 PM
I could see Dak doing it. There is a reason why he is where he is now. That's the level of intensity you need to be successful at a high level.
Dak built a football field in his backyard and him and CeeDee practice there all the time now.

Todd4State
12-31-2023, 04:51 PM
I am pretty sure most QBs do this with at least some WRs. It is not unique or special.

It's just curious to me how we never seem to hear about it with MSU though.

R2Dawg
12-31-2023, 05:06 PM
So you're saying we should have spent that time handing the ball off?

If we can't do that effectively then yeah.

Back to your OP. It was game 13 in a bowl game before you heard that about OM players. When you suck, no one cares that you had a few players playing pitch and catch. But some of our players/leaders are playing on their phones at half time so not like I'd expect much in the summer off.

R2Dawg
12-31-2023, 05:08 PM

Like other poster said, not real exciting news to hear about Will doing a dump down for 5 yards and you only hear that kinda stuff about teams that win.

DLGDawg
12-31-2023, 06:14 PM

I read where Shapen and one of our portal receivers have already started working together.

Op4isabitch
12-31-2023, 06:18 PM
I read where Shapen and one of our portal receivers have already started working together.

I have a really good feeling about Shapen. He was targeted immediately by Lebby. Watching his film he seems like a baller.
So seeing what you wrote gives me some hope that this group is going to work out just fine.

Todd4State
12-31-2023, 06:22 PM
Like other poster said, not real exciting news to hear about Will doing a dump down for 5 yards and you only hear that kinda stuff about teams that win.

One thing I do hear about especially with Moorhead and Arnett are things about how our S&C all of a sudden becomes lax and that the practices aren't as intense.

I do think that a big root cause of our lack of success comes down to not working hard enough as a team. And that stems from the head coach position.

Todd4State
12-31-2023, 06:22 PM

That's what I want to hear! We'll see if it pays off in 2024.

R2Dawg
01-01-2024, 10:12 AM
One thing I do hear about especially with Moorhead and Arnett are things about how our S&C all of a sudden becomes lax and that the practices aren't as intense.

I do think that a big root cause of our lack of success comes down to not working hard enough as a team. And that stems from the head coach position.

Can agree on Moorhead, not sure about Arnett. Arnett brought back the South farm fall camp compared to Moorhead and the water park. Hard to judge what is seen in public; I'm not at practice. Will hung out with Walley but so what.

bulldawg28
01-01-2024, 10:40 AM
Qb's, WR'S, DB's, and occasionally LB's do drills and routes against each other all summer and off season everywhere.

Coach34
01-01-2024, 11:24 AM
Qb's, WR'S, DB's, and occasionally LB's do drills and routes against each other all summer and off season everywhere.

yeah- every QB in the country throws to the WR's in the summer now. Even in high school. It's mandatory and they run their plays. It's why it didnt matter about Leach not having a Spring practice. His 7 on 7 offense spent the summer running their 6 plays over and over.

All TV did was try to make a cool story out of Dart going home for a week in the summer and the WR went home with him. Big deal

parabrave
01-01-2024, 11:33 AM
yeah- every QB in the country throws to the WR's in the summer now. Even in high school. It's mandatory and they run their plays. It's why it didnt matter about Leach not having a Spring practice. His 7 on 7 offense spent the summer running their 6 plays over and over.

All TV did was try to make a cool story out of Dart going home for a week in the summer and the WR went home with him. Big deal

Well if his mom was there out on the beach then it would be worth it. Or any other Cali Blonde surfer chick

BuckyIsAB****
01-01-2024, 12:07 PM

Hahahahhahahaha

bulldawg28
01-01-2024, 08:29 PM

Yep, there was nothing special about it.