PDA

View Full Version : I'm not against the Compass Bowl

curmudgeon
12-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Look we were 6-6. Personally, I'm against 6-6 teams bowling but it is what it is.

I really like the Compass Bowl, especially if South Florida beats Rutgers. We'd likely get North Carolina. I'd much rather play a 6-6 UNC team than a 10-3 Marshall team.

preachermatt83
12-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I wish we were playing in the Compass Bowl.. For selfish reasons, I will not be able to go to the Liberty.

preachermatt83
12-07-2013, 11:31 AM
I wish we were playing in the Compass Bowl.. For selfish reasons, I will not be able to go to the Liberty.

should have read "For Selfish reasons BECAUSE I will not be able to go to the Liberty"

Pollodawg
12-07-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm straight with the Compass. I am glad we're bowling period, just to be honest.

BulldogDX55
12-07-2013, 11:49 AM
should have read "For Selfish reasons BECAUSE I will not be able to go to the Liberty"

You can use the edit button to correct that in the future!

Hypnodawg
12-07-2013, 12:01 PM
I've been to the Liberty. Never going back. The two times I went were the two least enjoyable bowl games I've ever attended. If it is the Compass I'll go and bring the entire family. And I would love to play UNC.

preachermatt83
12-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I've been to the Liberty. Never going back. The two times I went were the two least enjoyable bowl games I've ever attended. If it is the Compass I'll go and bring the entire family. And I would love to play UNC.

I have been to Liberty once and it sucked bad. I agree about Compass though, If we end up there my family will spend the weekend in B'Ham.

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2013, 12:31 PM
I have been to Liberty once and it sucked bad. I agree about Compass though, If we end up there my family will spend the weekend in B'Ham.

I don't get the Liberty Bowl hate. That place will be packed maroon. Marshall/Rice wil be competitive, but we should be able to handle them. It's in a favorable time slot, and is annually one of ESPN's highest-rated bowl games.

I'm just happy we are going bowling. But if I had a choice of bowl games between the two, it's the Liberty Bowl, and it's not even remotely close.

TheRef
12-07-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't get the Liberty Bowl hate. That place will be packed maroon. Marshall/Rice wil be competitive, but we should be able to handle them. It's in a favorable time slot, and is annually one of ESPN's highest-rated bowl games.

I'm just happy we are going bowling. But if I had a choice of bowl games between the two, it's the Liberty Bowl, and it's not even remotely close.

Rice is leading 14-0 with 8 minutes left in the first.

thf24
12-07-2013, 12:37 PM

I agree. I understand the reasons for not liking the Liberty Bowl, but aside from distance, those with said reasons are going to like the Compass Bowl even less.

civildawg
12-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I would rather go to liberty because it's New Year's Eve and you can basically kill 2 birds with one stone. I hate that the compass is after New Years

FlabLoser
12-07-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm in the upper 1/3 of the Bulldog Club and I got endzone seats in the last Liberty Bowl. No thanks.

A plus for the Compass is that you can fly recruits to that game.

AlSwearengen
12-07-2013, 01:03 PM
give me the best opportunity to get to 7-6. There is a huge psychological difference between 7-6 and 6-7. And hell, birmingham bowls lead to never before seen recruiting success.

rcsteph1
12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I've been in Birmingham for the past 3.5 years. There is a lot to do. A lot of good local bars and places to eat. If you can look past the location of the stadium and how bad the stadium is it will be a good time.

Political Hack
12-07-2013, 01:21 PM

only if they're coming from the under armour game though. everyone else has to walk.

TheRef
12-07-2013, 01:23 PM
only if they're coming from the under armour game though. everyone else has to walk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0

preachermatt83
12-07-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm in the upper 1/3 of the Bulldog Club and I got endzone seats in the last Liberty Bowl. No thanks.

Me too, I was TICKED!

DAWGS1
12-07-2013, 03:04 PM
And the game being played at Noon, all of the fans will be long gone before sundown. I've been to Legion Field the last 2-3 yrs for a UAB night game and its not that bad to begin with.
There is a lot of good bars and restaurants in Bham and you don't have to go downtown-5 Points area to find them.

Coach34
12-07-2013, 03:58 PM
I've had some of the best times of my life in BHam. Used to go to the Nike football coaching clinic there just about every year. Some great little neighborhood bars to play in.