Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
It will be interesting to see things go at Arkansas for Wes.

I'm curious if the problem wasn't necessarily Wes' system but maybe because we went from Butch's conservative system and immediately dove into Wes' aggressive system and then went back down Henderson's conservative system.

I'm curious if Wes being hired late in the year last year didn't give our pitchers time "work" into it. Maybe we were like an out of shape man that tried to run a marathon too fast. There's nothing wrong with running a marathon but running one before your ready could be problematic. The running one and backing the program all the way down to Henderson's style may not have helped either.

Just saying, let's keep an eye on Arkansas. Not just this year but long term. See if their TJs go up over the next 3-5 years or fall. I know that's boring, but it's the best perspective to view this if you actually want the best answer.

If you going to blame Wes, that's fine, but also admit that he came in at a funny time of year and followed a coach with a completely different style.
Might be the case but Wes is like the trainer pushing the guy to run fast until he blows out his knee then can't run the marathon. Wes had to know how hard to push someone if you are going to use a somewhat dangerous training method.