Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If You Were A Top QB Prospect, Would You Consider Bama?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    That shite was still funny, tho.... c'mon mane!
    If I could have given you rep, I would have as it took me a minute to get what you were referring to. I need to spread the rep around, so couldn't acknowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This thread has lasted almost 2 days. Amazing.
    MSUDAWGFAN thinks this is a subject that can actually be proven either correct or incorrect, yet fails to realize it's all subjective. Every 5* QB is different, as they all have different motives that drive them (playing time, winning , money, girls, etc.) Saban's track record does not prove or disprove whether he can "develop" NFL QBs. Hell, Quan and Engram made the league out of Ole Miss only knowing 3 routes. Some kids are athletic freaks and will succeed (aka get drafted) regardless of college coaching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDAWGFAN View Post
    There you go, just making stuff up like other posters. Just stop. It doesn't help your case.
    Your interrogatives were as follows:

1) How is the NFL career going for the QBs that were there during Winston's FSU career? Was it Sims and Coker?
    Answer: "It was Sims (2014) and he had a shot in the CFL.... not sure if he's still playing..." (Winston's and Sims's last year was 2014)

2) How many yards did they pass for last year?
    Answer: 2014 Yards/Attempt: Sims 8.9; Winston 8.5

3) What was their QB rating this last year?
    Answer: 2014 Passer Rtg: Sims ~158; Winston ~146

Added Bonus Stats from their last year (2014):
    Completion %: Sims ~65%; Winston ~65%
    TDs: Sims 28; Winston 25
    INTs: Sims 10; Winston 18 (congrats, your guy won a category)

and Winston threw the ball a lot more than Sims, too... in addition to stealing crab legs and being a misogynist...

I'm not saying that Sims is an NFL QB, he's not... neither is Hurts... nor was Coker, Wilson or Mac... Hell, AJ McCarron barely is...

But to say that Winston was a "(stats wise) better QB than Sims in their last year of college football" is inaccurate, at best... at worst, it's a "lie"....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Your interrogatives were as follows:

1) How is the NFL career going for the QBs that were there during Winston's FSU career? Was it Sims and Coker?
    Answer: "It was Sims (2014) and he had a shot in the CFL.... not sure if he's still playing..." (Winston's and Sims's last year was 2014)

2) How many yards did they pass for last year?
    Answer: 2014 Yards/Attempt: Sims 8.9; Winston 8.5

3) What was their QB rating this last year?
    Answer: 2014 Passer Rtg: Sims ~158; Winston ~146

Added Bonus Stats from their last year (2014):
    Completion %: Sims ~65%; Winston ~65%
    TDs: Sims 28; Winston 25
    INTs: Sims 10; Winston 18 (congrats, your guy won a category)

and Winston threw the ball a lot more than Sims, too... in addition to stealing crab legs and being a misogynist...

I'm not saying that Sims is an NFL QB, he's not... neither is Hurts... nor was Coker, Wilson or Mac... Hell, AJ McCarron barely is...

But to say that Winston was a "(stats wise) better QB than Sims in their last year of college football" is inaccurate, at best... at worst, it's a "lie"....

That's a misunderstanding at best and a lie at worst. I didn't ask what their stats were in THEIR last year OF CFB. I asked what it was last year (it's 2017 so by simple math - 2017 - 1 = 2016). Sims was listed as a FA RB and had zero yards. Winston had more than zero. I can post them if you like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    If I could have given you rep, I would have as it took me a minute to get what you were referring to. I need to spread the rep around, so couldn't acknowledge.

MSUDAWGFAN thinks this is a subject that can actually be proven either correct or incorrect, yet fails to realize it's all subjective. Every 5* QB is different, as they all have different motives that drive them (playing time, winning , money, girls, etc.) Saban's track record does not prove or disprove whether he can "develop" NFL QBs. Hell, Quan and Engram made the league out of Ole Miss only knowing 3 routes. Some kids are athletic freaks and will succeed (aka get drafted) regardless of college coaching.
    This isn't even close to true. That is actually an opinion, not like Winston having an NFL career unlike Sims. What I have stated (repeatedly) is that if they have aspirations of making the NFL, they shouldn't go to Bama. And the numbers back up my claim. If they go for playing time, they would likely get at least as much anywhere else so that is the same. If it's to win a natty, sure go to Bama. But most high profile recruits have aspirations of the NFL. Ask any NFL guy if they'd rather have a natty in college or be an NFL player and I'd bet you'd get 100% for being in the NFL. But I haven't taken a poll, so there may be some that would trade. I would just doubt it.

vCash
    This isn't even close to true. That is actually an opinion, not like Winston having an NFL career unlike Sims. What I have stated (repeatedly) is that if they have aspirations of making the NFL, they shouldn't go to Bama. And the numbers back up my claim. If they go for playing time, they would likely get at least as much anywhere else so that is the same. If it's to win a natty, sure go to Bama. But most high profile recruits have aspirations of the NFL. Ask any NFL guy if they'd rather have a natty in college or be an NFL player and I'd bet you'd get 100% for being in the NFL. But I haven't taken a poll, so there may be some that would trade. I would just doubt it.
    In looking at the top QB prospects from last year, the top 10 committed to the following schools:

Pro Style - Clemson (2), Stanford, Georgia, Maryland, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, Alabama
    Dual-threat - TX A&M, Ohio State, Alabama, MS State, Texas, USC, Oregon, Miami, Louisville, FL State

There are a lot of "blue blood" institutions listed for prospects whose only goal is to make the NFL.

When does someone tell Tua and Mac Jones that they now have no shot at succeeding in the NFL since they chose to attend Bama?? The 3-4 years they will spend in college, competing against the best defenses and playing on the biggest stages surely will hinder their growth.

Instead, they should have chosen a place like Maryland where they would get to learn how to work on their quick release in lieu of getting their brains kicked in by teams (like UCF).

vCash
    That's a misunderstanding at best and a lie at worst. I didn't ask what their stats were in THEIR last year OF CFB. I asked what it was last year (it's 2017 so by simple math - 2017 - 1 = 2016). Sims was listed as a FA RB and had zero yards. Winston had more than zero. I can post them if you like.
    Certainly a misunderstanding. I’m a data guru but even I can draw a comparison between something that exists and something that doesn’t... probably need to get Boom in on this...*
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17