Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
What Cal did 1st & continues to do is not lie to kids or fans about the most important goal being college. He lets you know the goal is the NBA & getting you there as quick as possible. People have a problem with that & rather hear K or Self or whoever lie about the importance of college. These kids are 9 month rentals until the draft. Cal doesn't shy or away or hide that & people can't handle that truth. He didn't make the 1 & done or shoe companies he just was the 1st to publically embrace it & its paid off. Hate or love him I respect his honesty. Especially when every other major coach is doing the same.
I don’t have a problem with that. I have a problem with what he knows goes on behind the scenes. He allows himself to be used by Nike/WWW who have bought several of his players to steer his way. Does he really think when he tells WWW I want this guy that it is just based on WWW’s powers of persuasion that he gets those players? He’s a big part of the problem and the FBI just lets him sleeze his way on by.