Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SEC Baseball Standings thru Week 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    But it's the 6th inning not late in the game and it's not bunting to try to get a hit its bunting to purposely give away an out vs a no-no thrower. It's stupid. Every time it's stupid. Cohen gotta gohen.
    I kind of wonder when the batter is the first up to bat, no body on base and he bunts, was it his idea? Maybe Cohen told him do what he wants to get on base. If you are fast and can bunt your way on do. Getting a base runner is all that counts in my book.

Just my opinion on it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I kind of wonder when the batter is the first up to bat, no body on base and he bunts, was it his idea? Maybe Cohen told him do what he wants to get on base. If you are fast and can bunt your way on do. Getting a base runner is all that counts in my book.

Just my opinion on it.
    I have no problems with attempting to get a hit by bunting every once in awhile. It keeps the defense honest. It's sacrifice bunting I'm not a fan of.

vCash
    I don't know why anyone is even talking about the Friday bunt when the Jack Kruger Mellencamp bunt call on Saturday was the worst coaching decision I have ever seen. I mean, several hundred (including myself) people actually verbalized their disbelief. It sucked all the energy out of the stadium.

- It was the 3rd inning
    - Our best hitter was at the plate
    - We were already on our third pitcher. Did he really think 1 or 2 more runs would be enough?
    - They didn't have a good pitching situation either, so why give away outs?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg62 View Post
    Liar
    One of your usernames argued for 3 days on hitters should look curveball and adjust to fastball. Serf

vCash
    Haha cause it's 56 years ago and in the 13th inning!! I admire your effort though. Will not STFU.
    Yes- they got ya 61- but good grief, the fact that hardly anybody on this board was old enough to watch when it happened says a lot. Dawggeezer may have been over at Shannondawg's house watching that day- but most of the rest of us were cosmic souls waiting our turn to be called to Earth
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I don't know why anyone is even talking about the Friday bunt when the Jack Kruger Mellencamp bunt call on Saturday was the worst coaching decision I have ever seen. I mean, several hundred (including myself) people actually verbalized their disbelief. It sucked all the energy out of the stadium.

- It was the 3rd inning
    - Our best hitter was at the plate
    - We were already on our third pitcher. Did he really think 1 or 2 more runs would be enough?
    - They didn't have a good pitching situation either, so why give away outs?
    Because everyone agrees that was stupid.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    One of your usernames argued for 3 days on hitters should look curveball and adjust to fastball. Serf
    Liar. Said more likely to get offspeed so adjust approach. Later on fastball and go oppo. You ran with a lie to earn Internet cred. Expect offspeed does not equal "sit" offspeed. You failed reading comprehension so it was a useless ordeal to try to further explain.

You are the one who thinks everything is measured on a level of being more or less of a ***** as evidenced by every game thread. "**** get balls *** just stop being a ***** ***** you're a *****".

Also you want your best hitter to hit with nobody on base and 2 outs more than any other hitter. Genius that is.
    Last edited by Dawg62; 03-28-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Liar. Said more likely to get offspeed so adjust approach. Later on fastball and go oppo. You ran with a lie to earn Internet cred. Expect offspeed does not equal "sit" offspeed. You failed reading comprehension so it was a useless ordeal to try to further explain.

You are the one who thinks everything is measured on a level of being more or less of a ***** as evidenced by every game thread. "**** get balls *** just stop being a ***** ***** you're a *****".

Also you want your best hitter to hit with nobody on base and 2 outs more than any other hitter. Genius that is.
    As I've said earlier I've smoked your no baseball playing dungeons and dragons punk ass so many times it isn't even fun anymore to argue with you. You just keep pounding your sizzle chest with your encyclopedia brown baseball stuff and in a couple of weeks have your new username teed up for when you break your keyboard and get banned again. Serfs adjust, sit, wait on offspeed or breaking balls and adjust to fastballs.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    As I've said earlier I've smoked your no baseball playing dungeons and dragons punk ass so many times it isn't even fun anymore to argue with you. You just keep pounding your sizzle chest with your encyclopedia brown baseball stuff and in a couple of weeks have your new username teed up for when you break your keyboard and get banned again. Serfs adjust, sit, wait on offspeed or breaking balls and adjust to fastballs.
    Lol best hitter in the worst situation most often.

vCash
    This thread turned straight 2013 in a hurry. Ha, I love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yes- they got ya 61- but good grief, the fact that hardly anybody on this board was old enough to watch when it happened says a lot. Dawggeezer may have been over at Shannondawg's house watching that day- but most of the rest of us were cosmic souls waiting our turn to be called to Earth
    Yeah, it's a long time ago. It's really hard to find a boxscore or anything pertaining to a certain situation that happens when another certain situation is also happening. The reason I could find that one is that it's a famous 12 innings of no hit ball. It would be damn near impossible to research games where the no hitter was broken up before the 9th. Also, when the no hitter is completed, there are probably not a lot of late game situations where the leadoff hitter reaches.

The fact is that Dawg61 said he would STFU, but he didn't. That tells me a lot about everything he says.

Here's one a little more recent where the leadoff hitter reached in the 6th.

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1...160CHN1972.htm

I'm still betting that this doesn't make him STFU tho.

Banned
    vCash
    That was also before smart people began looking at advanced math to determine probability, etc. Earl Weaver (one of the most underrated managers and influential baseball men of all-time) was still a decade away

vCash
    That was also before smart people began looking at advanced math to determine probability, etc. Earl Weaver (one of the most underrated managers and influential baseball men of all-time) was still a decade away
    I get it that you think that sac bunting is evil and should never be done. But I reject the idea that in a low scoring game (1-0) when your team doesn't have a hit makes it a worse time to bunt than normal. To me, that's a lot better time to bunt then most any other situation.

vCash
    So how many disclaimers do we want to retroactively put on that statement.

Good gosh, the guy said to name one time in the history of baseball where it happened. Was it a dumb statement? Sure, but he made it.

Banned
    vCash
    Lmao the fact you've got to search so hard doesn't tell you something? It should.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    So how many disclaimers do we want to retroactively put on that statement.

Good gosh, the guy said to name one time in the history of baseball where it happened. Was it a dumb statement? Sure, but he made it.
    Am I still talking about the Friday bunt or are you being a petulant child trying to get me to stfu?

vCash
    Am I still talking about the Friday bunt or are you being a petulant child trying to get me to stfu?
    The latter. You started this.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The latter. You started this.
    Lol well glad you admitted it. Rep given

vCash
    Lmao the fact you've got to search so hard doesn't tell you something? It should.
    Huh? You think I've spent a lot of time on this? Negative.

It's a weird thing to search for, but it didn't take that long. Now, if I had to search for games that didn't wind up no hitters, that would take some time. It's much easier to sit there and say, "By God, this NEVER happened in history!" Then, "Well, that doesn't count, it was the wrong inning." Then, "Doesn't matter, I'm not going to STFU." Then, "Haha, you actually took the time to find something on the internet."

Geez, dude. I thought it was females that mostly didn't care about facts as long as they get the last word and think to themselves that they're right even after being proven wrong.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketCityDawg View Post
    Huh? You think I've spent a lot of time on this? Negative.

It's a weird thing to search for, but it didn't take that long. Now, if I had to search for games that didn't wind up no hitters, that would take some time. It's much easier to sit there and say, "By God, this NEVER happened in history!" Then, "Well, that doesn't count, it was the wrong inning." Then, "Doesn't matter, I'm not going to STFU." Then, "Haha, you actually took the time to find something on the internet."

Geez, dude. I thought it was females that mostly didn't care about facts as long as they get the last word and think to themselves that they're right even after being proven wrong.
    Hahaha you still don't see that I proved my point. I said the Friday bunt was a terrible call. Wether it's zero times, one time 56 years ago, twice etc... it's still giganticly dwarfed by the other side of calls by managers that chose NOT TO SAC BUNT. Last time I checked

4 billion or whatever it is that didn't sac bunt is enormously larger than 3.

4,000,000,000 > 3

Cohen gotta GOhen