Page 21 of 392 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    2019 is a rebuild of sorts, but we have some Key pieces coming back for 2019 -
    QB - Key as Jr.
    RB - Kylin & Nick Gibson
    WR - Only lose Dear and Jackson
    OL - 2 returning starters (Eiland & Reese), plus Williams, Story, Parker, Suggs as a base (definitely thin, but good)
    TE - everyone of importance back

DL - Mullins, Spencer, Kobe, Fletcher Adams, Autry, and if we are lucky Rivers (very good but not elite)
    LB - Leo (hopefully), Errol, and Willie as a base
    CB - Guidry and Dantzler
    S - Landrews, ????

That's not a bad starting point 18 months out, and doesn't factor in any of RSF from 2017, the 2018 FR, or the 2019 FR. We needs lots of young guys to get appropriate playing time this year to be ready for '19.
    WR - Dear isn't a Sr

OL - 3 returning starters (Eiland Reese & Williams)

TE - Johnson graduates

DL - Mullins transferred before last season. Return Rivers, Spencer, Jones, Adams, Autry, & Jackson. RS guys like Lovett, Crumedy, & Robinson. Add potentially the best DL class we've ever signed in the 2019 class.

LB - No Sr this year

CB - Guidry is a Safety not a CB. Dantzler & Williams the lead guys

Nickel/Safety - Cole, Landrews, Guidry, Murphy, & Morgan-Walker all return

vCash
    These next couple weeks are going to be a fun time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    These next couple weeks are going to be a fun time.
    Like.... how fun?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Like.... how fun?
    I can't speak for others fun level but I know I'm going to enjoy it.

vCash
    RB, DB, DL commit fun. SBW is going to be something else.

vCash
    Things are starting to get really exciting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Like.... how fun?
    Like, everybody gets free coffee fun?

vCash
    QB - Key as Jr.
    RB - Kylin & Nick Gibson
    OL - 2 returning starters (Eiland & Reese), plus Williams, Story, Parker, Suggs as a base (definitely thin, but good)

DL - Mullins, Spencer, Kobe, Fletcher Adams, Autry, and if we are lucky Rivers (very good but not elite)
    CB - Guidry and Dantzler
    S - Landrews, ????

That's not a bad starting point 18 months out, and doesn't factor in any of RSF from 2017, the 2018 FR, or the 2019 FR. We needs lots of young guys to get appropriate playing time this year to be ready for '19.
    Chauncey Rivers is the best DL we have outside of Simmons. And thats from a current DL and former DL

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Chauncey Rivers is the best DL we have outside of Simmons. And thats from a current DL and former DL
    Chauncey originally signed with UGA then ended up in MS Juco. anybody remember what his offer list looked like out of Juco? out of H.S. he had tons of blue blood offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    RB, DB, DL commit fun. SBW is going to be something else.
    After last year's class I'm ready for some OL commit fun.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    And to tell you how deep we are, Chauncey is running with the 2's right now.

vCash
    Just my every now and then check-in on crootin....

Things are sounding good. How are we looking on OL recruiting? Can anybody run down our current OL commits and who we expect/hope to land on the OL? How about the corner position....any potential future lock down corners we are either after or have committed? I really want to see us bring in some studs at CB, because I feel like Mullen & club did a terrible job taking advantage of Banks’s Thorpe Award. We didn’t really capitalize on him & Slay in the recruiting game at all.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 04-06-2018 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Just my every now and then check-in on crootin....

Things are sounding good. How are we looking on OL recruiting? Can anybody run down our current OL commits and who we expect/hope to land on the OL? How about the corner position....any potential future lock down corners we are either after or have committed? I really want to see us bring in some studs at CB, because I feel like Mullen & club did a terrible job taking advantage of Banks?s Thorpe Award. We didn?t really capitalize on him & Slay in the recruiting game at all.

Thanks in advance
    We are keeping Montravious Richardson for now even though personally I'm not a big fan of his. Anyone that redshirts in JUCO gives me pause.

That said- I think we get Charles Cross from Laurel who is really good and we have made some big moves with Brandon Cunningham a four star OL from St. Martin on the Gulf Coast. Cross should be at least a high three star if not four star if evaluated properly but you know how that goes.

The biggest difference is we have offered a lot more offensive linemen in the process and we haven't just given up on a guy like Cunningham just because he is committed to Miami and was allegedly an Ole Miss fan. Hevesy didn't even offer Cunningham because of some bullshit about his arms or something like that despite being a four star guy and Miami taking his commitment.

We have a commitment from DJ James who is a CB from the Mobile area and I like him a lot despite the fact that he is a three star guy and we may get a commitment from a CB in the NOLA area named Greg Brooks who I haven't seen yet.

vCash
    QB - Key as Jr.
    RB - Kylin & Nick Gibson

CB - Guidry and Dantzler
    S - Landrews, ????

I don't know if I would call 2019 a rebuild year or not. It's pretty rare for us to return as much as we are in 2018- the most returning starters in my fan lifetime with obvious upgrades at WR.

But we have:

QB- Key- four star QB who has some starting experience and I think Moorhead will use him a lot like Penn State used Tommy Stephens the back-up at Penn State last year. It will be his first year as a starter, but I think he will have a lot of playing experience.
    RB- Kylin- I think he is a special player for us and busts out this year.
    WR- Guidry, Todd, Heath, Couch as the outside guys and they will all be upper classmen except for Heath who I think will be a solid starter for us at worst and has a chance to be a special player also. Whop I think has a chance to be special as well.
    Slot- Whop, Deddrick Thomas, and Dear all come back. I'm interested to see how we use Dear as I consider him more of an ATH like a Percy Harvin than a true slot WR. Thomas is a veteran and Whop and Key go way back. Austin Williams will be a good player for us also.
    TE- Farrod will be a senior. If I am MSU I might consider bulking up Williams and using him as a TE/WR/H-Back to get him on the field more.
    OL- We need to find a center. I think we need to move Reese to guard at some point as well. If it were me I would go LT- Eiland, LG- Reese, C- Story who has played some but has had injuries, RG- Williams, RT- Champion. That's a line with two juniors and three seniors on it. I think Tyre Phillips and maybe even Dolla Bill could start as well. I noticed that we moved a walk-on Matt Stanic to center recently and he is a big dude. Maybe he becomes the next Ben Beckwith except at center.

DL- Kind of depends on if Rivers comes back and Simmons as well although I don't expect Simmons to return for his senior year. Spencer, Kobe, and Adams have all played and will be upperclassmen. Autry will have playing experience by this time next year as well. We obviously won't have the depth that we do now but I like Aaron Odom, Fabien Lovett, Jaden Crumedy, James Jackson, and Devon Robinson.
    LB- Leo, Erroll, and Willie Gay is a very good group of linebackers and all three will be upperclassmen. Washington is a solid role player and we'll see what Kilby-Lane brings to the table. I like Jett Johnson as a player too and I think he will help us with depth next year as a redshirt freshman.
    CB- Love Dantzler and he will be a junior. The other spot is a question mark- Marcus Murphy? JUCO CB? Brian Cole? I'd have to guess that Tyler Williams is the favorite at the moment.
    S- This group actually concerns me more than the DL or CB at the moment which is early. My guess at the moment is Brian Cole and Marcus Murphy. I do like Landon Guidry a lot but I'm not sure he starts in 2019. If we can flip Brandon Turnage I think he would have a very good chance of starting.

K- Christmann
    P- Schexnader
    KO- ???
    KR/PR- Mixon and Thomas

On paper this looks like a good team but we'll see how next goes and see what intangibles they have to deal with.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    And to tell you how deep we are, Chauncey is running with the 2's right now.
    if he's running with the 2's, then the coaches don't believe he's # 2 then, right?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    if he's running with the 2's, then the coaches don't believe he's # 2 then, right?
    I think he just catching up. I would be shocked if he was not starting come sept.

Banned
    vCash
    I think he just catching up. I would be shocked if he was not starting come sept.

so is he a JR this year? did he see any action last year which was his first year here?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    so is he a JR this year? did he see any action last year which was his first year here?
    Academic redshirt.

vCash
    I expect Gerri & Sweat to be starting at DE. Chauncey will play a ton.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I expect Gerri & Sweat to be starting at DE. Chauncey will play a ton.
    damn. getting wooly. sounds like we've got enough solid depth to keep fresh legs in for 4 quarters.