Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
He just never spoke about how it was home or built the town up.

In hindsight, Mullen did a great job but I don't think he was ever "All in"

I think in his heart he just felt he was better than MSU or Starkville & that made it difficult for him to sell the place.

While he did a great job at MSU, I think he viewed the MSU as a means to an end rather than a destination & that always kept him from getting over the hump.

I would be great if we had a coach that was a great offensive mind & was all in to embrace Starkville & win big here hell or high water. We'll see if Moorhead is that guy. His Pittsburgh & steel mill background offers me hope that he has the type of background of someone that can sell & embrace the state of Mississippi at the necessary level to sell it to kids & families across the country. I think Moorhead's background offers him a greater chance of relating & embracing Mississippi people
It always seemed like he was telling you what you wanted to hear but it always seemed not quite genuine. Looking back, I think I believed they liked Starkville because I wanted to think that. I personally would like to live there but it is more of my love for the university than anything else. Dan didn't have that and it kind of showed through the cracks. It is similar to how he looked getting off the plane at UF. He is smiling and doing the gator chomp but you can tell there is disappointment there because of the lack of fans or enthusiasm.