Thread: State vs Fla Game Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He's not a must-have. He's a longshot at best that is only considering us because his Dad played there. He is not going to State

I think we will be much improved next season with Ready in his 2nd year, Sword, FTF, and Ware in their 3rd seasons...Roq Johnson is a good 6th man...Daniels will need to play well and Houston will need to be as advertised. We get in the NIT Season 3 and then look forward to having everybody but Roq back for the following season.
    Just a general question to see some peoples opinion. Me and a buddy were discussing how high Readys ceiling is. He has a good shot, probably best form on the team, good vision, but ultimately the question is his height. My fear is that his height will limit his ceiling and he will struggle to get enough shots off to make a big enough difference on the offensive end. Solid pg but not gonna be a game changer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raytoraid83 View Post
    Just a general question to see some peoples opinion. Me and a buddy were discussing how high Readys ceiling is. He has a good shot, probably best form on the team, good vision, but ultimately the question is his height. My fear is that his height will limit his ceiling and he will struggle to get enough shots off to make a big enough difference on the offensive end. Solid pg but not gonna be a game changer.
    I love his game and think he has the potential to be as good as he wants to be. He's not really a natural scorer, but he can do it. Ideally, he'd be a few inches taller, but I don't think it's a huge deal. There are plenty of short guards in college who can fill it up.

It's a disadvantage to some degree, but Damon Stoudamire, Avery Johnson, Calvin Murray, Nate Robinson...if you're good enough, it doesn't matter that much.

Shoot, Earl Boykins is 5 inches shorter than Ready and put up 26/game as a senior in college and scored 15/game one year in the NBA. If you can score, you can score.

Ready is always smooth and under control and is able to create his own shot when he wants to. He won't ever be a guy who just starts jacking 3s, and I'm fine with that. He could have scored 15+ tonight had he wanted to, and his height was never an issue. He was still able to get his shot and score in traffic as well.

vCash
    I agree with you on Ready. I wish he would have taken more 3 pointers tonight instead of passing it off to players who bricked it. We need him to be a leader unfortunately as a freshman but he will learn that role and be a great point guard for us.