Thread: Some positive signs in football recruiting for 2019 for Moorhead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This may be just pure perception more than anything but it appears to me that we are offering more top 100 National type players. That's a good thing because if MSU keeps showing up as an offer I think it gives the perception that we are a serious player in recruiting for whatever reason. That's one of the things that Ole Miss does to help boost their recruiting some. Dan didn't offer these types of players as much.

It appears as if we are going to have a junior day possibly the same weekend that we play Ole Miss in basketball. Look, I know our team sucks in men's basketball right now. But that would be a good game for our fans to try to go to if for no other reason to give us a good crowd for the football recruits. And I do need to mention that this isn't official yet- but I do personally think it's likely.

In the past, Dan probably would have scheduled Junior Day the same day as the ACT with no home basketball game because he didn't want it to interfere with his marathon training schedule.**

Seriously, this appears to be better awareness from our staff in recruiting.
    That's b/c he was too busy looking for that 2* diamond in the rough.

Remember the rumor I posted a week ago that TBuck was appalled at our laziness in recruiting. Compared to FSU we were WAAAAAAAAY behind the 8 ball. Dan told him that he didn't waste time on big name guys. So, TBuck goes into FL and gets a 4* guy that Dan said we couldn't get.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That's b/c he was too busy looking for that 2* diamond in the rough.

Remember the rumor I posted a week ago that TBuck was appalled at our laziness in recruiting. Compared to FSU we were WAAAAAAAAY behind the 8 ball. Dan told him that he didn't waste time on big name guys. So, TBuck goes into FL and gets a 4* guy that Dan said we couldn't get.
    Who is this Dan guy?

Our last coach was lazy and arrogant. He was too lazy to battle other programs for top 300 guys. His arrogance gave him the mindset that he invented football and didn?t need to upgrade talent to win as much as he needed. Apparently he only needed to win enough to get another gig. Everything now makes sense in that he truly never intended on giving relentless effort to win big here. He was doing just enough to get a ?better gig?.

Regarding JoMo, I think he knows how to relate to these kids. When Saquon Barkley goes high in the first round it should only help our recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Who is this Dan guy?

Our last coach was lazy and arrogant. He was too lazy to battle other programs for top 300 guys. His arrogance gave him the mindset that he invented football and didn?t need to upgrade talent to win as much as he needed. Apparently he only needed to win enough to get another gig. Everything now makes sense in that he truly never intended on giving relentless effort to win big here. He was doing just enough to get a ?better gig?.

Regarding JoMo, I think he knows how to relate to these kids. When Saquon Barkley goes high in the first round it should only help our recruiting.
    If that last coach, Doug McGrudder or something, had put that relentless effort he kept talking about into his coaching and especially in recruiting he would have won a NC in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Who is this Dan guy?

Yep, we not only have the Offensive Coordinator who used him properly but the RB coach who developed him. Coach Moorhead is about to make Kylin some money.