Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
Ok so now I am ignorant. If that makes us win then by all means let the pitchers hit then. Something tells me there is a reason their mostly pitching and not hitting on a regular basis. And based on our record and tied for 2nd in the SEC I would say we have been winning. I understand your point but we will have to agree to disagree. Team has no wiggle room for another unnecessary injury if they can avoid it, especially to our Friday night guy. Unless he gets hit by a meteor of course ha ha! Then we all have bigger fish to fry.
We didn't have the wiggle room to throw Cyr and Marrero off the team either. I don't see people regularly bitching about that. Canny felt he needed to lose depth to get the team where he wanted it. Maybe he thought it was important to show that he was willing to let the guys who want it the most to play. We don't know what would happen if he didn't sit people down. I will say that after we wrapped up the USCe series, on Sunday we looked like shit against their worst starter. Then we turned around and looked like shit against South Alabama. Canny has shown he doesn't put up with shitty effort but sometimes players have to be reminded. He can do whatever he wants in practice but it doesn't carry the same weight as doing it in a game.