Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
My turn, ok I think Mullen loves turning nobody's into somebodies more than anything else. More than winning. He'd rather go get a 3* with only a UT Chattanooga offer that has the want to to be great and see if he can make him into that than deal with kissing 5* asses all day long. It's worked for him at the QB position but he is having a hard time translating it into the other positions on offense.
Dawg61, I agree with everything in your post. It works with QBs because Mullen can identify QB potential as well or better than anyone. It is my belief that it is not working with OL. I know we have some differences there. Now, we did whiff on OL evaluations for a couple of years and seem to have gotten better lately. This could become moot. But why can't Hevesy get along with HS coaches and players. It makes no sense.

I wish Mullen could see that our D talent can play with the big boys, but our OL holds us back against many teams. I know our D sucked this year, that is why I said our D "talent."