Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mullen on Georgia

vCash
    Mullen is pretty good at trash-talking a school's biggest rival and then losing to them when the chips are down. He'd better not cost UF an outside chance at the playoffs, a Sugar Bowl, or a Citrus Bowl by losing to FSU/UGA like he did here with Ole Miss.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-09-2018 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    One year ago people on this board would crucify you if you didn’t kiss Don’s arse...geesh
    I love all our current coaches. I may be critical as heck of them at times, but I stand with them while they are here. Once they leave, frick em... my loyalties are to state, not a coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I love all our current coaches. I may be critical as heck of them at times, but I stand with them while they are here. Once they leave, frick em... my loyalties are to state, not a coach
    Same here(accept for Jackie). I love the Kang!

vCash
    The thing is Dan has to make the SEC Championship Game to even come close to the standards that Florida has.

I seriously think Dan lacks common sense while at the same time thinking he is smarter than everyone else. It's an incredibly dangerous combination.

Ultimately how I think this will play out at Florida is after about two years and completely whiffing in recruiting and losing battles to FSU and Miami as well as maybe Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee at times they're going to demand changes and Dan will get pouty. After he gets his ass handed to him by FSU and Georgia at least twice the next three years he will be on the hot seat if not fired and then he will probably go back to Urban Meyer as his OC again.

I think Pruitt will have Tennessee at least as good as Dan because he will out recruit Dan. Georgia will be a lot better. South Carolina will give them some tough games but I could see Dan beating them. FSU I think will beat him as well.

vCash
    danny boy now trying to explain to the uf faithful why they won?t have a full 85 on scholarship this season. Says it by design! Lol sound familiar

vCash
    Mark schlabach @Mark_Schlabach
    Dan Mullen on UGA: "Listen, winning one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program, you know what I'm saying? In two of the last three years, we've been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while."

Mullen is barking up the wrong tree. I think smart is gonna bend him over his knee, again
    EXACTLY... can you say 65-7 if he is lucky? Kirby knows Dan's system and it's not going to change.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-09-2018 at 01:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    EXACTLY... can you say 65-7 if he is lucky? Kirby knows Dan's system and it's not going to change.
    Yep Kirby and Pruitt both,
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-09-2018 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He is just embodying the dickishness of the UF fan base. I bet Dan gets along well with that asshole baseball coach they have too.
    Hes doing the same thing he did here against OM. Remember the shit talking swag having dan we all loved?

The one that said we are never losing to OM again? The one that got on the mic and said one program is def on the rise in this state?

If they get that Dan they will be hell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    danny boy now trying to explain to the uf faithful why they won?t have a full 85 on scholarship this season. Says it by design! Lol sound familiar
    "It's not that I can't recruit...we meant to miss on all those offensive line recruits."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Hes doing the same thing he did here against OM. Remember the shit talking swag having dan we all loved?

The one that said we are never losing to OM again? The one that got on the mic and said one program is def on the rise in this state?

If they get that Dan they will be hell
    To be fair- if I'm not mistaken the "we're never losing to Ole Miss again" speech was in the locker room and I think one of the player recorded it on their phone and put it on the Internet. It wasn't meant for public consumption.

I don't mind talking shit as long as you can back it up. Or it at least if you don't back it up- you come out harder the next year and beat their ass. Dan's problem was after he lost to Ole Miss he tucked his tail like a bitch and as soon as we lost the countdown clock came down (he put back up later) and all of a sudden "well, we've moved on from them". The fact of the matter is as long as Ole Miss is operating and the federal government doesn't shut them down for a prostitution ring for football recruits- we're not "moving past" them even if we beat them 100 times in a row while becoming a superpower while they become Vandy. To be crystal clear- what I mean is beating their ass is and always will be a priority. Some State fans may be scared to embrace the rivalry for what it is and don't want to look "obsessed"- but instead of ignoring it I think the best way to handle it is to embrace it and then dominate their ass on the field.

Banned
    vCash
    Smart will own Dan.

vCash
    I don?t know who I despise more, O?Sullivan or manieri. Yeah I bet danny boy and O?Sullivan get along fine.
    Manieri for sure, but it's a damn close race.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Wow. That?s pretty solid bulletin board material from a HC to his biggest conference rival.
    He?s taking credit for something that his predecessor did the two years before he arrived.....and also got fired because UF didn?t think he was good enough for them. Danny boy ain?t gonna last long in Gator land
    Probably doesn't sit well with all those Georgia HS potential recruits, Danny ain't the brightest bulb on the tree.

vCash
    Going ahead and calling it now... in 3 years, Lane kiffin or josh heupel replace Mullen.
    Last edited by msstate7; 02-09-2018 at 07:29 AM.

vCash
    Also calling it now. Dan will not be a head coach anywhere in 4-5 years and then may never be a head coach again.

vCash

To be a fly on the wall when Dan, Hev, and O'Sullivan are over for brewski

Mark schlabach @Mark_Schlabach
    Dan Mullen on UGA: "Listen, winning one SEC Championship Game doesn't make you a dominant program, you know what I'm saying? In two of the last three years, we've been to the SEC Championship Game. So even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while."

Mullen is barking up the wrong tree. I think smart is gonna bend him over his knee, again
    Can one bar contain all that hubris?

vCash
    Going ahead and calling it now... in 3 years, Lane kiffin or josh heupel replace Mullen.
    I concur. Dan took a shit in his cereal by going to FL. He'll be the HC at Hoffstra in four years and Megan will have to drive to New Jersey to shop for groceries.

vCash
    Whatever happened to the nine UF players suspended the entire 2017 season? That is about a 10% scholarship reduction right there (assuming they were one scholarship to begin with). Kinda hard for Mullen to cover that hole in one recruiting class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I concur. Dan took a shit in his cereal by going to FL. He'll be the HC at Hoffstra in four years and Megan will have to drive to New Jersey to shop for groceries.
    Lol... I do not think dan will completely flop. In fact, I think he will do pretty well. I just think taggert and smart will recruit too well for Mullen to beat them, which is a death sentence for a Florida coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Whatever happened to the nine UF players suspended the entire 2017 season? That is about a 10% scholarship reduction right there (assuming they were one scholarship to begin with). Kinda hard for Mullen to cover that hole in one recruiting class.
    They are gonna be down as much as 11 schollies. They needed to sign 30 in this class to cover their roster issues and they signed 19. Dan says they have some grad transfers and such coming so who knows(he never used that very well here), but they'll probably down a minimum of 7.