Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sunday baseball game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Self had shoulder surgery recently in the offseason and many thought he would not even be available until SEC play. We're not going to stretch him out against Texas A&M Corpus Christi of America University.

We just need to accept the fact that this year is going to be completely jacked up like last year with the head coaching change and massive amount of pitching injuries- and maybe even moreso with an interim coach and a heavy road schedule. We may be OK like last year and we could also just as likely have a losing season. It is what it is.

We have another tough tournament next weekend- tougher than this one and then we finally go home and play a Utah Valley team we will probably take 2 of 3 from if not sweep. Actually our OOC schedule lightens up a LOT after next weekend. Our toughest opponent is going to be Ole Miss followed by SELU and Memphis. It's mostly SWAC teams and New Mexico State and then the Utah Valley team I talked about. I'm guessing we win somewhere between 9-12 SEC games this year probably and end up with around 30 wins and at home this year taking everything into consideration.

Oh- and whoever the genius was who made our schedule needs to hook up with <redacted at Florida> too since they came up with the brilliant idea to play a game on a Monday putting us at a pretty significant pitching disadvantage today and tomorrow.
    Not trying to be a dick but a few days before the season we should all save up for Omaha now we're not going to the tournament?

I know a lot has happened with Cann but Henderson and the boys should be good enough to at least make the tourney. If we dont make that I will be concerned we dont have much talent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Then of course LA swings at one in the dirt....
    Belmont is not going to be a good SEC hitter- so thats why he better live up to his billing as a plus defender
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I do not think we will make any postseason noise, but I fully expect to make the tourney. It is weird being the chill one in here following a loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but a few days before the season we should all save up for Omaha now we're not going to the tournament?

I know a lot has happened with Cann but Henderson and the boys should be good enough to at least make the tourney. If we dont make that I will be concerned we dont have much talent
    Exactly- regardless of the coach- if we fail to make the NCAA Tourney then our staff has failed. Henderson is a good coach and will get as much as he can out of this team.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

No- that's cool. I don't make that post if you tell me that our coach had completely checked out and would be fired after one weekend. Cann worked a miracle last year and I figured incorrectly that he could do it again with a better situation after a year of being here.

It's not about our talent- we have the talent to make it. It's more about the situation and the schedule. We still might make it regardless. The problem is after we got swept by USM we only have a few more chances OOC to make up for it and winning the SWAC title isn't going to overcome it is MUCH more of a problem than our talent.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It is what happens around here from all of us sometimes. 80% of the basketball season, everyone has wanted Eli Wright gone or benched completely. Now we see threads hoping he stays bc he has great potential lol
    I haven't ever wanted Eli gone and I am not saying you said I did I have just wanted him to show a pulse on the floor, be more aggressive basically. When he is he's a good player, too often he's content with disappearing and not really influencing the game at all. Eli was a 4* player and he just concedes that everyone else on our team deserves a bigger role than him instead of fighting for his share of the pie more. Maybe he's finally tired of being too unselfish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Don't give up on Billingsley yet cause of one off start, he was great in the regional for us last year when we absolutely had to have it. France has pitched once and y'all want to yank JB out of the rotation for him.
    Billingsley also started game 2 of the Super regional in Baton Rouge last year but did not record an out while giving up 2 hits, 2 walks, and 3 runs before being pulled in our season ending loss to LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Billingsley also started game 2 of the Super regional in Baton Rouge last year but did not record an out while giving up 2 hits, 2 walks, and 3 runs before being pulled in our season ending loss to LSU
    Correct. I think Billingsley can play a big role on this team. I just hope that role is out of the bullpen.

Only positives from today were Foscue and Mangum.

vCash
    Let's hope we don play Hinds CC anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Correct. I think Billingsley can play a big role on this team. I just hope that role is out of the bullpen.

Only positives from today were Foscue and Mangum.
    Billingsley is either really on or he's really off. And there's not a lot of in between.

vCash
    Pitching as a whole has been very disappointing. Neff and Leibolt were keep instead of Hughes. Having a difficult time figuring this out

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    I'm aware but we don't even make it to SR without him and I still think Cann lost that game by pulling him then anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I do not think we will make any postseason noise, but I fully expect to make the tourney. It is weird being the chill one in here following a loss.
    What's wrong with you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    What's wrong with you?
    Xanax prescription

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    No- that's cool. I don't make that post if you tell me that our coach had completely checked out and would be fired after one weekend. Cann worked a miracle last year and I figured incorrectly that he could do it again with a better situation after a year of being here.

It's not about our talent- we have the talent to make it. It's more about the situation and the schedule. We still might make it regardless. The problem is after we got swept by USM we only have a few more chances OOC to make up for it and winning the SWAC title isn't going to overcome it is MUCH more of a problem than our talent.
    And USM isn't helping our cause. They've already dropped 2 games since we played them, one to UT-Martin. I don't know what they did today. Would help us considerably at this point if they have a really good season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And USM isn't helping our cause. They've already dropped 2 games since we played them, one to UT-Martin. I don't know what they did today. Would help us considerably at this point if they have a really good season.
    I know it's early, but this just might be a transition season for us. A lot of young players, stadium under construction, new coach, arm injuries, lost all of our top rated pitching signees. We will get better, but my expectations are pretty low right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    What's wrong with you?
    thinkin' the same thing...

vCash
    Belmont with a stellar .227 batting average so far....limited range at SS too... edited to add actually batting .222
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 02-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Belmont with a stellar .227 batting average so far....limited range at SS too...
    He's looked pretty good defensively. If he doesn't get the bat going, we could always move Stovall to SS, put Tanner Allen at 2B and that would allow Jordan Anderson to play OF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We will get better, but my expectations are pretty low right now.
    Same for me. I was really looking forward to baseball season before it started. Now, with the coaching situation and a 3-4 record I'm getting a bit apathetic. Women's and Men's BB are much more interesting at the moment.