Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Game 3 vs Bama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    No if it hits runner batter gets credit for a single
    My bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Are you ready for this? It has never happened in our baseball history.
    Well this would be a perfect year to do it

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Nope but even if they said it hit him it's over because the bases were loaded everyone still would have moved up one base.
    That's actually not correct. Only runners that are allowed to move are those that are forced. Once the runner going from 2nd to 3rd is ruled out when the ball hits him, the runner on 3rd no longer is forced home. The correct call would have awarded the hitter 1st base and the runner on 1st gets 2nd base, but runner on 3rd has to stay at 3rd. Also, batter always gets 1st base when the ball hits a runner (unless the batter is the runner that gets hit) even if the infielder still makes the play to throw him out, because the ball is ruled dead.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 04-22-2017 at 02:08 AM.

vCash
    Just looked up the rule if they ruled it hit vansau he's out and other runners have to return so run would not have scoredx

vCash
    All I'll say about LA and Bragg is if this gives LA some confidence and Bragg can keep playing reasonably well it gives us two good options and makes us a lot more versatile.

vCash
    We got an officiating break for once! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Well this would be a perfect year to do it
    Absolutely! And it's possible if we keep playing well. We're on pace to do it at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    That's actually not correct. Only runners that are allowed to move are those that are forced. Once the runner is ruled out, the runner on 3rd no longer is forced home. The correct call would have awarded the hitter 1st base and the runner on 1st gets 2nd base, but runner on 3rd has to stay at 3rd.
    It's a dumb as shit unintuitive rule which I am glad they ruled it didn't hit Vansau. Let's just be happy we won the ****ing game.

vCash
    Absolutely! And it's possible if we keep playing well. We're on pace to do it at least.
    Yep! Let's keep rolling!

vCash
    That's actually not correct. Only runners that are allowed to move are those that are forced. Once the runner is ruled out, the runner on 3rd no longer is forced home. The correct call would have awarded the hitter 1st base and the runner on 1st gets 2nd base, but runner on 3rd has to stay at 3rd. Also, batter always gets 1st base when the ball hits a runner (unless the batter is the runner) even if the infielder still makes the play to throw him out, because the ball is ruled dead.
    That seems pretty crazy to me because the guy on third probably would have scored with or without the ball hitting the runner. And on a ball that's hit in that situation the runner is going to be at least very conservatively 1/3 of the way home.

vCash
    We are the only fanbase that does this shit. Let's celebrate the sweep instead of questioning and saying we were lucky umps missed a call which is a dumb 1800s rule anyway.

vCash
    It's a dumb as shit unintuitive rule which I am glad they ruled it didn't hit Vansau. Let's just be happy we won the ****ing game.
    Buck Fama! That's the rule. We won. We swept their asses!! And that's good enough for me! 17 Bama!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    That seems pretty crazy to me because the guy on third probably would have scored with or without the ball hitting the runner. And on a ball that's hit in that situation the runner is going to be at least very conservatively 1/3 of the way home.
    It's a dumb as shit rule which does not fit with the sport the way it is right now. It's unintuitive and personally to me makes no sense.

Banned
    vCash
    Vansau may have done it on purpose cause that was a double play ball ha
    I definitely don't think he did it on purpose, it just barely hit off the back of his heel. That does happen though.

vCash
    Yep! Let's keep rolling!
    Absolutely! And the good news is now we get a much needed 2-3 days off. I'm pretty sure they will get Saturday off between the long day and the weather and everything else. We'll get back after it on Sunday if I had to guess and then we get to try to keep our trophy- the Governor's Cup. The Egg Bowl's little brother.

Our team needs this break more than most IMO. But I'm seeing some improvement from most of our guys as the season goes along and that's a good thing. It's always going to be cobbled together a little bit and we're going to give up some runs here and there and have some frustrating AB's. But we're also going to fight and find a way to get it done more often than not. Cann has done a great job with these guys and the players have really responded well too.

vCash
    I definitely don't think he did it on purpose, it just barely hit off the back of his heel. That does happen though.
    Yeah I really don't think he did it either. We caught a break on that one.

vCash
    We are the only fanbase that does this shit. Let's celebrate the sweep instead of questioning and saying we were lucky umps missed a call which is a dumb 1800s rule anyway.
    Honestly, I bet we would have won anyway.

Banned
    vCash
    Well, I don't write the baseball rules....haha. But if they were able to turn the DP, runner coming home doesn't score even if he crosses the plate before the throw gets to first. So you could definitely say that without it hitting Vansau that its a totally different outcome and we'd probably still be playing.

vCash
    Absolutely! And the good news is now we get a much needed 2-3 days off. I'm pretty sure they will get Saturday off between the long day and the weather and everything else. We'll get back after it on Sunday if I had to guess and then we get to try to keep our trophy- the Governor's Cup. The Egg Bowl's little brother.

Our team needs this break more than most IMO. But I'm seeing some improvement from most of our guys as the season goes along and that's a good thing. It's always going to be cobbled together a little bit and we're going to give up some runs here and there and have some frustrating AB's. But we're also going to fight and find a way to get it done more often than not. Cann has done a great job with these guys and the players have really responded well too.
    Dead on right! Spencer Price could really use a break as well as the rest. Just got to love the way they scratch and claw. Reckon some folks may understand what Tuesday night was all about now? Cann wants fighters and he's got em!

Banned
    vCash
    Honestly, I bet we would have won anyway.
    Me too.