Thread: OK guys- Ours girls have made the Sweet 16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Anybody outside of the UConn fanbase "expecting" a Final Four is unrealistic.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Basically like LSU fans saying it is an unsuccessful season if they lose in the Supers and don't make Omaha. In baseball, once you get into the Supers then anything can happen. Basketball is similar if someone goes off and is hitting 3s like crazy. Every team left is good enough on a good day to beat anyone including UConn. Teams like us and UConn just have more wiggle room in how great a day it takes to beat us. It probably takes more than one RAT to win but it can still be done.

vCash
    Eh. When you're ranked #2 and undefeated for essentially the entire season, after getting to the title game and beating UConn the year before, I don't think it's unrealistic or unreasonable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Eh. When you're ranked #2 and undefeated for essentially the entire season, after getting to the title game and beating UConn the year before, I don't think it's unrealistic or unreasonable.
    If you have really watched our team play- you know they arent good enough to win it all. It looks like we caught the SEC in kind of a down year and hey- that part of it. I'll be surprised if we beat Texas
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If you have really watched our team play- you know they arent good enough to win it all. It looks like we caught the SEC in kind of a down year and hey- that part of it. I'll be surprised if we beat Texas
    I think if Blair and Ro are hitting 3s and VV isn't just settling for jumpers then we can beat anyone as long at big T isn't in foul trouble. We play defense well enough to give us a shot every time on the floor. Hopefully Vic figured out not to wear them out in practice on short rest. We don't have the depth if we get too worn out.

vCash
    I've watched us, and I know we may not be quite as good as our record indicates. That said, I don't know that there's any team in the country that is clearly better than us outside of UConn. I don't think we have much of a chance of beating them again, but you never know if someone else can jump up and knock them off again like we did last year. I think we definitely have a shot of beating everybody else. Maybe not a great chance of running through the thing unscathed, but I don't know that anyone else can say that, either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I think Coach's point is any year you make a Sweet 16 is a "successful" season. You might have higher goals but at the end of the day, that is a benchmark level goal. I think only UConn could truly set their benchmark level at the Final Four because they have consistently done it for so long.