Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
You have this backwards. Alabama's offense is actually tailor made for what actually works, percentage wise, in the NFL. The pro-style offensive system will always be the method of choice up there, and with that, you have to 1 - have the arm to make the throws, and 2 - possess great decision making. Everything else is simply gravy.

Alabama's problem has been quarterback evaluation. I don't think Hurts is an NFL quarterback, but he's a good college quarterback, in a great situation. Having talent around you is never a bad thing. I see several things in your post above that are just wrong. Clemson wasn't a top recruiter? WTF? Auburn had average talent around Cam? WTF? Did you see their offensive line?

Isn't McCarron in the NFL?
I completely disagree with every thing you just said here. Developing to be an NFL QB has very little to do with your college system IMO (outside of the triple option) & much more to do with responsibility. Having more talent than everyone you play is absolutely a bad thing when learning to elevate your team & overcome your weaknesses is a significant part of development.