Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hurricane Irma

vCash

vCash
    Looks like the strike zone is somewhere between Mexico and South Carolina.

vCash
    Is there any chance this thing goes out into the Gulf and hits LA, MS, AL, FL panhandle?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Is there any chance this thing goes out into the Gulf and hits LA, MS, AL, FL panhandle?
    Based on no data other than the track we see and extrapolating that, yeah, I'd say that's a possibility. And the water temperature off the Keys is about 90 degrees. Like a bathtub.

They're still expecting a northerly turn, and the entire Florida penisula now has a hurricane warning.

vCash
    Track has now gone WNW. There's an upper level low over MS and that's what they hope turns it north.

vCash
    After it gets through destroying Florida, looks like it's forecast to come right over Huntsville Monday night with gusts up to 45, then park itself over southern middle Tennessee. Might be a lot of rain here next week.

vCash
    Looks like it's finally doing what it's supposed to do. Hopefully I don't have to wake up hungover and haul ass in the morning.

vCash
    Looks like it's finally doing what it's supposed to do. Hopefully I don't have to wake up hungover and haul ass in the morning.
    Where are you?

vCash
    MS Coast

vCash
    any updates?
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    any updates?
    Was just about to ask the same thing, has anything changed? Still nervous here.

vCash
    Was just about to ask the same thing, has anything changed? Still nervous here.
    Back to a Cat 4 but track looks as forecast. West FL going to get raked.

vCash
    We have a Tropical Storm Watch in north Alabama. I've never seen that before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We have a Tropical Storm Watch in north Alabama. I've never seen that before.
    It's for the possibility of TS force winds inland. They did it for Katrina.

vCash
    Bump -

The past 14 hours have been pretty wild. Rain started a little over 24 hours ago. Wind was constant all day yesterday, but moderate. Around midnight last night the winds picked up. Power went out at 2:30 am. Steady winds of 45-55 from 2:30 am until 2:30 pm - with gusts pushing 70. I have some limited damage - fascia and soffit on the house mostly and a '93 Wrangler with a crushed top - and some major live oaks that will need to come down.

Storm surge has been incredibly heavy - I live 200 yards from the marsh and am at 11 feet above sea level. By streets, I am 3 blocks from the normal tide. I had tidal surge about 75 feet from my house at 1:00 pm high tide. This storm was far worse than Matthew even though Matthew was much closer to Brunswick.

We are safe though. Hopefully any other Dawgs out in the path of this beast are ok too. See y'all in Athens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Bump -

The past 14 hours have been pretty wild. Rain started a little over 24 hours ago. Wind was constant all day yesterday, but moderate. Around midnight last night the winds picked up. Power went out at 2:30 am. Steady winds of 45-55 from 2:30 am until 2:30 pm - with gusts pushing 70. I have some limited damage - fascia and soffit on the house mostly and a '93 Wrangler with a crushed top - and some major live oaks that will need to come down.

Storm surge has been incredibly heavy - I live 200 yards from the marsh and am at 11 feet above sea level. By streets, I am 3 blocks from the normal tide. I had tidal surge about 75 feet from my house at 1:00 pm high tide. This storm was far worse than Matthew even though Matthew was much closer to Brunswick.

We are safe though. Hopefully any other Dawgs out in the path of this beast are ok too. See y'all in Athens!
    Glad it stayed west and didn't turn back for a direct hit like once thought for you. Glad you are safe and no major issues.

vCash
    Bump -

Glad you're safe!

vCash
    Bump -

Similar situation, up the road at Tybee and Wilmington island. Storm surge flooded many homes within hundreds of feet from my house, but we stayed high and dry.

Matthew was thousands of trees down, no flooding. Irma had lots of flooding, but just a handful of downed trees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    Similar situation, up the road at Tybee and Wilmington island. Storm surge flooded many homes within hundreds of feet from my house, but we stayed high and dry.

Matthew was thousands of trees down, no flooding. Irma had lots of flooding, but just a handful of downed trees.
    Good to hear y'all made thru shrimp.