Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Official EliteDawgs 2017 Signing Day Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    If I take a kid with character issues, give me the 4 star who smoked weed.
    See, we can find common ground sometimes haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    He has multiple kids???
    He has a history of poor choices so today's decision was right in line with his other poor choices.....we probably dodged a bullet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Bowie family signs with OM
    Wonder if the NCAA, would like to interview old DD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I've stayed somewhat quiet on Bowie, but do we really want a kid who quits on his basketball team in the middle of a game? If I take a kid with character issues, give me the 4 star who smoked weed.
    Yep, I just hate we whiffed on getting one playmaking WR in the class, not so much that we didn't get Bowie. Austin will be a nice "possession" receiver at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Who?
    The 4 star kid that was set to announce for Bama and right before he goes live they call to tell him they won't take it his commitment now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    The 4 star kid that was set to announce for Bama and right before he goes live they call to tell him they won't take it his commitment now.
    I no longer feel sorry for the dude. Grow a pair and have some pride about yourself, parks

vCash

We weren't getting him to begin with. Some people just got way too excited because

he visited. I do think he actually gave us some consideration but I never thought he was going to sign w/us from the get go. Just way too many hands stuck out for him not to go to UM. He can now go sit on the bench behind all their other 4 and 5 star WR. Their WR group does make me somewhat jealous. Hell, we can't even get a solid 3 star much less a 4 or a 5. Gonzales isn't getting it done with his group.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    He has a history of poor choices so today's decision was right in line with his other poor choices.....we probably dodged a bullet
    SMH at this comment. I think you'd be very surprised how many players we have signed in the past (including some current players, most likely) that had multiple kids in high school. It's an unfortunate reality when your primary recruiting ground is the state that leads the nation in poverty, teenage pregnancy, and is dead last in education (which by extension means dead last in sex education). No way that should be used against him when judging his potential value to our program or another program.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    SMH at this comment. I think you'd be very surprised how many players we have signed in the past (including some current players, most likely) that had multiple kids in high school. It's an unfortunate reality when your primary recruiting ground is the state that leads the nation in poverty, teenage pregnancy, and is dead last in education (which by extension means dead last in sex education). No way that should be used against him when judging his potential value to our program or another program.
    Just made this exact point.

vCash
    2 out of 3 aint bad. Good day. Willie Gay is every bit as good as Akers. That aint spin either. Still dont understand why everybody is worried about our WRs. We will be fine there. Helped our DL with impact players and depth tremendously. Signed 5 OL this year, all of them are huge human beings. This class is a W. Good job Mullen and staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    2 out of 3 aint bad. Good day. Willie Gay is every bit as good as Akers. That aint spin either. Still dont understand why everybody is worried about our WRs. We will be fine there. Helped our DL with impact players and depth tremendously. Signed 5 OL this year, all of them are huge human beings. This class is a W. Good job Mullen and staff
    Spot on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    And the CL pencils him in to start at CB for them next year. Lulz.
    I hope he does. We called plays this season to intentionally run right at him.

vCash
    It's an unfortunate reality when your primary recruiting ground is the state that leads the nation in poverty, teenage pregnancy, and is dead last in education (which by extension means dead last in sex education).
    How did teenagers not get pregnant before sex education?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I hope the 5 OL we signed have good feet and can move. I recall in high school we had a big guy which we could push around all over the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    How did teenagers not get pregnant before sex education?
    Parents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    he visited. I do think he actually gave us some consideration but I never thought he was going to sign w/us from the get go. Just way too many hands stuck out for him not to go to UM. He can now go sit on the bench behind all their other 4 and 5 star WR. Their WR group does make me somewhat jealous. Hell, we can't even get a solid 3 star much less a 4 or a 5. Gonzales isn't getting it done with his group.
    We may have come up short this year, but we've signed at least one 4 star WR each of the previous four. We could do better recruiting this position, no doubt, but it's not a deficiency by any means.

vCash
    Absolutely agree!

vCash
    Doesn't mean it wasn't a poor choice. Especially the second time...and just because a lot of college age kids on every campus make the same poor choice it doesn't make it any better.

We could go into reasoning, causes, etc...but no reason to in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This is a really, really good class. Got our QB of the future, a stud RB, stud LB, immediate impact talent on the DL and secondary, along with some solid HS talent on the DL as well. We'll just have to wait and see what the OL become.
    Why do we have to do this every year? Really tired of this broken record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Why do we have to do this every year? Really tired of this broken record.
    Because most of the best OL we've had under Mullen have been lower-rated guys, and most of the higher-rated guys we've gotten haven't done a thing. Our OL under Mullen hasn't been any worse than most other position groups and hasn't really held us back.