Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
Mullen has coached on several teams that have gone undefeated or won national titles. He knows what buttons must be pushed to keep a team engaged.

Our falling apart at the end of 2014 wasn't because of the players. It was the coaches esp Collins. I don't see that happening this year.
Dan has that experience as a head coach as well so I imagine he will handle it even better as well. Going undefeated at Utah is different because at that time as a non-power five school that had no realistic shot at winning a NC even if they went undefeated. Winning a NC at Florida is something their fans expect and aren't surprised by. If we went undefeated at MSU or even 11-1, 10-2 and won the SEC regular season title it would be a vibe similar to our run in Omaha in 2013 or our women's Final Four run this year multiplied by 5.

Agree that Grantham is much better than Collins. I think his 1A/1B bullshit cost us a 12-0 season- especially when you consider that the 1B units gave up key touchdowns in the Alabama game and Egg Bowl. Not to mention Collins bend but don't break scheme had some obvious weaknesses and limited our offensive possessions. We were essentially counting on Dak and Josh Robinson to lead us to wins and hope that the defense would hold up enough.